Grand Prix Legends [login] [race]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Re: Grand Prix Legends [login] [race]

Post by puttz »

Results will be coming tomorrow.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results are in! The championship seems to be heading towards its inevitable conclusion for champions in both team and driver standings. It'll take a disaster from
Alonso and Ferrari
in order for anyone to overtake them in the standings.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
JHvP

Post by JHvP »

I was so satisfied with my run and again such a disaster result far from points ;-(

And in East London, I forgot to save my race and everything is lost :-((
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

puttz wrote:It'll take a disaster from
Alonso and Ferrari
in order for anyone to overtake them in the standings.
Considering that the leader has only won 1 race out of 4, and there are still 2 races to go with 6 points lead, it wouldn't be a disaster. It would only take 2 wins from a certain someone else. ;)
Not that I'm actually that confident - the Silverstone results were a really nice surprise. :D
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Not that I'm actually that confident - the Silverstone results were a really nice surprise. :D
Btw great drive (especially 2nd stint) :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

JHvP wrote:I was so satisfied with my run and again such a disaster result far from points ;-(
20 secs between 1st and last in finish say no disaster happened here, but lot of decent rides including yours. :bg:

It seems I'm again a sort of lucky loser of the round. :hide:

Congrats to the fastest trio. :up:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I make too much mistakes I guess :D.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Don't forget to race! A little over one day left to submit files for round 5.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Can I maybe make my race 3 hours after deadline? :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sure, no problem. I don't always get the next round's login up immediately, so really, for anyone you can race for the current round until I post the next round's login.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Don't forget to race!
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login for final round is up. Sorry for the delay. Results will come later this week.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

And the results are in! Race commentary is in the spoiler, do not open if you do not yet want to know the end result of the race.
As the season heads into it's final round, it is now a neck and neck battle between two very strong drivers, Alonso and TuomoH. It became a tie after Alonso got a costly late submission penalty which dropped him from 1st to 4th, allowing TuomoH to win and pull even with him in the standings. These two are no strangers to each other, having battled in other series before. Whoever finishes better in the final round will win the championship, as they sit tied atop the points. Also, the team standings look close as well, although a member of team Lotus will likely have to win, but a Scuderia Ferrari driver cannot finish second for them to claim the title. Both championships will likely be decided by which of the two drivers comes out better in the final round. Good luck to them both, this should be fun to watch. Who will win the race and the crown? Or will a third driver come and swipe the race win away? Don't forget to tune in next week to the NAGRCA TV channel on YouTube, which will be broadcasting the Top 6 driver race complete with commentary.
Good luck to all drivers in the final round. This sure will be exciting to watch :bg: It's been a fun season, I hope you all have enjoyed it so far. Don't forget to race in the final round of GP legends! By the way, login will remain open in the final round until I post results (which will likely not be until Monday or Tuesday), so if you miss the deadline, go ahead and login. I'll accept it with no penalty.

Also, @Scaramanga, could you change your helmet color to white or yellow, or some color other than red so that I will be able to distinguish you from Alonso in case you are both in the top 6 in the last race? It would make commentary much easier for me. Same applies to any teammates, please make sure you have different helmet colors for the same reason.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I had thought this was my worst race in season. :-o

And those two on top, that will be really interesting stuff to watch on while eating their dust. :popcorn:
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Aghhh...that's shame.I just couldn't upload the files(don't know what happened there).I tried several times and finally after 6th or 7th try I succeeded.But what can you do right?This is also a part of a game.Anyway congrats to the top trio :bg:
Looking forward to the grand-finale.(hopefully without uploading issues) :worried:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Alonso wrote:Aghhh...that's shame.I just couldn't upload the files(don't know what happened there).I tried several times and finally after 6th or 7th try I succeeded.
Yeah, I figured you must have had some sort of upload issue, and I hated to give that penalty. But rules are rules, unfortunately. Hoping for a clean, penalty free round this time from both contenders :)
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

That's a pity about Alonso's late but at least we're getting a thrilling season finale! I just made my race and despite some slight problems I'm quite satisfied. :) Funny that even though I again raced with as little training as before and just for fun, knowing the standings made me way more nervous during the race than any other race this season. :D It remains to be seen if it's enough. Good luck to your race, Alonso. :shaking:

Thanks for the very fun season, hopefully we'll get season 2. :cool2:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Wow, I still scored a point :D Attack in the last race!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I can't login to the server (server could not be found). What should I do now? :(

If I can't make my race now, I'm afraid I can't do it within the deadline (ok maybe on tuesday), but then I would need to be sure I have the entire tuesday.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Oh dear, looks like my server has gone down at the moment. I can extend the deadline if there are people that cannot make their race in time, XYY you'll be fine to do it on Tuesday, I wasn't going to be able to do results stuff until that afternoon/evening (US EST), so I'm sure you'd be done by then since you are in Germany. :bg:
I will keep checking and post here when the server is back up.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
boblopette

Post by boblopette »

puttz, I have the same problem as XYY: I couldn't make the race yesterday, so now I can't do it until monday. Is it ok anyway? :shy:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Server is back up. Due to the server being down, I am extending the deadline until Wednesday, November 20th at 11:59 pm GMT.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Don't forget! A little over 24 hours left to send in your race!
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

9 hours left to submit your races!
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Less than 3 hours remain, I've got 9 files so far.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff