Historic Easter Cup [TT] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Bird

Historic Easter Cup [TT] [Login]

Post by Bird »

Historic Easter Cup
shot0012.png
shot0012.png (8.56 KiB) Viewed 8108 times
This is a Generally championship, which should remind on great motorsport in East-European countries. The car that everyone has to use is the Formula Easter, which was made by DocWalt. This car may not have the biggest engine power, but its downforce was enormous at that time. Especially rookies will get very fast used to this car.
In today's Formula sport, the driver don't needs a lot of technical knowledge, because the mechanics prepare his car. Back in the day, the driver was sometimes driver, mechanic and constructor at the same time! To keep this spirit, you can select between three setups for your car: Short (good acceleration), Medium (balanced) and Long (high top-speed). You have to find the best setup for each track to be the fastest driver.

This competition uses a normal login system, like most of the other competitions do. That means that you have only one attempt to race, after you log in. Therefore you get a password, which will be send to you after you signed in for this competition. Don't try to restart your race after you made one lap, because then you will need too much time and that will mean a penalty.

I explain the login system:
You can race on all of the four tracks, whenever you want (must be before the deadline of each race). You need to put a number in front of your username, when you are at the login window. For example if your name is Bird and you want to race on the first track, write 1Bird into the login dialogue for the user name (second track: 2Bird, third track: 3Bird, etc). Your password is the same for all the tracks.
You click on this link: http://miskolcracing.comuf.com/competit ... ric/login/
1. Put the downloaded track into the folder "tracks".
2. Do your race on the login track. Not on the practise track!
3. Make a screenshot, when the results appear (press F12).
4. Save the game (press ESC and then select "Save"). I don't care how you name the file.
5. Send the track file (*.trk), savegame (*.gam) and screenshot (*.bmp) to my e-mail adress (wernereissler(at)yahoo.de).

Now some more information about the racing and the rules:
These are timetrial races to secure the Timetrial monthly world cup in GWR for the next three months. So as this will be a timetrial, you race without annoying AIs.

Settings:
Race distance: 20 laps (always)
Tyre wear: 30%
Fuel consumption: 15%
Fuel mass: 145 kg
Damage: 20%
Also I want to keep the rules simple for this. So there are no cutting rules, wallbouncing rules or pitstop rules. I think the tracks are well made to avoid any discussion. I also don't mind if you use ghost car, because in my opinion you make more crashes with ghost. Your objective is just to be the fastest driver.
The chamionship points will be awarded to the top 6 drivers: 9-6-4-3-2-1. Fastest lap is 1 point. If more drivers drive an equal fastest lap, the extra point will be shared.
To be classified in the championship standings, you have to participate in two or more races. If two drivers have the same number of points, the higher place will be important.
In the case, that your PC failed during the race or maybe after the race, when you have to make a screenshot, please post it here or write me a PM, because then you will be classified as "participated, but not finished".

And finally, here are the tracks:

1. Czech Race: Zapadakov by Mad Dan
Deadline: 23. April

2. Croatian Race: Oak Road (Kart) by Cocney
Deadline: 7. May

3. Polish Race: Iblize (B) by Areen
Deadline: 21. May

4. Slovenian Race: Hills of Oblivion (Past MR) by LongBow
Deadline: 4. June

There are two weeks between the publishing of the results. You can race on every track whenever you want.
I want to make a commented race video after every race on YouTube. We need to promote our small little game, don't we?

Signing up:
Like in the real historic championship for east-european race cars (it's called HAIGO if you are interested), there are no teams here too.
Just send me your name, nationality and e-mail-adress.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please post them here.
Attachments
EasterPack.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 261 times
Last edited by Bird on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Supporter of Windows 98
FRUKIScze

Re: Historic Easter Cup [TT] [M-Login]

Post by FRUKIScze »

Czech Republic race? And date of race is equal to my birthday! :D So i must race here.
FRUKIScze
CZE
frukiscze@centrum.cz

But how do you recognise, when I downloaded login file?
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Bird

Post by Bird »

FRUKIScze wrote:But how do you recognise, when I downloaded login file?
I knew that this question would be asked, but I don't want to comment on it, because then somebody might be able to trick me. But FRUKIScze, you can be sure that I know what I am doing! ;) Allright?
Supporter of Windows 98
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Bird wrote:Allright?
Allright. :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
MD

Post by MD »

GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Buka

Post by Buka »

Bird wrote:
I knew that this question would be asked, but I don't want to comment on it, because then somebody might be able to trick me.
That doesn't sound very persuasive. :shhh: You admit you can be tricked by someone and you wouldn't know it. Why don't you try good old login?
MD

Post by MD »

Buka wrote:That doesn't sound very persuasive. :shhh: You admit you can be tricked by someone and you wouldn't know it. Why don't you try good old login?
Maybe Resi and me can help you :roll:
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Bird wrote:
I knew that this question would be asked, but I don't want to comment on it, because then somebody might be able to trick me. But FRUKIScze, you can be sure that I know what I am doing! ;) Allright?
You should PM the details of your system to some trustworthy people here, so they will be able to either assure people that it is fair or give you tips on how to improve it.
I like short, simple signatures!
puttz

Post by puttz »

I think it might be easy to trick this system, I can think of a couple fairly simple cheats. You might as well make it no-login, or just use the standard login system. It will probably save you some headaches. I have the feeling that it wouldn't count as login for GWR, it would be scored as no-login, I think.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
kuba

Post by kuba »

This mail login seems at least weird - why not to make regular one? Why to introduce something new which isn't better when everybody are familiar with current?

P. S. when I read how this will work I knew in a second how to trick it.
Bird

Post by Bird »

Ok, I know now that my concept of a login system is very bad. I won't do a competition with it.
But I think I will be working together with MD at this competition. Fortuneatly there is some time until I wanted to make the races. I will post more news later.
And thank you all for clarifying that my login system would be so easily tricked. That would have ended in a big disaster if I really would have started this competition!
Supporter of Windows 98
Bird

Re: Historic Easter Cup [TT] [Login]

Post by Bird »

So now it's official:
This competition will be sponsored by Miskolc Racing Foundation (MD and Resi). More infos will follow.
Fortuneatly there is some time before the first race starts. You can sign up now.
Supporter of Windows 98
puttz

Post by puttz »

Alright, I'll bite :yummy:

puttz
USA
puttzracer :roll: gmail :taped: com
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

Name: NICO1
Nationality: Austria
E-mail-adress: schweinzer dot nico at gmail dot com
Bird

Post by Bird »

More news: MD will send the login information to the racers, who already signed in.
And one more important thing: You will be able to log in for all the tracks at anytime (it's like in Jo.sk's compeition Generally Hang On Short Tracks). Check the login information, how to log in. The login will be ready soon.

Did anyone tested the pack yet? What do you think?
Supporter of Windows 98
Buka

Post by Buka »

I forgot to sign up.

Buka
UKR
avodianyi@gmail.com
scaramanga

Post by scaramanga »

Scaramanga
Croatian
epuloncro@gmail.com
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I cannot miss such small compo. :up:

Trigger Happy, CZE (mail you know :)).
MD

Post by MD »

Login infos for the first NINE participants have been sent. Check your mailboxes :)
boblopette

Post by boblopette »

i already wrote to Bird, but here's my data anyway:

name: boblopette
nationality: italian
e-mail: pm

:)
Bird

Post by Bird »

The login link is ready now. I tested it and it works. So now you can login for all the races (read the first post for more information). The first post also includes the login link:

http://miskolcracing.comuf.com/competit ... ric/login/

So let's have a look at the entry list, consisting of 10 drivers at the moment.
NICO1 (AUT)
Scaramanga (CRO)
FRUKIScze (CZE)
Trigger Happy (CZE)
Bird (GER)
MD (HUN)
boblopette (ITA)
kuba (POL)
Buka (UKR)
puttz (USA)
Three races will have local participants. Only the Slovenian round will be without Slovenian drivers, but the last racer from Slovenia raced in October 2011.
If anyone wants to participate in this competition, you can still sign up. I accept entrys at anytime.
Supporter of Windows 98
boblopette

Post by boblopette »

i'm sorry, but i still don't have any login infos in my mail nor in my PMs :shy:
Bird

Post by Bird »

boblopette wrote:i'm sorry, but i still don't have any login infos in my mail nor in my PMs :shy:
I expect that MD send it to you now.

By the way, I changed the deadlines from Sunday to Tuesday, because then we have less collision with the races from PGR-F1.
So there is one week until the deadline of the first race.
Supporter of Windows 98
puttz

Post by puttz »

Race run. That felt pretty good, actually. Still expecting my usual result, though :hide:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bird

Post by Bird »

So there is one day left for racing on the first track. I have now four races from me, puttz, kuba and boblopette. Thanks for participating so far!
Note for the others: This race decides the monthly timetrial championship! Your name could be in the hall of fame!
Supporter of Windows 98