NAGRCA V8 Supercars S3 [timetrial] [race] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Re: NAGRCA V8 Supercars S3 [timetrial] [race] [login]

Post by puttz »

XYY wrote:So how many wheels exactly should stay on the tarmac/kerb? I ask this because you can actually save some time there if you drive like I said, but of course I don't want to violate the rules. ;) And at all the other places I can go as far on the inside as the sunktyres allow it, right? :)
I'll say you should try to keep the whole car on the tarmac/kerb. I won't be absolutely strict on this, but don't intentionally go beyond that, I know it's possible to accidentally every few laps go inside of a limit, and that would be okay. For every other corner, yes, that is correct.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
JHvP

Post by JHvP »

puttz wrote:Horrible run in Homebush, got pushed off the chicane and didn't have my lap counted.
This is I think big weakness of these tracks, it is so easy to miss checkpoint. I had this problem i Bathurst and Townsville and I very afraid of repeating it in Homebush. I would appreciate if there was more bumps/soft walls instead of checkpoints in order to prevent cutting chicanes.
JHvP

Post by JHvP »

The chicane in Homebush was really tough. Aggresive approach is 1-2 s per lap faster, but risk of missing it is high. Once I was sure I missed it, so I returned and lost 7 seconds. What a pity, I had a solid race (despite collision and big loss at first lap). Eastern Creek was quite OK, I like this track, but next time I would rather do it as race instead of TT :-)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I just made one of the worst races in my entire racing career of GR :D I missed one lap at Homebush, and lost another 15 seconds or so when I was pushed over the wall once. My Eastern Creek TT wasn't much better.
I guess it wouldn't make a difference if I sent the files or not ;)
kuba

Post by kuba »

Send the files, always send the files. That's the spirit of competition.

Today, I have hit the cabin in GRPL F1 race and had time 24 seconds worse than my practice times, but I've sent my race anyway.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Yes, of course I sent the files. Don't worry :D
JHvP

Post by JHvP »

Yes, you never know...I think many drivers will have issues with missing checkpoint in Homebush :) I also send files always (if I am able to finish, of course)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Or how many did run it like a surprise login^^
puttz

Post by puttz »

JHvP wrote: Eastern Creek was quite OK, I like this track, but next time I would rather do it as race instead of TT :-)
I'd like to be able to run it as a race round, but the problem is that the AI doesn't drive the track very well. It goes off the track due to not enough braking at a couple of spots. That's the reason most of the tracks that are TT's are so, because the AI just cannot hold the track well, and makes more of a mess of things than making it fun. Or they end up serving no real purpose except wrecking you and generally causing a nuisance.

By the way, if people that have not made a run would like to do so, I'm keeping login open until sometime tomorrow when I will actually be able to start working on results.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

puttz, can't you ask the authors of the original tracks for a slight AI line modificaton? I'm sure if it is for gameplay reasons many authours will let you tune the AI line... ;)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login is officially closed. Results will be coming shortly.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

And the final results are now in! Congrats to the champion, Alonso :winner: (no need to spoiler it because we all already knew who would win) for his dominating performance this season. Thanks to everyone for racing this season, I hope you all have had fun driving in V8 Supercars. I will hopefully get a season-ending video up by the end of this week. The next season will be next December/January just like this season. I hope to see you all racing again. Don't forget to check out my mini-compo, GR Daytona Sim that starts this coming weekend. Also, don't hesitate to leave feedback. So long until the next season of V8's. This is puttz, signing off :cflag:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Lee

Post by Lee »

My first victory in GR :D
It was very good season and i like V8 supercars and probably I will drive next season.
Congratulations to Alonso for great driving and winning the Championship , and Kuba
too for great driving and all other drivers for participation in the compo!
If you want to win, you must not lose!
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Congrats to Lee for his first GR victory :bg:
Thanks to puttz for organizing this fun compo :up:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks to puttz for another nice season of V8 Supercars :bg: Congrats to Alonso, kuba and Lee, you all did well, and thanks Lee for the nice racing in team :) If you like, we can drive together in the future as well :mrgreen:

One thing I'd like to suggest for the future season(s) (I hope they are going to take place) is to re-think the team championship. Now the team standing is a bit like a second driver's championship. If actually both of the team's driver's would have scored points for the team, planetgenerally.de would have been the winning team, after Alonso's team, then it would have been Trolleybus Motorsport and then kuba's team (and so on). In my opinion this would make much more sense of "team spirit". Because this season Alonso has driven outstanding and also kuba has been great, but a team always belongs of more than just one racer, and Lee and I , similar like JVhP and Ivo, have both constantly been good and thus our teams should maybe stand before the single racers' teams :scratch: (Don't get me wrong, I'm not really sad or anything that PGR scored just the 3rd place in team ranking, I just think the team champ is a bit pointless at the moment :mrgreen: )
And teams of three drivers are a bit useless IMO.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Entschuldigung, you have forgotten about boblopette, if we have classic team standings it would look like this:

Code: Select all

1. Destiny Racing           262 (kuba 176, boblopette 86)
   2. planetgenerally.de       247 (Lee 138, XYY 109)
   3. Croatia Racing Team      210 (Alonso)
   4. Trolleybus Motorsport    193 (JHvP 99, Trigger Happy 94)
   5. Volcano Motorsports       70 (feodan 42, puttz 28)
   6. Razgriz Racing            51 (Rafael 46, Harryson 5)
   7. Ivaneurope Motorsports    14 (Szmajli)
   8. Wonder Racing             12 (Reckdal)
   9. Opera Racing              12 (Bird)
  10. Scarlet Devil Race Works   8 (Haruna)
I think about team standings like you do.

Anyway, I want to thank puttz for organizing this series, I liked watching video of race, it's nice change from watching replays. I want to congratulate to Alonso, you beat us 9 times - in last week you were late on purpose, didn't you?

And last but, not least, I want to say thanks to boblopette - it was great to have you as teammate, I hope we can do it again in near future.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

@kuba, sorry :D Yeah, the other "problem" was that the teams weren't mentioned in entry list :D
kuba

Post by kuba »

You can see them in 1st post.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

kuba wrote: I want to congratulate to Alonso, you beat us 9 times - in last week you were late on purpose, didn't you?
No way!I'll rather skip the race than do this on purpose.I drove early in the week and there was an awful rain storm in Croatia, so my internet was very very slow.After all, this is not the first time I've had issues like this.(GP Legends)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like you always have at least one round in my championships in which you get a late submission penalty, Alonso. :doh: You're so good that it doesn't really matter much in the end, you still win the championship.

About teams championship, for S4 (yes, I intend to do another season, don't worry!) I think I shall take the advice and go back to sum of driver's points, and I think I will also drop the manufacturer's championship. The manufacturer's championship doesn't have much of a point. And doing sum of drivers for teams will not only have a better team spirit to it, it'll also be easier to do in Excel :P

I'm thinking about preliminary schedule changes, adding Adelaide, dropping Barbagallo, and add at least 1 more track and drop as many as I add. I plan on keeping the R/TT R/TT Bathurst TT/R TT/R 9 rounds in a month format. The cars will probably remain the same for next season. Any comments on the cars, physics or model wise?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

How about making separate logins during a week? Personally I would like to prepare for 1st track, login it, then start thinking about 2nd.