International GeneRally Tournament II [HL] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

International GeneRally Tournament II [HL] [Login]

Post by puttz »

Yes, drivers, it is now time to introduce the second running of the International GeneRally Tournament, presented by NAGRCA! For those of you who are new since the last running, it is a concept based on ROC, except a little different. Instead of racing the same track with different cars, you are racing a spec car on a number of different tracks throughout the rounds. We will begin with a three track Qualifying round in which your best best laps will be added together. This will set the field of 16 drivers for the head-to-head elimination bracket. Each track will be driven for 2 laps, so there is no margin for error. Each round will consist of three tracks, in which your fastest lap is compared to that of the driver you are racing against, and the best time wins that track. The driver who wins at least 2 of the 3 tracks wins the round. The final round will consist of 5 tracks instead, and this will determine the champion of IGRT II. The spec car this season is a new car created specifically for this competition, the Swift JF013. Instead of individual driver colors this season, drivers will drive a car in the colors of their home country. If your home country isn't in the pack, don't worry! Sign up, and I'll add a scheme for your country ASAP.

Main Series Page
Login!

Content Authors (Also contained in the IGRTReadme in the game pack)
Cars by puttz

Track Authors:

Areen:
-Iblize 2011

AeroWiewiur:
-Enoja

Cristiano Bohessef:
-DW Park

Crowella:
-Tibrotney*

Emil the Zig Zag Wanderer
-Ukudurri City

eMeR:
-Slovakia

FRUKIScze/YoNnie:
-Circuit of Thomas Bata

Joint Effort Team:
-Emerald Lagoon
-Potential

Mad Dan
-Tachren MDan (UOTP)

Niko K.:
-The Spaniard

Otto Wilson:
-Alpin Bavara

Sartalas:
-Havanos*

Trigger Happy:
-Moore Belt
-Via Blanca

XYY:
-Minza
-Tubey

XYY/Preetzertrain:
-Rivears International

*Modified checkpoints
Schedule:
Qualifying: 6/9/13-6/16/13 (DW Park, Tachren MDan(UOTP), Ukudurri City)
Race In/Quarterfinals: 6/17/13-6/25/13 (Enoja, Moore Belt, The Spaniard)/(Havanos, Circuit of Thomas Bata, Via Blanca)
Semifinals: 6/26/13-7/2/13 (Alpin Bavara, Minza, Potential)
Finals: 7/3/13-7/9/13 (Emerald Lagoon, Iblize 2011, Rivears International, Tibrotney, Tubey)

When you sign up, you will receive your login info via email. If you have raced in a prior NAGRCA compo, your login info will remain the same. Sign-ups will be open through the last day of qualifying. After that, no new signups will be accepted because the bracket will have been set at that point.

When you login, you will receive a zip with the tracks for that round in it. Extract these to the tracks folder of GR, select your driver and the tracks, and run the races. After each track, be sure to make a save and take a screenshot using f11. For the save, please use your nickname and the code of the track, which will be in the name of the track downloaded track (for example, a track might be named Q1_DWPark, so the save name would be puttzQ1). Once you have run all the races, pack all of the track files, screenshots, and saves into a zipped (.rar, .7z, .zip) folder with your nickname as the name (e.g. puttz.zip). Then send the zipped files in an email to puttzracer(at)gmail(dot)com with a title including your nickname and IGRT in the subject.

For those of you who raced last season, there are a few rule changes, most notably to the infamous cutting rule of last season. This has been changed to be inline with my other compos (to avoid the controversies of last season): if the checkpoints allow, it is legal, with a couple of exceptions noted in rule 5a. Check out the full rules here.

So, does this sound good to you? If so, just sign up below with the following information: nickname, country, secondary car color in 000/000/000 format (this will be the color of your driver's helmet, primary color doesn't really matter for this compo) and an email address to send login information to. Don't forget to download the official compo zips in this post, one is the base game with proper settings, the other contains all of training tracks you will need.

Good luck to all drivers, I hope you enjoy this different kind of competition. :bg:

Entry List
boblopette (ITA)
bruno_arnason (ZAF)
Buka (UKR)
FRUKIScze (CZE)
Harryson (BRA)
Kuba (POL)
Marcinho (POL)
puttz (USA)
Rafael (BRA)
XYY (GER)
Attachments
IGRT Tracks.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
IGRT II.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 240 times
Last edited by puttz on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 15 times in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
FRUKIScze

Re: International GeneRally Tournament II [HL] [Login]

Post by FRUKIScze »

- FRUKIScze
- CZE
- 175/255/000
- frukiscze@centrum.cz

Will be this tournament counted for GWR? If yes, what about teams?
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
puttz

Post by puttz »

It will count for GWR, but there will be no teams this season. There's really no point in having teams in this kind of format, that's why I don't have teams this season unlike the last season.

-puttz
-USA
-255/145/000
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

- kuba
- POL
- 63-191-63
- kuba.generally@gmail.com

BTW are you planning 3rd season of V8SC?
puttz

Post by puttz »

kuba wrote:
BTW are you planning 3rd season of V8SC?
Yes, that will be coming this December :bg: I'm cooking something new up for later this Summer after IGRT, not entirely sure what it will be at the moment.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

Rafael
BRA
235-000-000
midnightmaestro :) hotmail.com
harryss

Post by harryss »

-Harryson
-BRA
-255-245-000
-harrysonferrari@hotmail.com
Buka

Post by Buka »

- Buka
- UKR
- 0-0-0;
- avodianyi@gmail.com
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

- Marcinho
- POL
- 255/255/000
- marcin921211@gmail.com
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login info has been sent via email. Please check that you received it and PM me if you have not.
Those of you waiting to sign up, go ahead! The more drivers we get, the better and fiercer the competition will be :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

That's really silly, if I would make it into the finals (like last season), I couldn't participate in them. :doh: Can't you get rid of round 1, as it seems that we're less than 16 (at least I don't expect so many to join anymore) I think there's really no point in having another round. So the first round could be 1/8 finals (max. 16 racers), the second would be quarterfinals and so on...
I'll probably join anyway but this is of course stupid. :vsad:
Of course it's your choice, that's just an idea how you would make me join... :P
puttz

Post by puttz »

XYY wrote:That's really silly, if I would make it into the finals (like last season), I couldn't participate in them. :doh: Can't you get rid of round 1, as it seems that we're less than 16 (at least I don't expect so many to join anymore) I think there's really no point in having another round. So the first round could be 1/8 finals (max. 16 racers), the second would be quarterfinals and so on...
I'll probably join anyway but this is of course stupid. :vsad:
Of course it's your choice, that's just an idea how you would make me join... :P
If not enough drivers sign up, I'll be reducing the number of rounds. However, there's still a couple weeks until qualifying starts, so there's plenty of time for more to sign up. Seems like sometimes people come out of the woodwork when they see an interesting compo. I'm also planning on sending some invites sometime next week to try and get a few more people. And if you (or some other driver) wouldn't be able to make finals, I can always extend the deadline.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

- bruno_arnason
- RSA (GRIIRL country rule, pls... and to count for rookie of the year (see my signature))
- 133/0/133
- bruno_arnason@hotmail.com
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

puttz wrote:And if you (or some other driver) wouldn't be able to make finals, I can always extend the deadline.
The problem is that the finals are in the first of my two weeks vacation in the USA... ;) I don't think you would want to wait two more weeks... But we'll see how many entrants there are.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Ok, now I feel ready to join up:
XYY
GER
255-200-0
mail you know
;)
puttz

Post by puttz »

There is a slight change to the schedule due to lack of entries: instead of a first round, there will now be a "race in" round for those who qualify lowest that will run at the same time as the quarterfinal round, so the drivers who must "race in" (as of right now, the 8 and 9 qualifiers will be the only ones who have to do this) will run 6 tracks instead of 3, and will have double login time. In the first three tracks (which were originally going to be the first round), they will race against the other "race in" driver, and whoever comes out the winner of that will go on to face the top seeded racer.

Login is now also open, good luck to all! Remember, it's not too late to sign up until qualifying is over. :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

So will we get now 6 tracks in the login (DW Park, MD Tachren, Ukudurri, Enjoya, The Spaniard) and have time until June 23rd or did I get somethign wrong? :?
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

My login is good??
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
puttz

Post by puttz »

XYY, right now it is qualifying, it remains the same as the original. Next week, only the last two qualifiers have to race 6 tracks. All the rest only race 3, the ones that originally were going to be in round 2. It's kind of like running two rounds at once for those two drivers.

@Marcinho, got it.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Deadline for qualifying will be extended until Tuesday at 11:59 pm GMT.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

The Race-in will not be required, as only 7 drivers ran qualifying races. Since we are now in the quarterfinals, the tracks will be those originally slated for Round 2 (Havanos*, Circuit of Thomas Bata, Via Blanca). The tracks from round 1 will not be used. The bracket and Qualifying results as well as replays are now posted, the first seeded driver does not have to race this round. Login is open for quarterfinals. Good luck :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Not bad

But I believe you are being too harsh about the time to submit files. Time should be increased. Just saying, because I remember I did everything on a hurry. You made many advices to me about GRIIRL, and now it's my turn. And you also told me about time constraints. Now it's my time to ask this: what if someone's internet fails during the race? Or maybe, what if the internet is slow? Should think about it.

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
puttz

Post by puttz »

7 minutes is actually an increase from last season, which was 5 minutes. 7 minutes is fine in my opinion, as it does follow my rule of race plus 5 minutes. Think about it. You spent about 2 minutes racing, leaving you 5 minutes to submit files in. Several drivers were able to submit in less than 5 minutes, one of them even with renaming the screens.

Aside, here's a couple of tips to speed up the login process. Before logging in, open an email window and prepare an email with everything filled out. That way you can just drop the zip into the email, and presto. It is sent. And, what I do to make zips, I copy all of the tracks and saves into the screens folder, and zip them along with the screens by selecting them all, right clicking, and selecting the option to zip them.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Whatever, then. But I still believe that 8~10 minutes would be better. But, still, I agree with you.

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Especially with short races like these it would be easily possible to race twice or even three times with a longer login time. ;)
Apart from this, all about login time has been said :sherlock:

Btw, I'm more than pleased about my results despite my bad race at DW park :bsmile: