Endurance Series 2013 [Race] - FINISHED!!!

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Gzehoo

Endurance Series 2013 [Race] - FINISHED!!!

Post by Gzehoo »

Some people can know me from my competition called Grand Tour Trophy. But today, I decided to open my next competition called...
Endurance Series 2013

Website
Login
GRChA blog
Official calendar:
[code]Endurance Series 2013 calendar is a little bit based on FIA WEC 2013 calendar.

Distance is always time + 2 laps

Test
Laguna Seca 4h 1st September 10 min (distance in game)

1. Sebring 12h 8th September 30 min
2. Silverstone 6h 15th September 15 min
3. Spa 6h 22nd September 15 min
4. Le Mans 24h 6th October 60 min
5. Interlagos 6h 13th October 15 min
6. Fuji 6h 20th October 15 min
7. Shanghai 6h 27th October 15 min
8. Sakhir 6h 3rd November 15 min
9. Nurburgring 24h 17th November 60 min[/code]
Main Settings:
Distance: depends on each race
Tyre Wear: 10%
Fuel Consumption: 10%
Fuel Mass: 100kg
Damage: 20%
You have to drive with BOT player from pack!

You can join now this competition. To sign up please write in this topic or PW:
-Nickname
-Nationality
-Starting Number (#4-#999, numbers #0-#3 are not available)
-Car
-Team

There will be used LMP1 2013 cars by Marcinho so there are 4 available cars (Audi, Toyota, HPD and Lola).

And very important - every race will be without driver switching!

Driver List:
[code] No. Driver Nat. Car Team

8. Kuba POL Audi Destiny Racing
11. ivaneurope BLG Toyota Team [R]GARAGE w Toyota
16. FRUKIScze CZE Lola CZRT
18. Sartalas POL Audi TBA
23. Trigger Happy CZE Toyota Lambda Motosports
27. Alonso CRO Toyota Croatia Racing Team
38. Szmajli HUN Audi rallysimfans.hu
48. boblopette ITA Audi Destiny Racing
52. Buka UKR Lola CZRT
60. XYY GER Lola planetgenerally.de
64. Rendy IDN Toyota Team [R]GARAGE w Toyota
69. SGroe AUT Lola planetgenerally.de
77. Bird GER Audi rallysimfans.hu
92. Gzehoo POL Toyota Lambda Motosports
95. Qwerz POL Audi 4Fun Racing
666. Marcinho POL Audi 4Fun Racing[/code]
Point system.

There will be two clasifications for every race: drivers and teams.
Drivers point system: 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 (TOP12)
For one team there will be 2 drivers so team will be classified when both drivers finish the race. There won't be the same point system for teams as in other compo (e.g. 25+18 points for two drivers in 1st and 2nd position) but best team from every race will get 25 points for team standings, 2nd best team 18 points, 3rd team 15 points etc.

Official pack for Endurance Series 2013
Endurance-2013.zip
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 285 times
If you have any other questions, please write.
Last edited by Gzehoo on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 70 times in total.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
puttz

Re: Endurance Series 2013 - Discussion Topic

Post by puttz »

My vote would be for no qualifying, have everyone start the race in the same grid position. Driver skill will already cause a big difference in race results, particularly the longer races, adding grid positions will just increase this difference imo. Also, qualifying can make it harder for some people to race beacause now they must make two runs a week instead of just one, and there are only a couple of days for the race. My vote is for double time. It is endurance racing, after all. A 6 minute race is not really endurance. Also, for LeMans, why the Bugatti Circuit? I'd like to see the circuit used in the actual 24 hours for that round.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Marchino makes the 2013 LMP1 and LMP2 cars
or we can use his 2012 pack http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... &hilit=LMP
maybe with the same physics to each car, in their category.

But this depends on you! :)
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

1. calendar - I like it, but why LeMans is on Buggati Circuit? Milton Du Pont made good one. And on which track will be held 24hours of Nurburgring?

2. cars - I must agree with Szmajli. Marcinho's pack is great. But you should make LMP and LMGT instead of LMP1 and LMP2.

3. Distance - 2.5 is best one. I made my own home tournament with Friends and we had 10* And we drive 2,4hours of LeMans.

4. Login system - of course!

5. Qualifying - No.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

First of all, Gzehoo, I'd advise you to start the competition only in September, as many of us would be on holiday, and it would be easier for several people to race with starting at ~ mid-September.

The calendar seems to be allright for me, just two ideas: Le Mans MUST be raced on Sarthe circuit, no matter that track proportions are partially wrong on any of those versions. In your place I'd race on MdP's Sarthe, as you may use any tracks in competition, if you include original authors and you're using it without any modification, and that track is a great reproduction of the original one. And I guess Fuji would also be OK instead of Suzuka.

About race length: since we're talking about endurance races, I guess the one hour to one minute, the one hour to two minutes conversion could be considered as too few, even as previously we've raced Le Mans with six times 100 km stints, with 2-3 drivers in each team (with 4 hours of race in sum!). Since it is an important part for me to have switch drivers, I'd think about a five times multiplier, but then two drivers have to race in an event, thus makes 24 hour race 120 minutes long, which is in my opinion a fair compromise, and even 6 hour races would last for a half hour, and they would not end so quickly. Although in that case you would need to simplify the calendar to 2-4 events, but fortunately that dilemma will not be decided by me. :D

Main thing is, that I'd think about a 5x multiplier, with splitting the race to two parts (and two drivers).
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

I will fix LMP1 2013 and you can use this cars.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Herbal wrote:First of all, Gzehoo, I'd advise you to start the competition only in September, as many of us would be on holiday, and it would be easier for several people to race with starting at ~ mid-September(...)
In this case I wanted to say that competition will start probably at 1st September, but I don't want to start it in August.
Marcinho wrote:I will fix LMP1 2013 and you can use this cars.
OK, thanks ;) So there won't be creating own cars, probably only creating own teams with using any car.

And one more thing - no Qualifyings, only Race.
Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

1 - Suzuka 8h, Sebring/Road Atlanta Petit Le Mans, Spa 1000km, Nordschleife 24h, and Le Mans Sarthe 24h (Bugatti is the name given to its shorter track), take note they're in random order

2 - LMPs and GTs categories please, but there has to be an option that allows a competitor to make own car, just like JTarJ's LM compo

3 - I'm actually thinking about it too. I'd go for 24 hours = 2 hour but that might be too long for you guys, so I chose where available; 60mins.

4 - Login!

5 - To determine race positions, yes, but for a short period of time
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Ok. Fixed:

- Rebellion: add "shark fin" and change gold color (110 --> 188)
- All LMP1: change color "side mirror" (look screen)

EDIT: If you want 0-4 painted, write me - I will make.
Attachments
WEC_for_Gzehoo.rar
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
example.png
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

What would you say about this Le Mans?
Lambda Motosports

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

The track? I think it's not very suitable because it's a bit narrow for such long races and the chicanes can be taken flat out... ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Most of the calendar doubles with F1, not really interesting (Shanghai, Sakhir ...), I agree with Rendy, rather 2 races in North America. :) Also race bellow 30 minutes (in real time gameplay) is moderate or max. long, but isn't ''endurance'' for me. :D I'd say 12h a 45 min. stint, 24h 2x 45 min. stint, 8h 30 min. stint.

Agree with others, qualifying just wasting of time.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

First post updated with that:

5. Point system.

There will be two clasifications for every race: drivers and teams.
Drivers point system: 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 (TOP12)
For one team there will be 2 drivers so team will be classified when both drivers finish the race. There won't be the same point system for teams as in other compo (e.g. 25+18 points for two drivers in 1st and 2nd position) but best team from every race will get 25 points for team standings, 2nd best team 18 points, 3rd team 15 points etc.
Lambda Motosports

ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

LMP1 only will be lost the true sense of the WEC. My pan was to field 2 LMP1 and 1 LMP2 cars.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If all will drive LMP1, the mood still may be done - by AIs, 1 other with LMP1, 2 LMP2 and 2 GTs. Remember mplume's 12h of Lombon? ;)
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Well, I probably didn't say it but in my Endurance there won't be driver switching during the race but team race time is a sum of both drivers race time.
Lambda Motosports

ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

The LMP1 only series and no driver change may make me quit, because my plan was to have 2 Elite drivers in 2 LMP1 cars and myself in a LMP2 car. Look at PGRF1 - no one wanted to be my teammate and my poor pefromance demotivates me
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Le Mans should be on Sarthe and it definitely should include two or three driver teams, otherwise it's not as it should be. I'd say something like at least 2x45 min or even better, 3x45 min for that.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

TuomoH wrote:Le Mans should be on Sarthe and it definitely should include two or three driver teams, otherwise it's not as it should be. I'd say something like at least 2x45 min or even better, 3x45 min for that.
Agreed with this. There have to be two/three drivers in a car, but the only thing is what would it be if you have two human drivers and an AI? Plus, once again, it's LMPs and GTs in LM; even though GTs are slow but they add color to the LM.

About the race though, there needs to be stints with supporting palettes, which means we race with normal then sunset and then night through daybreak and finally normal again. Since we are to do 24h, it means the race durations, respectively, are 4h + 3h + 8h + 3h + 6h... Just my opinion actually

The cars; it's confirmed that there won't be driver-made creations, right? I have several suggestions if you want, but since I'm on mobile, I'll let that later...
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
puttz

Post by puttz »

Gzehoo wrote:Well, I probably didn't say it but in my Endurance there won't be driver switching during the race but team race time is a sum of both drivers race time.
Don't do a round with team races. Keep them as individual. I tried this in my V8 Spuercar series for Bathurst, making that the only race in the season with teams of two drivers, and it didn't work too well :vsad: And I also like the own cars idea, I hope you will keep that. It adds a bit of variety to the series, with each team running it's own type of car, rather than a bunch of clones of the 2 or 3 real LMP1 cars that exist at the moment. If you want to keep it simple, make all cars have the same physics, or you could come up with some way that team bosses can edit the physics of their car at the start of the season by using some kind of money/point system.
Also, @everyone, I don't think Gzehoo's original intention was to make this a team series, or the LeMans race to be a GR version of the actual 24 hours of LeMans, so stop trying to make him turn it into that. I personally think that there aren't enough good drivers to warrant such a race format. You'd probably end up with about 3 teams of drivers, and that's not very fun. I for one would not want to race in such a format due to my normally poor performance in races. Keep it individual, and the number of entries will likely be higher.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

@Rendy, yes, cars are confirmed. There will be 4 cars (Toyota, Audi, Lola-Toyota and HPD-Honda) for painting in-game.

And It's not that I'm angry, but...

Are you sure about GT category? Because I'm not sure if there will be some people who want to start in GT category because GTs are worse than LMPs and all people will probably go to LMP1 because LMPs are better. Anyway, I created Grand Tour Trophy with GT Cars and I don't want to use the same type of cars for two random compos. So for the 1st (and probably last) season of Endurance Series there will be only LMP1 category. And I'm against 3 drivers per team because I'm not in 100% sure if there will be at least 5 teams with 3 drivers.

Yes, I know you can think that I probably want to make this compo without reading your posts, but it's just that I'm not sure about all things. At this moment there is discussion topic. And I'm a little bit afraid that Season 2013 is the first and last season of this compo.
Lambda Motosports

ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

We have only 4 LMP1 cars - too few for a competition from this level. Why not adding Pescarolo 03 and Dome from Marcinho(if the physics are the same) as extra cars?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

4 cars are more than OK, at least 1 is always enough.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

puttz wrote:
Gzehoo wrote:Well, I probably didn't say it but in my Endurance there won't be driver switching during the race but team race time is a sum of both drivers race time.
Don't do a round with team races. Keep them as individual. I tried this in my V8 Spuercar series for Bathurst, making that the only race in the season with teams of two drivers, and it didn't work too well :vsad: And I also like the own cars idea, I hope you will keep that. It adds a bit of variety to the series, with each team running it's own type of car, rather than a bunch of clones of the 2 or 3 real LMP1 cars that exist at the moment. If you want to keep it simple, make all cars have the same physics, or you could come up with some way that team bosses can edit the physics of their car at the start of the season by using some kind of money/point system.
Also, @everyone, I don't think Gzehoo's original intention was to make this a team series, or the LeMans race to be a GR version of the actual 24 hours of LeMans, so stop trying to make him turn it into that. I personally think that there aren't enough good drivers to warrant such a race format. You'd probably end up with about 3 teams of drivers, and that's not very fun. I for one would not want to race in such a format due to my normally poor performance in races. Keep it individual, and the number of entries will likely be higher.
The rules for creation can be harsh and inaccurate, because some will interpret the rules differently. Also many players avoid compos that require creating a car. That's why I proposed expansion to 6 availlable cars.
puttz

Post by puttz »

ivaneurope wrote:
puttz wrote:
The rules for creation can be harsh and inaccurate, because some will interpret the rules differently. Also many players avoid compos that require creating a car. That's why I proposed expansion to 6 availlable cars.
There could also be a few pre-made cars that player could choose from if they don't want to create their own, or they could even choose from the cars that others have created.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff