Grand Tour Trophy 2014 [HL/Race] [Login] - FINISHED

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Gzehoo

Grand Tour Trophy 2014 [HL/Race] [Login] - FINISHED

Post by Gzehoo »

Welcome,

Although what I said in Endurance Series 2013 topic about my future, I decided to start next season in my competition. So let's talk about...

Grand Tour Trophy 2014

Website
Rules and Official Calendar
Login

In Season 2014 there will be used Supersport Tuned Cars instead of old GT1.

To join this competition you must write in this topic:
-nickname
-nationality
-starting number (#4-#999) -
-car
-team

If you don't have an account on GRIF write me on this e-mail -> gzehoo92@gmail.com

Note:
-In one team there can be max 3 drivers but only two best drivers collect points for classification;
-All drivers in one team must use the same car;
-TOP3 teams from previous season (Croatia Racing Team, Destiny Racing and Lambda Motosports) can have only two drivers;
-In one team there can't be two drivers from TOP3 in previous season (except: junior/satelite teams);
-Numbers #1, #2 and #3 reserved for TOP3 drivers from previous season (Alonso, Kuba and XYY) but these drivers don't must use it;

Car list:
-Ferrari 599XX
-Lamborghini Aventador
-McLaren P1
-Pagani Huayra GT
-Porsche 918 RSR
-Saleen S5S Raptor

Start list:
8. Kuba / POL / Ferrari / Destiny Racing
9. Sartalas / POL / Ferrari / Destiny Racing
11. Lee / CRO / McLaren / CZRT
13. Woppoz / NED / Lamborghini / Cookie Monster Racing
16. FRUKIScze / CZE / McLaren / CZRT
22. Merton / POL / Pagani / Magma Machine
51. Vilkku / FIN / Pagani / TBA
60. XYY / GER / Porsche / planetgenerally.de
69. Marcinho / POL / Ferrari / Marcinho Motorsports
92. Gzehoo / POL / Porsche / Lambda Motosports
95. Marass / CZE / McLaren / CZRT
246. puttz / USA / Ferrari / Volcano Motorsports

green font - debutant in this compo. The best debutant in the season will get the title Rookie of the Year
Rules and official pack will be on website as soon as possible.

If you have any question, write here.
Last edited by Gzehoo on Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
FRUKIScze

Re: Grand Tour Trophy 2014 - Discussion Topic

Post by FRUKIScze »

Gzehoo wrote:3. Rules.
About tyres:
I was going to add two types of tyres
-Soft (better grip, low speed)
-Hard (worse grip, high speed
just about this. What about, that Soft tyres will have better grip, but if you drive on soft, you will need to set bigger tyre wear?
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

@up, yes. For Soft tyres there will be bigger tyre wear than for Hard tyres.

But as I've said, there is no 100% possibility for random type of tyres. It will be only on pre-season tests.
Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Ok, a quick reply from me:
1. I haven't tested the physics of those cars you have already made, but I would suggest to make them a bit lively to drive (I think the LMP 1 cars were quite fast, but very calm in driving - compared to the cars we had in GTT the years before not a step forward). Ok, probably my fault, maybe I should test the physics of the cars before commenting them ;)

2. Hmm, that calendar is rather long. But not neccessarily too long. I just think the long break in April could make this feel like it's lasting forever (starting with test events in Jan and ending in May ). Maybe you should rather make this a one week or two week break, instead of the current 4 weeks off.
But I'm sure you can find some more interesting / less usual tracks for the Brazil and Argentine Grand Prix. Except from Brno and the two south american races you haven't really chosen the most famous tracks (which I really like because one can find the very famous tracks like Interlagos and Brno in many competitions). What about Guapore (Brazil) and Salta (Argentina) for example? :) Except from that (and even as it is now) the calendar is fine, although there are maybe a bit too many events in Europe (9 GPs + at least one test).

3. Keep it simple. I for my part don't want to test multiple times on each circuit to just find out if to use the hard or soft tyres. ;) I can't say anything on the settings unless I haven't tested those cars :bsmile:

Btw I'm glad you reviewed your opinion to no longer organise competitions :mrgreen:
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Well, I'm trying to select for GTT only these tracks which are not currently in F1/MotoGP calendar (e.g. Oulton Park in UK, Lausitz in Germany, Almeria in Spain, Miller in USA). Only one exception is Brno and Interlagos. I'll keep Brno in calendar but with the track for Brazilian GP... let's say that I can think about change it for any other (what about Goiania?).

I was thinking also about night qualifs/races in GTT in some rounds.

This one-month break is only Easter break between next rounds but I can change it for only 3-week break.

And I decided that second track for Pre-Season Tests will be Shanghai Tianma Circuit.
Lambda Motosports

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ XYY, Brno isn't that common, considering GWR supported events, last two uses were May 2013 and May 2010. :scratch: Generally MotoGP tracks are in fact pretty neglected both by trackmakers and compo organizers - Sachsenring (last used Jun. 2006), Estoril (Nov. 2007), Mugello (Sept. 2011), Bugatti LM (Aug. 2010), Assen (Oct. 2008), Motegi (Aug. 2005), Ricardo Tormo (Aug. 2004), Phillip Island (Jan. 2011), Misano (in May 2013, but only one use in 10 years), Motorland Aragon never etc. Compare with the ''fun'' brought by Shanghai, Interlagos or Bahrain races each 3-4 months ...

On the other hand I'd agree with a reduction, Rijeka (good idea btw), Brno, Lausitzring (ex-DDR) and Poznan look like bit too much events for Central zone at once. Also I agree, there are too many gaps, the season could be shorter and more intensive, I think optimal time for end of season is first half of May. Tracks also look OK, only I think we have better Italian tracks than Vallelungas (both Crowella's and Sartalas'). In any casee I'd suggest not to use more than one track by one trackmaker to make it more alive.
Gzehoo

Re: Grand Tour Trophy 2014 [HL/Race] [Login]

Post by Gzehoo »

OK. Because only one STC car to do, I decided to update first post.

You can now sign up for the Season 2014.
Lambda Motosports

puttz

Post by puttz »

I think I might run a few rounds, but probably not the full season. I'll confirm once I get a chance to test the pack. I plan to run #246 again for Volcano Motorsports.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

I know, that i did not participate in much races last six months, but GTT 2013 was my most favourited tournament, so i want to participate full time this year. Now i have new laptop with internet conection so i shouldn't have any problems with login.
I was having a problems with time limit, because i was uploading via my mobile network
------------------
My informations:

-FRUKIScze
-Czech Republic (cze)
-McLaren will decide later, when pack will be ready or how decide my teamate (if i will have one ) but probably Ferrari
-CZRT (looking for a teamate. I don't care, if you are champion or rookie )
Last edited by FRUKIScze on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

OK, GTT 2014 official pack is now available on competition website. Now you can test all cars and both type of tyres.
Lambda Motosports

puttz

Post by puttz »

Okay, I will officially confirm my entry.

puttz
USA
Ferrari 599XX
Volcano Motorsports
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Me too:

- kuba
- POL
- Ferrari
- Destiny Racing

anyone wants to join team?
Lee

Post by Lee »

This competition look very interesting,
I will drive for sure

-Lee
-Croatia
-McLaren
-not team yet
If you want to win, you must not lose!
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Welcome Lee :wave:

BTW. You are first driver for this season signed as 'debutant' ;)
Lambda Motosports

Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

I decided to update an official pack. Pack is on competition website.

Updates:
-car sounds
-palettes (thanks to ChiliFan for permission ;) )

In this season there will be added an info before each round, with race start time.
E.g. in Australian GP, Qualifs will be at 2:00 pm local time and Race will be at 10:00 pm local time, and you have to use a special palette called in this case 2pm (Q) and 10pm (R).
Lambda Motosports

puttz

Post by puttz »

Is there going to be only 1 bot on the track this season? Oh, and the bot car is ridiculously slow. Surely that can't be the car you are intending to have the bots drive, can it?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Yes, only 1 bot on the track (to make your life easier ;) ) and special car for bot. This car is slower than other cars in the pack.
Lambda Motosports

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Why only one bot car? I think we should have at least three, if not five of them...
puttz

Post by puttz »

XYY wrote:Why only one bot car? I think we should have at least three, if not five of them...
Agreed. At minimum 3, and speed them up a little, or else they may cause all sorts of havoc.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Pack again updated. This time, there are 3 bots and also !BOT-CAR! updated.

BTW. Do you have any propositions for the full name of Argentinian GP and Brazilian GP? (look: calendar)
Lambda Motosports

Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Maybe Petrobras Brazilian GP?
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

My proposals
Repsol YPF Argentine GP
Embratel Brazilian GP
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Little update...Lee is joining CZRT and we both will be using McLaren ;)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

- XYY
- German
- Porsche 918
- planetgenerally.de

planetgenerally.de has a free seat :)

By the way, I tested, and I think that 2 pitstops on 12 km is ridiculous. :D Please, either make the races slightly longer (15-16km) and slightly decrease the fuel consumption (11-12%) to make it a bit more realistic. Plus the races are rather short anyway because of the slightly faster cars.
And after having tested I find even 4 AI cars too few. Why shouldn't we race with a full field? Maybe have some varying AI levels (70-110) to have some rather good (not really fast) AI drivers and some true obstacles on the track? :D
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

@up, Well, at this moment I can say that for 12km there were 2 options about fuel settings:
-15% and 80kg (TOP6) - 2 pit stops during the race
-10% and 100kg (rest) - 1 pit stop during the race
and it will be showed in special table after Q.

It's good for 12km. If the race distance will be increased for 15-16km the fuel settings must be changed. You know, TOP6 drivers from Q must make 2 pit stops, the rest - only one. I don't want to make more than 2 pit stops but fuel settings (consumption and mass) must be good for 1 and 2 pit stops.

Anyway, I don't want to make a difficult competition and I understand that some changes in my compo (tyres, distance, pit stops) could make it more difficult. But on the other hand, it's only for this season.

BTW. Have you tried both types of tyres? (Soft - 15%, Hard - 10%)
Lambda Motosports