** FormulaGR ** - Where digital champions compete

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
NICO1

** FormulaGR ** - Where digital champions compete

Post by NICO1 »

Aloha GeneRally Community!
Intro: As a passionate GeneRally racer myself, I am eager to make a fantastic league for GeneRally. Ever since Soltys had his F1 league many years ago, I was inspired to do this and now came the day, where things are starting to get rolling

Before I say much, I recommend you to check out our website at http://www.formulagr.tk
Our website is mainly optimized for modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, ... Internet Explorer should work too, but we dont guarantee that everything works smoothly there.

Please head over and read our "Vision" for the league. In the next days and maybe some weeks, we want to put together the rules as well as a calendar. The reason why those things are not available yet is simply, that we want to involve the community in the process of evaluating the best ways.

Prizes: As you might have read already on the website ( http://www.formulagr.tk ), there's a price available to be won. A high gloss booklet, telling the story of the winner over the races in the season, including graphics. We plan to give away at least 2 additional prices (superflat keyboard/gamepad). If you have ideas what would be other good prices let us know. We plan to get tiny sponsors (fits to the game, doesnt it ;) ) to support the league with small prizes and will establish integration of sponsor logos onto the tracks.

Tracks: As mentioned in our "Vision", we want small (not meaning tiny) to medium sized tracks in our calendar. Also we want to establish "Standards" which should be met in the future to qualify a track as a FormulaGR track, such as:

- At least 4 pit teams,
- At least 2 grand stands to offer place for visitors
- Pitlane must be separated from the track by a wall
- Pitlane speed limiter

But as we want to evolve over the future we might not take these points so serious from the beginning on. We kinda want to simulate the real F1 in the sense of having tracks that stay on the calendar for future seasons if they are working well for the league. Big real life circuits with very small cars is what we dont want.

We want to mention which trackmakers made a very positive impression on us when we screened a big bunch of tracks. We would be happy if those trackmakers would let us know if they would like to allow us to use their tracks (and in some cases make minimal changes such as pit limiter, sponsor-logo in grass):

-Tuomoh
-MASA
-XYY
-Trigger Happy

Everyone is invited to suggest tracks. We will collect the suggestions, select favorites and open a poll on our website as to which tracks should make it into the calendar.

Names: For a more stylish and e-sportish way we would love to use real names instead of nicknames. To still offer anonymity, we would like to make it in this format: "John D." (first name and first letter of last name). We think this would be a step forward.

Teamnames: Please think of creative names instead of using F1 or other real life teamnames. I remember amazing teams in Soltys F1 such as "Motorama". We will very soon introduce a small community system which will allow every team to have their own little teamsite on FormulaGR, featuring their logo, car livery, drivers, ...

Cars: We would love to collaborate with MASA. We love his 2012 F1 Set and would be very happy if we could get allowance to use those cars (only thing we would like to edit are colors, so teams can have their own livery).

PS: We are very happy for every feedback on this idea, that we can get. Please note: Signups are not yet open, but on the website, when you click signup, you can get yourself onto our mailing-list to get informed about the progress

Last, but not least: We want this to become an amazing league for all sorts of players. I will personally invest a lot of time into this. Depending on how this will turnout, we might make a Karting Class and a GP2 class as well, but one thing after another ;-)
Last edited by NICO1 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NICO1

Re: ** FormulaGR ** - With real prizes

Post by NICO1 »

Website URL was broken. Fixed now. Thanks Crowella for letting us now.
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

"Sign up" on the website can be used now to indeed sign up.

Note: There's only 22 seats available.
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Hey NICO!

I can remember a similar competition in 2009, I guess, that was advertised as "GeneRally World Championship" and there were said to be "real prizes" as well. I signed in at that time but nothing has happened after that. There also was a website with a coming soon message.

All in all, your competition pretty much reminds me of that. Is that you again with another attempt? Just curious because I think it was you, nicknamed "birel" at PGR.de, who got me into this competition thing. :scratch:

EDIT: Gotcha! http://www.planet-generally.de/e107_plu ... ?3840.post
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

Yeah, I remember that! That was not long after I became self employed and things got very busy. Besides of that there was a lot of discussion about the title of the competition and so it, sadly, never started. But now, years later, the time has come :)

PS: I want to note, this should be in no way a opponent competition to PGRF1. I love the effort and work you guys put into your competition.

Who knows, if FormulaGR gets traction anway. I certainly do hope so.

All the best,
NICO1
(FormulaGR)
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Cool. I will certainly keep an eye on what your compo is finally turning into! I thought it was a shame for it to not take place back then.
Let's keep further discussion private. I don't want to spam your topic with GR nostalgia. :)

Good luck!
NICO1

Re: ** FormulaGR ** - Where digital champions compete

Post by NICO1 »

Is there anything that turns you guys off on this format? I am just wondering, because there was almost no response. Lovely greetings from Austria!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Information on the race formats and race dates would be nice. :shhh: Might be able to get more interest in the series once there are actual details.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

Thanks puttz! Working on it. Appreciate your feedback.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Similarly to puttz, I like generally the principles of track sizes (although I doubt I made any fitting to ''FormulaGR'' as a parallel to F1, so I'd rather suggest to look at others' tracks), also the car sounds OK, so I don't feel any major need to discuss the format, in my case it's rather waiting for calendar and further details (settings etc because I rarely join a compo with no test of gamepack). :)
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

Thanks also to you Trigger Happy. With the feedback from both of you, I know whats on my agenda :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

For me, format will be somewhat important, if the races are really long, I probably won't join, and also if there is qualifying, that tends to make me less inclined to race because usually that means there is a big window for qualifying and a 1-2 day window for racing :vsad: In other words, I just like to know specifics before signing on to racing so I know if I will be able to race and enjoy it or not.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA