GR Touring Car World Cup [Login] [Race] [Hotlap]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: GR Touring Car World Cup [Login] [Race] [Hotlap]

Post by Lukeno94 »

A little under 9 hours left. Don't forget to run! :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

So, it's time to release the results!
If you want to listen to me commentating on the results, go here. Replays are online here.. The commentary will probably go up tomorrow, as I don't feel like doing it right now. :)

Round 3: Race of Spain race
Race start: 15th September, 9 am UK time
Deadline: 21st September, 23:59 UK time. Can be negotiated to being a bit later if required.

If you need to double-check the rules, please do so, but I will remind you that this is a 12 km session, with 5 AI, and you have your race time, plus 5 minutes, to submit your session. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the Team's carpack, else you may risk disqualification by not using your car from within that. If there is a website issue at any time, leave it for 5 minutes, and try again.

If you qualified in the top 5, you must start the race from your grid position. If you finished sixth or below, you must start from sixth. :)

LOGIN
Last edited by Lukeno94 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Lukeno94 wrote:I will remind you that this is a 12 km session, with no AI
R U sure?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Thanks for being more attentive than me - fixed! :)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

The commentary? Where is it???
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
puttz

Post by puttz »

[quote=Lukeno94] The commentary will probably go up tomorrow, as I don't feel like doing it right now.

[/quote]
*cough*
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

The commentary should be online in about 15-20 minutes time :)
Bird

Post by Bird »

Someone asked for championship standings, so I calculated them without knowing, which had been the PowerRace of each driver.

UNOFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER 2 RACES:

1. Alonso 63
2. Scaramanga 50
3. Hedo 33
4. Krisu 20
5. Kuba 20
6. Senna 15
7. XYY 14
8. Boblopette 12
9. Jim451 6
10. Buka 6
11. Rendy 5
12. Lukeno94 4
(the rest has 1 or 2 points)

Will the DNF races of Senna and me count also one point? (if yes, Senna has 16 points)
And what's with the drivers, who only competed in qualifing?
Supporter of Windows 98
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

DNF races count as points, yes. If you qualify but don't race, you don't get any points. :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

5 times so far - a little over 38 hours remain!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Can I make my race late night (like last time)? two or three hours should be more than enough extra time :)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Aaahh... I hate my run! Sure it's fast in terms of lining, speed, braking and stuff but at the last lap... :weep:

Well, consider it a racer's first world problem...

Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Yes, XYY, you can :) 15 hours left for everyone else, unless anyone needs the extra time!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

OK. It may take me a little longer than usual to sort the results, but they'll be out by the end of tomorrow at the very latest!

Round 4: Race of Taiwan race
Race start: 22nd September, 9 am UK time
Deadline: 28th September, 23:59 UK time. Can be negotiated to being a bit later if required.

If you need to double-check the rules, please do so, but I will remind you that this is a 12 km session, with 5 AI, and you have your race time, plus 5 minutes, to submit your session. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the Team's carpack, else you may risk disqualification by not using your car from within that. If there is a website issue at any time, leave it for 5 minutes, and try again.

Everyone must start from first here. :)

LOGIN

Note that it may be quite a while before the results for the Race of Taiwan come out; I'm going to University on the 29th, and may not have time to sort everything for a few days. :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

So, it's time to release the results!
If you want to listen to me commentating on the results, go here. Replays are online here.. The commentary will probably go up tomorrow, as I don't feel like doing it right now. :)
NathnnW

Post by NathnnW »

So surprised with my result! Appalling run haha
Bird

Post by Bird »

This was very important for me to finish here in the Top-10, because this was my PowerRace! I'm very happy with the result, but the gap to the other drivers is still too big.

UNOFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER 3 RACES:
1. Alonso 96
2. Hedo 58
3. Scaramanga 55
4. Kuba 35
5. Boblopette 32
6. XYY 24
7. Senna 22
8. Krisu 20
9. Rendy 8
10. Jim451 6
10. Buka 6
12. Lukeno94 5
13. Bird 4
13. NathanW 4
15. Puttz 3
15. Ivaneurope 3
17. Sartalas 2
17. Haruna 2
17. Marcinho 2
20. Szmajli 1
Supporter of Windows 98
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

No surprise, Race of Spain isn't my strong point, and I usually hit a sunk tires or two there... :lol:

Surprise though is when [R]GARAGE completes the Top 10! :D

Bird

GR Touring Car World Cup [Login] [Race] [Hotlap]

Post by Bird »

AAAAHHHHH!!!!! This damm Taiwan track nearly costed the life of my headset, which is now lying behind my laptop and not on the place, where it is supposed to be (on my head). And I was so stupid, to recommend using the Taiwan track? Awesome. This track has the worst AI line I have ever seen! And the pitstop limiters fail when I was going to the pits! Well the bumpy track surface is nice and challenging, but after flying off the track twice in two laps in the login run, I raged my headset away ... that was a big kind of screwed race.
Supporter of Windows 98
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

The pit limiter worked fine in my test, so I can only apologize that it didn't for you. Yes, the AI line isn't great, but that's simply to stop the cars crashing everywhere on the bumps! It'll be interesting to see if the unique nature of the track changes the front of the pack though :)

EDIT: Where's the issue with the pit limiter? I've watched your race through, and I can't see any occasion where it hindered you. You shouldn't be jumping the sunk tyres to leave the pit, as that would cause a problem, but every time you've left, I see you going full speed.

Merged double reply from Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:07 pm:

The pit limiter worked fine in my test, so I can only apologize that it didn't for you. Yes, the AI line isn't great, but that's simply to stop the cars crashing everywhere on the bumps! It'll be interesting to see if the unique nature of the track changes the front of the pack though :)
Bird

Post by Bird »

I didn't had the big problems with the pit limiter in my login run. But nevertheless it didn't worked as it should work, as I ran over the sunk tyres. But then I had to be very precise how to leave the pits. If I would go the normal pit exit, that would have turned on the pit speed limiter, which would then remain for the race.
But I also experienced in my training runs if you run too wide in the last corner, you may activate the pit speed limiter.
But hey, if 10 other drivers do this right, I won't complain anymore. Promise
Supporter of Windows 98
NathnnW

Post by NathnnW »

Ive run into a problem with the pit lan limiter aswell while practising.

When coming out of the last corner if you drift wide into the pitlane then the limiter comes on but when you hop out of the pitlane it never comes off, meaning your stuck into the limiter all the way around the track.

I realise this is mostly a drier error but just thought i should point it out so people know.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, there's a good reason for that, Bird; you're not supposed to exit the pitlane by hopping over the sunk tyres! I'd also caution people to be careful in turn 1, as that's where the checkpoints can be a bit mean. But even I, whilst exhausted last night after 5-a-side football, managed to get a half-decent test run, with all the AI (107.68 km/h I think it was.)
puttz

Post by puttz »

I have to say, I still don't think that Taiwan was a good choice for this compo. Surely you had other tracks you could have picked from? The AI line caused havoc, the pits made things even messier, and the location of at least one checkpoint was infuriating (the right-hander in the top right corner over the crest of the hill. The AI pushed me a little to the inside causing me to jump the sunk tire, but that cost me a lap.) Other than that, I very much enjoyed this compo :bg: Thanks for hosting!
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I think I did have another track of mine I could've used, but I didn't remember that I'd done it until after the compo had started. Not a problem, and I'm glad you enjoyed the compo! :)