GeneRally International Indy Racing League [HL+TT] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
The Grimeloid

Re: GeneRally International Indy Racing League [HL+TT] [logi

Post by The Grimeloid »

FRUKIScze wrote:
Entry list:
16 - FRUKIScze (cze) - CZRT (livery: blue/red)
I sent you four cars. #11 road, #11 oval #16 road, #16 oval
I know, but you don't have 2 entries with the same number, or you have or you don't, 'mmkay?

Anyway: The passwords will be sent to each and everyone of you. The problem is I'm still in trouble to find a place to login, and that's bad, 'mmkay?
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
puttz

Post by puttz »

Boy, I just noticed in the penalty rules: Late submission is excluded from the race and suspended for 2 races? Isn't this a little harsh? Usually it's either a penalty that will drop them several places down the order, or BOP. I've never seen anyone suspend someone for late submissions. It tends to happen several times throughout a competition season to various drivers, and most all drivers I'm quite sure had no intention of cheating when their submission came late. Sometimes people's internet can be slow, and that causes late submissions on occasion, and suspending them because their internet is slow just isn't right. I also don't see a definition of what a late submission will be. What is the login time? One last question :P What is the definition of cutting? That can be especially had to define on an oval, so can we get some clarification on that rule?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

puttz wrote:Boy, I just noticed in the penalty rules: Late submission is excluded from the race and suspended for 2 races? Isn't this a little harsh? Usually it's either a penalty that will drop them several places down the order, or BOP. I've never seen anyone suspend someone for late submissions. It tends to happen several times throughout a competition season to various drivers, and most all drivers I'm quite sure had no intention of cheating when their submission came late. Sometimes people's internet can be slow, and that causes late submissions on occasion, and suspending them because their internet is slow just isn't right. I also don't see a definition of what a late submission will be. What is the login time? One last question :P What is the definition of cutting? That can be especially had to define on an oval, so can we get some clarification on that rule?
Ah, looks like I was too Fórmula One in the rules... shouldn't have done that. Login time will be 30 minutes... I don't understand why should I be too harsh on that, right? I will change the rules right now, and I invite you to read the rules later on

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Sorry for the double post, but now I have an important announcement to make, everyone:

The penalty rules are changed. So don't expect for harsh penalties. Check out the new rules on the GRIIRL's blog:

http://generallyinternationalirl.blogsp ... rules.html

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

bruno_arnason wrote:
FRUKIScze wrote:
Entry list:
16 - FRUKIScze (cze) - CZRT (livery: blue/red)
I sent you four cars. #11 road, #11 oval #16 road, #16 oval
I know, but you don't have 2 entries with the same number, or you have or you don't, 'mmkay?

Anyway: The passwords will be sent to each and everyone of you. The problem is I'm still in trouble to find a place to login, and that's bad, 'mmkay?
Cars #11 are for Ivaneurope, Cars #16 are for me and i will send you cars #15 for Kuba too.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
puttz

Post by puttz »

By the way, I assume the email that you must send files to is the same for signing up, correct? And also the files that must be sent are the standard screen, track, and save files required by most compos?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

puttz wrote:By the way, I assume the email that you must send files to is the same for signing up, correct? And also the files that must be sent are the standard screen, track, and save files required by most compos?
Yes!

puttz

Post by puttz »

As login will be hosted by NAGRCA, I have now uploaded the login files. If you have any tech problems, direct them to me.
Login!
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

I've received login information.

I have mixed feelings about penalties - wouldn't be better to change disqualification to BOP? IMHO disqualification is what you get for doing something against the rules with premeditation, and BOP is when you made mistake, even huge one. Also I would replace warnings with time penalties. Separate issue is "Driving under 100% game speed" - can we even do that? Aren't we using GR 1.2 and in that version we can't change game speed?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Kuba, I second that. :nod: Btw these things are of rare reasons, which can prevent me from joining otherwise OK-looking compo (same matter in Marcinho's tourers IIRC).
puttz

Post by puttz »

Grrrrr.... Beware fake pitmen! :doh:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

kuba wrote:I've received login information.

I have mixed feelings about penalties - wouldn't be better to change disqualification to BOP? IMHO disqualification is what you get for doing something against the rules with premeditation, and BOP is when you made mistake, even huge one. Also I would replace warnings with time penalties. Separate issue is "Driving under 100% game speed" - can we even do that? Aren't we using GR 1.2 and in that version we can't change game speed?

What do you suggest then?

Merged double reply from Tue May 28, 2013 10:20 pm:

Sorry for the double post, but the Kansas round is already OPEN!

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

kuba wrote:I have mixed feelings about penalties - wouldn't be better to change disqualification to BOP?
bruno_arnason wrote:What do you suggest then?
He already did, BOP meaning back of pack instead of DQ. ;)
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

In my opinion, back of the pack would not be too much, for me DQ is still fine, but I will think about it

time penalties instead of warnings? I don't know, maybe lap penalties?

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Think about it this way as most other compo organizers think: if the offense is most likely due to an error or forgetting, then DQ is too much. DQ is ok only if it's deliberate cheating. :2c:
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

TuomoH wrote:Think about it this way as most other compo organizers think: if the offense is most likely due to an error or forgetting, then DQ is too much. DQ is ok only if it's deliberate cheating. :2c:

How about the driver be in a mini-trial? He has 1 day to defend himself from the mistake he made. If it's quite clear it was just a mistake, he will be just warned, but only if its his first mistake... from second onwards, it's DQ already. If the driver doesn't defend himself, he will be immediately DQed. What you think?

kuba

Post by kuba »

It just happens that in English language is just the right word to describe this idea of yours - stupid.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Why my idea is stupid? Just because was I who had it? Give me a break, I've seen this kind of rule before here. I've tried to be impartial with all of you, and that's what happens when I'm open for suggestions. You're just saying this just because it's me... Bollocks!

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I don't it's due to who you are. The thing is that this game is supposed to be fun and having mini-trials for small mistakes sounds the very opposite of fun.
kuba

Post by kuba »

I'm not calling anyone stupid - it's about this idea.
TuomoH wrote:having mini-trials for small mistakes sounds the very opposite of fun.
Exactly this, and also assuming someone is guilty unless he proves his innocence isn't right, should be the other way around.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Fine, but the DQ rule still remain for the Kansas round, which had already begun. If it proves to be a flop, I will edit the "rulebook" again

puttz

Post by puttz »

There is now a login link for Cleveland, since I will be out of town and unavailable to do anything with the server for the next week. My apologies to bruno, this will also mean delayed results for the first round.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Deadline is tomorrow, I wanted begin to practice, but got stuck - I don't know which car I should use. Pack contains 10 cars, there was mention something about cars made by FRUKIScze, can I get some clarification?
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

kuba wrote:Deadline is tomorrow, I wanted begin to practice, but got stuck - I don't know which car I should use. Pack contains 10 cars, there was mention something about cars made by FRUKIScze, can I get some clarification?
Your car is #15, and for this race you need to use "Indy Oval"

EDIT: I had a disastrous Kansas race. I was going fine and well, and I've reached 9.84, but then, I hit the wall and my car went to the other side of the wall and couldn't complete because of login time. I will race tomorrow for Cleveland, and hope it will be a better race.

kuba

Post by kuba »

Car number doesn't actually matter, does it?

Also, by "Indy Oval" do you mean "Indy-MS Oval"?

What about other races, is it somewhere established what car to use in the rest of the events? What do we have 10 cars for?

I'm asking these question to be absolute sure how to race as it seems you pay much attention to stick to the rules.