Grand Prix Legends [login] [race]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Grand Prix Legends [login] [race]

Post by Herbal »

XYY wrote:Apparently I still have to improve my driving if I want to score more points ;)
Yeah, similar thoughts here, I have currently the best nothing... :ouch: Maybe at Aprés l'Eau luck will change.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
nixxo

Post by nixxo »

i've improved by one position. I'm verry happy about it, congrats to all.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Deadline for round 3 has been extended until Sunday the 27th at 11:59 pm GMT. Login for round 4 will start on Monday.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Just did my race, this track really is terrible. Too many chickanes, not so much fun.
nixxo

Post by nixxo »

Just raced. Terrible time for me... 7 sec slower than practice :weep: .
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results will probably be delayed until at least Tuesday.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Well, I had what felt like a half decent run going, and then not one, but TWICE, I hit the sunk tire in the chicane at the bottom of the track and flew over into the houses, and had to drive all the way back up to the little access road to get back. Horrible run.

By the way, don't forget to race! You still have a bit over a day to do it in.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Veery bad race (less than 100 kph). I was expecting to get at least 105 :( The first stint was quite good, in the second stint I made soo many mistakes (hit the haybales in top right corner three times, wrecked my car twice... ).

Next race will be better :bg:
SGroe

Post by SGroe »

puttz wrote:I hit the sunk tire in the chicane at the bottom of the track and flew over into the houses, and had to drive all the way back up to the little access road to get back.
The same happened to me....
I drove back to the pits and retired.
It is a pity, because I had a good start.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Just did my race, thanks for the extra time. :cool2: I'm quite satisfied with my race even though my second stint was filled with problems with the AI. I love the track though. :)
Murano

Post by Murano »

Loved the track too, very technical one.
"GR was our sole purpose in life", JR Zullo, May 2006.

GWR:
- 2006 & 2007 Timetrial Champion
- 2007 Hotlap Champion
- March'07, June'07, July'07, March'08, May'08 General Winner
- 10 months 1st seeded driver
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login for round 4 is up. I'm a little busy with college stuff at the moment, so I don't know when I'll be able to get results. I will do them as soon as I can.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results are finally in for the Historic Grand Prix of Apres! The winner was way out in front, but it was a close battle for the other two podium spots. The driver's standings have shuffled a little, it looks to be a close race for the title as we head into the second half of the season. Ferrari continues to stranglehold the top of the teams championship however. Head over to the series site to check out replays, results, and standings.

A couple of notes:
For the merged replays, any drivers with penalties were not put into merged replays. That is why the second replay is 7th, 8th, and 10th-13th, as the 9th place Herbal had a penalty.
@Nico, your save appeared to be something from training, it listed the training track as the track used, but also there were no times, so it appeared to have somehow been saved at the beginning of a training session, or it was just corrupted somehow.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

The replay file isn't there for me.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Just de-lurking for several hours, and seeing the results.
:headbang: Without being late I could have finished in points! :/
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
nixxo

Post by nixxo »

puttz wrote: @Nico, your save appeared to be something from training, it listed the training track as the track used, but also there were no times, so it appeared to have somehow been saved at the beginning of a training session, or it was just corrupted somehow.
Holy s**t, have I sent the the wrong savefile?
I guess i was so frustrated by the lousy time that I did't pay much attention while creating the zip file and sent you the training savefile... stupid me.

I'll pay more attention this week.
puttz

Post by puttz »

I seem to be having issues uploading the replay files for this round, I think it may have to do with the size of the file. So, I uploaded a zip that contains only the individual replays, and added a second zip with the merged replays, and that appears to be okay.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Herbal wrote:
:headbang: Without being late I could have finished in points! :/
At least teams score stays unaffected by this trouble. :bsmile: :hide:

Congrats to winners :bg:, it was difficult to keep any regular pace for me here.
puttz

Post by puttz »

This was probably the hardest track on the calendar, congrats to the winner for his very fast pace :bg: I thought it was a good fit to mix it up a little and have a much more technical track in the middle of the calendar, I at least enjoyed the challenge (despite doing miserably), and I hope you all did as well. The next round is probably the simplest track of the season, but it's still a challenge to find that perfect line and enough speed.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Dang. That's the second time in 2 weeks I've accidentally advanced passed the results screen in a compo. Well, DNF for me.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

About 22 hours left in Round 4.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

I couldn't make practice run without few mistakes, and similar in login attempt.
nixxo

Post by nixxo »

just raced... almost perfectly on track to do a 4min and 50sec without any crash or bounce and in the last lap i did 5 errors in a row :doh:
I did the first one and trying to recover it i did another one and so on :down: :down: :down: I basically lost 2 sec or more on the last lap alone.
puttz

Post by puttz »

About 9 hours left.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Round 5 login is posted.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff