NAGRCA V8 Supercars S3 [timetrial] [race] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: NAGRCA V8 Supercars S3 [timetrial] [race] [login]

Post by Haruna »

Wow, horribad results for me.

Guess I'll withdraw my entry for the rest of the season, best of luck to you all.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
SpeedyGonzales

Post by SpeedyGonzales »

Hi I am new here :)
name: S. Gonzales
team: privateer
manufacture: Holden
number: 53
nationality: Mexico
email address: speedygonzales530@gmail.com
colors: 0,0,0/0,255,0
Fastest mouse from Mexico
(I am not real from Mexico but i like Mexico so I drive for it) :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

A little under 24 hours remain for Bathurst.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
kuba

Post by kuba »

Race done.

Practising was boring, but then I logged in... It was as much exciting as exhausting. I'm happy with my performance, no damage taken, I hope my strategy wasn't bad.

Puttz, can we compare this Bathurst to the one from 1st season? Are the cars and track the same?
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Made my race, and I damaged my car twice or three times - luckily before I was going to pit anyway. Horrible pit strategy at the end, I had to refuel for the final lap... :weep: Let's hope it was not too bad.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results for Bathurst may be a little delayed. This week is going to be rather hectic for me. Also apologies on not getting a video of the last rounds up, things haven't been working out for me to get to do that. I am hoping to get something up at some point, no promises, though :sorry:

Edit: New login is up now. Do not forget to reset your race length to 10km.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Bathurst results are up! Congratulations to the winner :winner: Unfortunately, there is no merged replay because the replay merger crashes whenever I try to merge replays. I suspect it has either to do with file size or the large time gap between the drivers.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

That is really insane, Alonso is like one minute faster than me, and I'm still rather happy about my position... :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@puttz: maybe at least unmerged replays? It might be useful to learn something. :cool:

@XYY: Not insane, phenomenal for sure. :up: I'm very surprised by my result too :bsmile: , I was very slow for most of time, then scored only few decent laps in 2nd half of race but also I screwed up the downhill section in penultimate stint and lost more than 15 secs overall, I thought I lost even the last hope to keep pace with at least the middle of field. :frying pan:

@Kuba: I agree about the race, practices, depends on chosen way. For endurance events I never do full ride, it costs too much energy and concentration, which I'd lack in login. So only once-twice 2-3 stint ride (to determine strategy) and since then only one stint practices, so never bored I was. :scratch:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Ivo, there are unmerged replays on the results page of the NAGRCA site.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks. :bg: Surprisingly the merging worked for me, it took a while (40 secs? And the reader really looked like frozen), but then it merged it (about 3,5MB replay). :scratch:
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

What can I say, I really love this track :yummy:
Downhill chicane section is one of my favorite.You must be surgical precise every time for 70 laps. ;)
Regarding training I had the same strategy as Ivo mentioned :bg:
See ya in Barbagallo and Winton (the start here will be crucial) :goodvibes:
puttz

Post by puttz »

About 12 hours left to submit your files.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Lee

Post by Lee »

I drive my races.
I can say that i am very satisfied with my performance.
On Barbagallo i run even better than my best practice run :D
If you want to win, you must not lose!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

In my case both rides could be way better, especially Barbagallo. :shake3:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login for the final 2 rounds is now posted. I will hopefully get results up sometime tomorrow.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results are now up! I have also (finally) uploaded a mid-season review video (Rounds 1-5), and also commentary videos for rounds 6 and 7. They can be found on the main page of the V8SC3 site (the link in the first post will take you directly to it). Good luck in the last 2 rounds, everyone.

Please be sure to give me some feedback on the series. I like criticism, as long as it's constructive. :bg: Let me know what you liked, what you didn't like, if you want me to keep the 2 rounds in one login format, and also which tracks you'd like to see return as well as suggestions for new ones. Any other additional thought/suggestions/criticisms are welcome, too. I intend to run this again next December/January, for those of you who would like to know. This will likely be my last series until Summer (an attempt at a management compo will likely be my next venture), I'm going to be very busy this coming semester at university.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
JHvP

Post by JHvP »

Thanks, these videos are really great :-) I really like these series, 2 rounds in one login are OK :-)
Lee

Post by Lee »

I enjoying in this compo and in my results .
Its great competiton ,only its not good is battle for title because Alonso driving fenomenal.
For my opinion nothing need to change for next season except put some new tracks.
(Can you put merged replay to download please)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Lee, the merged replays are included in the replay zip download on the results page. This is the case with every round, so that everyone knows :bsmile:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Lee

Post by Lee »

I downloaded pack but there is only single replays of drivers?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Horrible run in Homebush, got pushed off the chicane and didn't have my lap counted. I think my Eastern Creek run was alright, but probably still my usual finishing position :D
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Can we really cut as much as we want? I see myself driving almost on the pit exit (would that count as an access road?) when I make the first corner, so how much cutting is allowed? :)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Try to keep it on the tarmac/clip the kerb of the first turn. The spirit of the rule/placement of checkpoints is to have drivers drive a mostly realistic/believable line, so I would say getting all the way onto the dirt is against the spirit of the rule here. Getting onto the pit exit would be a violation of the pit cutting rule. Unfortunately, this is something I'll have to police by hand, since obviously I can't put in a check point to limit where you can go. Perhaps next season I will ask permission to add some sunk tires in that area to dissuade people from cutting too far.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

So how many wheels exactly should stay on the tarmac/kerb? I ask this because you can actually save some time there if you drive like I said, but of course I don't want to violate the rules. ;) And at all the other places I can go as far on the inside as the sunktyres allow it, right? :)

Ah yeah, my calender suggestion for the next season:
Going for a nine track calendar here :)
Oran Park (in memoriam) Timetrial
Adelaide Race
Symmons Plain Timetrial
Pukekohe Race
Bathurst Race/Timetrial?
Phillip Island Timetrial
Gold Coast Race
Sandown Timetrial
Homebush Race