GeneRally International Indy Racing League [HL+TT] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
The Grimeloid

Re: GeneRally International Indy Racing League [HL+TT] [logi

Post by The Grimeloid »

Rockingham, United Kingdom
GRIIRL_Great_Britain_race.zip
(702.12 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login is posted for the next round.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

You know what? I would retain it to myself. But no, I'm too angry for that.

Thanks to some users, this compo is being disrespected for NO reason at all. A user named "Bird" suggested that this compo gets excluded from the ranking.

Let me tell you something, "Bird": I called circa 20 guys to participate, yet only 5 confirmed. Each and everyone of the others, and that includes you, Polska, didn't even wanted to participate and now you're telling me to hit the bricks? No, no, no... that can work with some people here, but NOT me. But what I suggest is the following:

There will be a GeneRally Int'l Indy Racing League compo next year, however, it's my time to not give a goddamn crap about this. I think this compo deserves more. So, therefore, it's not confirmed, but now, I suggest to everyone involved in GRIIRL to create a separated organization, with two championships happening at the same time. Using math, 6 compos can happen in a year. This a great game, it has great players, but it doesn't deserve "has-beens" like this forum has. Now, we can have some ideas and you can join me. Or I can go, and create a Tony George-style confusion, and in years to come, well, everyone knows the story pretty much

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
puttz

Post by puttz »

Geez, a little harsh words, I think. Things like this are not going to incline anyone to join a future running of your compo. I'm sure that Bird has nothing personal against you. The problem is that not enough people are interested in your compo at this time. And I think you need to evaluate your compo in comparison to others from a more objective point of view, rather than a "my compo is best" view. You say others are overrated such as PGRF1. I would submit that this is not true. Why is PGRF1 so popular? Simple. It's run like clockwork and is arguably the best organized compo with some of the most well defined rule sets in all of GR racing. Instead of putting down other compos, rather you should look at them and figure out what makes them good, and try to emulate them. :bg: For starters, setting up a site where you can host your own login would be advised. Also, listen to what others have to say, rather than putting them down. They are trying to help you, not make fun of you.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bird

Post by Bird »

Time to comment here:
bruno_arnason wrote:Let me tell you something, "Bird": I called circa 20 guys to participate, yet only 5 confirmed. Each and everyone of the others, and that includes you, Polska, didn't even wanted to participate...
Did you really asked some people seperately, if they want to participate? I tell you, how this works. If you start a compeition, it will be listed in this forum and everyone who wants to drive in Generally will notice it. And if some people really want to drive, they won't sign in and then don't race.
Bruno, your GRIIL and my Historic Easter Cup had not been the best attended compeitions. Why? Because our championships have to compete with the biggest whale in the sea, PGRF1. Also we have to face an inconvenient truth: Generally will run out of players. Go to GWR, to the headline "History of GWR", then to the word "Generally". It's getting less every year!

So I also had not many players, but what did I do... swearing? No, I was happy with my four drivers, made a show out of it through making these videos, and I had fun with it! Even if it had been only for four drivers! And because I was putting work into it, three more drivers joined my compeition and the races had been awesome, even if there had been only 6 drivers!

Watch the GWR discussion: My competition will be affected too though that rule change. Is it getting worthless through that? No, because it was fun to organise a compeition.
Supporter of Windows 98
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Bird wrote:... Also we have to face an inconvenient truth: Generally will run out of players. Go to GWR, to the headline "History of GWR", then to the word "Generally". It's getting less every year! ...
There is other inconvenient truth related to this - it's not only about decrease of racers nominally, but also in activity of currently active racers. In past most of people raced 3-4 competitions (= events per week) at same time, extremists 5-7. This was mainly case of such ''just for fun'' compos like this or the Eastern formula supplementary to main events (e.g. various preferred F1s made by whomever over the decade). During the years increased among the racers the percent of people, who is telling, how much they must focus their training attention on this or that one particular compo to ''be competitive'', so cannot anything else or similar stories. This neither helps in general.

But those are only some of several problems, which affected attendance of this compo. Another may be listed as problems in start like timing covering whole European summer time (lowest gaming activity), extreme calendar and its changes or whether with login or not (related confusion to both these things) and other details causing uncertainty among people in the beginning of the season, whether the compo will bring fun time (e.g. comments of Bruno himself, which are made in a quite peculiar way and occasionally expressing quite touchy feelings, unfortunately resulting in mood like being permanently in argue over everything instead of discussing or chatting with each other - nobody likes to get involved into argue for no reason). And if merged with lower activity in two ways pointed out above, it's too many troubles at once in presence, when even perfectly organized compo may struggle in attendance (like GRC in latest season).

So I think problems may be found on both sides not only to blame racers or only some weak points of the compo, which mostly did fade way.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

During June-August very few players are playing GeneRally compos. I remember when the first few rounds of PGRF1 season we had around 24 players on start. Now during the summer some go on holliday and have very few to no time to play the compos.
Another thing is the lack of motivation. I have organised 2 compos - GRWTCC and the Alpine Skiing World Championship. There were around 7-8 participants and I knew that I won't have 15 players in my compos. Some, who had registered have lost motivation later. Here PGRF1 is again perfect example. After San Marino due to poor speed and unable to find pointscoring teammate(which reminds me to inform yo Bird that today is the deadline for Indian GP) I took a hiatus from the compo. I returned for Austria and Turkey, but yet again nothing new. In GRIRL I easily managed to clinch maximum 2nd in Cleveland and Indy, but after seeing kuba(my teammate) as unbeatable I called it quits here as well(maybe I'll return at some point).
The key for good compo is by following these criterias: duration, organisation quality, number of participants and the motivation of the players.
BTW I don't think that GRIRL should be removed from GWR - it's kind unfair for the organiser to see his compo out of the GWR.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

ivaneurope wrote:BTW I don't think that GRIRL should be removed from GWR - it's kind unfair for the organiser to see his compo out of the GWR.
The discussion (in GWR thread) is not about the removal of the compo, anyway all the events remain included in the ranking and the drivers keep the points scored. The "problem" was the victories and podiums in a competition with a so little attendance : it's not a big challenge to finish on the podium if there are only 2 or 3 drivers and it's why we discuss the possibility to not include the positions in the statistics in this case (and consider the drivers as "not classified").
But don't worry : the GRIIRL remains supported by GWR !
kuba

Post by kuba »

So, what is the status of this compo, Bruno? Will you present results from Surfers Paradise and we continue to race?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login is posted
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Surfers_Paradise_race.zip
(602.95 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
http://generallyinternationalirl.blogsp ... tires.html

No spoiler, because everybody knows who won, right?

puttz

Post by puttz »

I must now make an unfortunate announcement: Following this round of racing, NAGRCA will be pulling it's login support for this series. These are the reasons: 1. The login system is not being properly utilized by the organizer, the series might as well be no-login because bruno has not received any timer files, and in fact has posted results before even having a chance for me to send them sometimes, so I stopped bothering about the timer since it didn't seem to matter anyway and the track files in the zips were the exact same files as were in the compo pack. And reason 2. bruno's attitude towards other competition organizers and forum members has been rather harsh and unreasonable, and not an attitude that I can endorse, therefore leading to my decision to pull support for this series. My apologies, bruno, but you need to lighten up a little and just have fun, and also understand a few things.
Last edited by puttz on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

I announce that I will never participate in any championships which bruno_arnason organises.
If you don't like what we do here, burno, well then the door is still open and leave. With your attitude you insulted me and every single one here. I tried to help you, but now you are on your own.
Oh and with you "demandings" I don't think that anyone here will anwser on your track/car requests now with that attitude towards organisers/carmakers/trackmakers
Last edited by ivaneurope on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I've been completely uninvolved in this, but I think puttz's comment sums things up. Given that the numbers of drivers are dwindling, any competition runner has to be flexible, tolerant and act correctly towards its clients, the drivers, not to mention anyone else who may potentially become involved. Sadly, these simple things are not being followed here; hence why the series has all but collapsed.

That said, people going out of their way to insult bruno are not helping anyone either. If I was Bruno, I'd can the series (if there are any rounds left), take a break, and then come back, having seen what the community want, and gained a little bit of maturity in regards to dealing with them.
kuba

Post by kuba »

If Bruno decides to finish with all rounds (right now we have 9th one, I've already made my attempt, 2 more planned) I will drive until the end - I've signed up which for me is promise to participate, and I want to be a guy who keeps his promises.

I'll write my thoughts after the end of this championship.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

kuba wrote:If Bruno decides to finish with all rounds (right now we have 9th one, I've already made my attempt, 2 more planned) I will drive until the end - I've signed up which for me is promise to participate, and I want to be a guy who keeps his promises.

I'll write my thoughts after the end of this championship.

First of all, after all the hating and bashing on me, just because I said the truth, thank you to everybody who really got it. And to Lukeno and kuba, as well. BTW, kuba, since NAGRCA decided to go by theirselves, I don't think there is a reason to continue it. I'm really sorry, man, you were very loyal to this championship, but I don't think it will continue.

And we won't have the South African Grand Prix. :vsad: That was a bad thing to discover.

I really decided to act like stupid and create GRAWF (which stands for GeneRally Armada World Federation) and put CPU championships inside it. At least, I won't be mad because of lack of drivers. Goodbye everyone, but I think GRIIRL has no future whatsoever.

-Criticising is so easy-

The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

To puttz: I knew you were going to drop the support. You became dissatisfied from a certain moment.

To ivaneurope: No offense, seriously. I knew you were going to do this. Kind of person who supports established compos. Don't want to offend, but that's the truth.

Thanks to kuba and Lukeno for the good words.

The bad thing is not the compo. I don't care about the compo. I care for the South African GP. I won't be the first South African to win the SAGP (I don't know if that happened before). :weep:

puttz

Post by puttz »

@bruno, please understand that I do not have anything personal against you. It's just that your attitude towards racing needs to change a little bit, and just have fun with it. I, for one, enjoy racing in one-off or smaller compos from time to time (and have even run a couple myself), and I know there are others out there that enjoy the same. In all honesty, GWR does not matter so much to me. I just like to have fun in a good compo :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

@bruno, no offense man, but sometimes the things are not going as good as we want. I had only 2 compos organised. And yes they weren't well organised, but still didn't quit and still supported until the compo ended.
My advice is to rethink your concept and in later stage organise another compo. Not all can organise perfect compos.

If you talk about the F1 South African GP only one has won it - Jody Scheckter in 1975.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

My attempts to run competitions were very poor; however, I did run two successfully; the Muscle Car Cup S1, and OHS Circuits. Those were back in 2011. I'm considering knocking together a small compo now, actually... :p
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

ivaneurope wrote:@bruno, no offense man, but sometimes the things are not going as good as we want. I had only 2 compos organised. And yes they weren't well organised, but still didn't quit and still supported until the compo ended.
My advice is to rethink your concept and in later stage organise another compo. Not all can organise perfect compos.

If you talk about the F1 South African GP only one has won it - Jody Scheckter in 1975.
I was talking about GR, but it's okay

@kuba: results will come out until tomorrow. The problem is that I just want to ignore this flop and I'm too lazy to do the final stuff. But it will be ready at least until Sunday, don't worry, "kubs" ;)

The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

FINAL STANDINGS:

Drivers:

1- kuba (POL) CZRT - 410 points
2- bruno_arnason (RSA) AMI, Inc. - 274 points
3- ivaneurope (BGR) CZRT - 123 points
4- puttz (USA) Volcano Motorsports - 120 points
NC- FRUKIcze (CZE) CZRT - 0 points
NC- Ol7hYa (ARG) AMI, Inc. - 0 points

Teams:

1- CZRT - 533 points
2- AMI, Inc. - 274 points
3- Volcano Motorsports - 120 points

Nations Cup:

1- Poland - 410 points
2- South Africa - 274 points
3- Bulgaria - 123 points
4- USA - 120 points
NC- Czech Republic - 0 points
NC- Argentina - 0 points

Indianapolis winner - kuba
GRIIRL MVD (Most valuable driver) - kuba
Most improved driver - ivaneurope(for constantly having good results in the races he competed) /bruno_arnason (for good driving skills in European races)
Shocker of the compo - bruno_arnason gets 2nd place in Germany and finishes in front of ivaneurope