Superleague Formula [R+R+TT] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Superleague Formula [R+R+TT] [login]

Post by Herbal »

Although a bit later than I've expected, but still, Superleague Formula is about to be opened!

So, what do you need to know about this competition? As you may remember, there also was a reallife competition Superleague Formula, which run between 2008 and 2011. The main idea of that compo was to sum football with car racing: football teams are racing against themselves on several famous circuits. Three races were held in each event, two feature races and a super final.

Settings

The following settings are to be used in this championship:
  • Tyre wear:3%
  • Fuel Consumption:4%
  • Fuel Mass:80 kg
  • Damage:15%
  • Game Speed:100%
Events

Just like the original SLF, there will also be two feature races and a superfinal. Feature race's length is 8 minutes, and you've got to race against AIs in the (soon to be released) official compopack. At the second race you've got to use boxes at least once. By superfinals race length will be 5 laps, but only those times will be calculated, who has scored the most points in featuer races of that round. Login time is set for each round to 22 minutes.

Points are going to be distributed in the following form:
Feature races: 50-45-40-36-32-29-26-23-20-18-16-14-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Superfinal: 6-5-4-3-2-1, but only six best scorer's time will be considered.

Calendar
  • 1st South Africa 2013.01.19
  • 2nd Brazil 2013.01.26
  • 3rd Germany 2013.02.09
  • 4th Spain 2013.02.16
  • 5th United Kingdom 2013.02.23
  • 6th Turkey 2013.03.02
  • 7th Poland 2013.03.09
  • 8th Russia 2013.03.16
  • 9th USA 2013.03.23
  • 10th Utd. Arabian Emirates 2013.03.30

To join Superleague Formula, send the following datas to gr.dxtr(a)gmail.com!
  • Your nickname
  • Your nationality
  • Your football team (from your or your ancestors' country's first league)
  • A valid email address of you (I've got to send some important informations for login)
  • And if you want to, a previously prepared car fitting to football team's home colors. If you don't want to, I'm going to design that one too.
For those, who took part in my previous competitions (ie. Race of Champions, AIOC), their password will be the same.

Entry list

SK Slavia Prague (CZE) - Trigger Happy
FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) - Buka
Clube Atletico Paranaense (BRA) - bruno_arnason
Śląsk Wrocław (POL) - kuba
Ferencváros TC (HUN) - Herbal
New England Revolution (USA) - SquidAlert
HNK Rijeka (CRO) - Alonso
DC United (USA) - puttz
Cruzeiro (BRA) - Cristiano Bohessef
CFR Cluj (ROM) - Bird
Girondins Bordeaux (FRA) - ev86
CSKA Moscow (RUS) - Lotus_Renault_GP
FC Baník Ostrava (CZE) - FrukisCZE
SG Dynamo Dresden (DDR) - Kaiserkoenig
Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas (BRA) - FogoRJ
Cherno More Varna (BLG) - ivaneurope
Hamburg SV (GER) - Mae
Diósgyőr VTK (HUN) - MD
Wisła Kraków (POL) - play3r
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER) - Reh
Sao Paulo FC (BRA) - SPFC
Coritiba (BRA) - Marcondes
Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama (BRA) - Fabricio
Goiás EC (BRA) - Cabral

Available seats for:
LA Galaxy (USA)

Downloads

Superleague Formula full pack
Superleague Formula light pack
Superleague Formula carpack
Last edited by Herbal on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
FogoRJ

Re: Superleague Formula [R+R+TT] [login]

Post by FogoRJ »

Sounds interesting. So, let's wait for the pack. :)
ECOlogic Racing Team
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm in. :me:

Trigger Happy, CZE, SK Slavia Prague, (mail you know, car to be sent asap after base will be available) :bsmile:
The current fictional(?) entry list makes me sort of sick, please, update it soon! :sick: :rofl:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Trigger Happy wrote:
The current fictional(?) entry list makes me sort of sick, please, update it soon! :sick: :rofl:
I like it. :bg: Herbal, you can leave everything as it is in my case. :)

Buka
Dynamo Kyiv
Ukraine
avodianyi@gmail.com
Please, paint my car in blue-white as I'm not good with Car Editor. :meditate:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Buka wrote:
Trigger Happy wrote:
I like it. :bg: Herbal, you can leave everything as it is in my case. :)
I think Ivo meant that sickness not because of the look, rather because its original content... But as there are entrants, it's not a matter anymore. :P BTW welcome guys! :wave:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, wrong club originally, now it's much better, thanks! :D

BTW pity that together with the update disappeared the entry with your own name, I hoped it's not a placeholder. :)
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

bruno_arnason
Clube Atlético Paranaense
Brazil
bruno_arnason@hotmail.com
I suggest you to paint the car with the colors of the team.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Hello Bruno! :wave: Your team selection gave me some thinking, and I've also received some notes about it from Ivo.
Trigger Happy wrote:Only quick note about detail, which you'd almost certainly notice on your own, just to be sure no harm to compo will happen I'm pointing out following - I noticed in rules the SF is for 1st league clubs only, but pay attention before deciding (as told on wiki), that the Atlético Paranaense got promotion in 2012 for its 3rd place, so in season 2013 (when SF will be held) will take a part in Brazilian Series A as compo rules requires. In Brazil the rythm of leagues is different, not winter-break in mid-season like in Hungary or in CZE.
However I'm about to allow this, as season will start only in 2013, and there Paranaense will be in Serie A. Good luck in the competition. ^^
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Definitely interested :goodvibes:
Is it one driver per club or are we allowed to have team mates?
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Alonso wrote:Definitely interested :goodvibes:
Is it one driver per club or are we allowed to have team mates?
In SLF we'll have a one team-one driver rule.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Herbal wrote:Hello Bruno! :wave: Your team selection gave me some thinking, and I've also received some notes about it from Ivo.

However I'm about to allow this, as season will start only in 2013, and there Paranaense will be in Serie A. Good luck in the competition. ^^
Hello, Herbal! Thanks! I looked at the calendar, but it's not really clear what tracks exactly are. I mean, I could recognize most of them (I suppose Madrid is Jarama). But what about Cottbus and Pretoria?

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

bruno_arnason wrote:
Herbal wrote:Hello Bruno! :wave: Your team selection gave me some thinking, and I've also received some notes about it from Ivo.

Hello, Herbal! Thanks! I looked at the calendar, but it's not really clear what tracks exactly are. I mean, I could recognize most of them (I suppose Madrid is Jarama). But what about Cottbus and Pretoria?
Race of Cottbus will be held on Lausitzring (it's about 10 kilometres away from Cottbus), and Pretoria will be held on Zwartkops.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Herbal wrote:
bruno_arnason wrote:

Race of Cottbus will be held on Lausitzring (it's about 10 kilometres away from Cottbus), and Pretoria will be held on Zwartkops.
Oh, boy. I was hoping for Sachsenring. I already have Lausitz, but it's another version. But I'm going to download it anyways. BTW, thanks for the help.

SquidAlert

Post by SquidAlert »

Hey guys, this is actually my first post on these forums. I've been racing against the AI for a while, and I think I'm ready a championship style competition. I'm interested in joining if you'll allow a newb in this event, but I have a few quesitons.

Will the tracks be announced beforehand so that I have some time to practice? Are we using a car that already exists or is one being specifically made for this competition? How many days is the login system for each race open?(Does the login only work on a specific day, or a specific week?) What does it mean to "respect the pit lane line"? Am I allowed to pick a gridiron football team, or does it have to be association football?

Thanks for running this. :bg:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Welcome here, SquidAlert! :wave:
SquidAlert wrote:Will the tracks be announced beforehand so that I have some time to practice? Are we using a car that already exists or is one being specifically made for this competition? How many days is the login system for each race open?(Does the login only work on a specific day, or a specific week?) What does it mean to "respect the pit lane line"? Am I allowed to pick a gridiron football team, or does it have to be association football?
The tracks to train on will be available shortly, I just have some problems with car file (If more than one cars are racing, only I am visible and game crashes after start.), but I think I'll just build a new car from scratch with Luke's Formula Renault physics.

About login system: that window should last for a week each, but as I've got to defend my degree work in the end of January, I think the first two-three rounds will be available from the very first moment. Usually that should last from announcement (that should mean Sunday, if nothing comes across) until Saturday midnight.

Respect of pit lane line means, that you may not hit pit crew and got to follow the pit route. As we are using v1.2c, it won't be a big matter, since I can apply on these tracks speed reducer.

In this competition you've got to take part under coats of European football (soccer in US, or as you said, association football) teams. This is because the original competition also included soccer teams.

BTW I still hope you'll join SLF very soon! :bg:
SquidAlert

Post by SquidAlert »

That sounds fine. I'm definetly interested in joining. So if I understand correctly, because I'm in the US I should pick an MLS team right? If thats the case, I select the New England Revolution. They have the same owner as my gridiron football team, and wear similar colors.

I've never used the car editor before but I'm guessing that I'll just be able to use the car you're making and recolor the polygons, right?

I'll send you an email with my entrant information shortly.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Superleague Formula full pack is accessible in first post, and also on website!

And an important announcement: tyre wear has been changed to 3%!
Bird

Post by Bird »

Oh the AIs are missing in the gamepack.

To remember the homecountry of my ancestors, I will sign up for CFR Cluj.
Supporter of Windows 98
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

I'm going to sign up for this, but no guarentees. My next semester at school will be super busy.

bgcatfan
USA
Los Angelos Galaxy
bgcatfan :D gmail.com

edit: For the time being I have removed my registration. I may or may not come back, but LA Galaxy is open for now.
Last edited by bgcatfan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Why not give this a try. Like bgcatfan, I may not be able to make all rounds due to school commitment.

puttz
USA
D.C. United
puttzracer :mad: gmail :taped: com

I don't follow soccer (or football, as it is known to most of you), so I just chose a team that is near me. :P If I could I would represent my NFL (American football) team, but the rules do not allow it :weep:

Ah, and I will need a car painted for me since the car editor does not work correctly on my computer :(
Last edited by puttz on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

Cristiano Bohessef
Brazil
Cruzeiro
cristiano.bohessef :) ig.com.br

If you could please paint the car :bg:
ECOlogic Racing Team
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Wow, I didn't expect that much interest in just one month before the start of competition! :D Welcome here! :wave:
Bird wrote:Oh the AIs are missing in the gamepack.
Will be fixed in some seconds, there were some problems with copying then...
Bird wrote:To remember the homecountry of my ancestors, I will sign up for CFR Cluj.
I should have a meditation about this case, if I would allow to race in colors of ancestors. :meditate: Question is, what is more important: to keep people in their country, or having a bit more diversified grid. (Latter isn't lucky though, if ie. 4-5 driver would race in color of FC Barcelona.)
Bird

Post by Bird »

Herbal wrote:I should have a meditation about this case, if I would allow to race in colors of ancestors. :meditate: Question is, what is more important: to keep people in their country, or having a bit more diversified grid. (Latter isn't lucky though, if ie. 4-5 driver would race in color of FC Barcelona.)
This is simple, because in the real Superleague Formula, the nation of the driver and the football club was very often different.
Also, I am not interested in football stuff that is going on in Germany, so why shouldn't I select a different team then?

But if you are going to make a rule against it, I will select another team.
Supporter of Windows 98
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Bird wrote:
Herbal wrote:I should have a meditation about this case, if I would allow to race in colors of ancestors. :meditate: Question is, what is more important: to keep people in their country, or having a bit more diversified grid. (Latter isn't lucky though, if ie. 4-5 driver would race in color of FC Barcelona.)
This is simple, because in the real Superleague Formula, the nation of the driver and the football club was very often different.
Also, I am not interested in football stuff that is going on in Germany, so why shouldn't I select a different team then?

But if you are going to make a rule against it, I will select another team.
Well, I'm not against anything, and actually, it's somewhere good for us to have a colorful team list, so... I'll allow you to start in CFR Cluj. ^^

BTW, say hello for EV86 and Girondins Bordeaux! :bg:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

The first swallows did arrive: you can download the first twelve team's car from first post and also from website!