GRPL GP2 Series: Season 11 [HL / Timetrial] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Areen

GRPL GP2 Series: Season 11 [HL / Timetrial] [Login]

Post by Areen »

GENERALLY POLSKA
GRAND PRIX 2 SERIES: SEASON 11

Everything you need is on our website: HOME, or in links provided below:

SIGN UP! (on GRPL) | DOWNLOAD (direct link) | LOGIN (+ instructions) | SPORTING REGULATIONS
CALENDAR | STARTING LIST | STANDINGS
All credits and big, shut-out thanks goes to: JohnQ, AWiewiur, Sartalas and DaroOCK.

Hello everyone. :wave: We brought here to you our best two series, which until this day was only local, only for our Polish community. We really want to participate and compete with the best drivers in the world so that's why here we are. :)

I think everyone knows what is Grand Prix 2, so I don't need to make a big introduction. So, if you have some time, please, read some content and join into our second serie. :)

Our compo consists of 2 events: Qualifying and Race. In Qualifying your best lap decide on your result, in Race, your total time.
Qualifying session is always on Wednesday, Race is on Sunday, all deadlines ends at 20:00 CET (time in Poland, UTC+1 in winter, UTC+2 in summer).
Main settings

In GRPL Grand Prix 2 you don't need the Superlicense!

Everyone is welcome, it's no need to register on our portal / forum, you can do everything here. ;)

You can sign up directly on our forum: http://www.generally.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2129, or if you want to participate in our series you need to fill the Application Form.

APPLICATION FORM:
1. Nickname,
2. Nationality,
3. E-mail,
4. Age (not neccessary).
5. Desired team (pick one from starting list)
6. Helmet color

You can sign up right now.

All neccessary links are on top of the post. :)
Last edited by Areen on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 13 times in total.
puttz

Re: GRPL GP2 Series: Season 11 [HL / Race] [Login]

Post by puttz »

Now this looks like it should be a fun series. :bg: And I should have time to race for now. I'm not sure I understand what the point of team bosses is, but whatever :D
puttz
USA
puttzracer@gmail.com
Helmet: 155/000/155
Caterham (If you permit, Areen)

One question, how do we know which rounds are run with the night palette?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Areen

Re: GRPL GP2 Series: Season 11 [HL / Race] [Login]

Post by Areen »

You don't need to understand the boss thing ^^ In GP2 there is no bosses and free signing ;)

You'll use night palette in Californian GP. Before this GP I'll post a annoucement where will be information about it ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: GRPL GP2 Series: Season 11 [HL / Timetrial] [Login]

Post by Trigger Happy »

Just two simple questions, why you think you could alter lmap and some objects (sunk tyres, hay bales) in my Avus without asking me for any permission?

All other similar edits are also done without any awareness of authors?
Areen

Post by Areen »

Yes, it is done on other tracks. And, I don't know how to answer to a first question. I can only say I'm sorry. :sorry:
What should I do in this case?
Hermes

Post by Hermes »

I'm Back...here are my data.

Hermes
Brazilian
hermesavenger@hotmail.com
Racing Eng.
192/192/192

best regards.
sorry for my spelling mistakes
Eu me achei no colo do meu par (Banda do Mar) SONG
I found myself in the arms of my pair (free translated)
My stats in GWR (thanks Jo.sk)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Areen wrote:Yes, it is done on other tracks. And, I don't know how to answer to a first question. I can only say I'm sorry. :sorry:
What should I do in this case?
Contact the track authors to get permission to make changes, otherwise revert the tracks back to their original version (no lmap or object changes).
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@Areen: Well, it's bit more complex than puttz says. You need to keep the edits in consistence with GRIF rules, which means:

in case of tracks never released here (e.g. the G. Kozma's Panoniaring) or here before the date of the 26th May 2010 you need explicit permission from the author for any edits plus permission to use it in compos (= effectively permission to share the track on your own). The permissions to edit and/or use in compo may be given in a readme or in author's general statement in this topic (or IIRC and several people told same in past, that G. Kozma had in signature something like 'You can use my tracks in compos without asking if the track is unmodified') or may be given ad hoc after asking the author for the permission (via e-mail, fb, PM etc).

in case of tracks released here since the 26th May 2010 one doesn't need to ask for permission to use in compos anymore, if he doesn't edit the track anyhow or keep the edits in strict limits mentioned art. 9. of rules - unless explicitly demanded in readme otherwise. For any further deep edits beyond the art. 9 however still is valid, that one needs a permission from .txt readme, author's general statement in this topic or ad hoc approval. E.g. in the Fontana all the cones, walls or lmap edits must be either as in original or approved by MdP.

Naturally if the gamepack won't contain tracks consistent with these limitations it won't be possible to keep it here uploaded or to share here a link to the gamepack.
LupinIIIFan32

Post by LupinIIIFan32 »

I'm interested, so sign me up!

LupinIIIFan32
USA
jclark@udel.edu
Russian Time (and if I could be #27, that would be great- Gilles was my hero. Thanks!)
000/121/214

Thanks!
T.Miguel

Post by T.Miguel »

Im in! Back like "Terminator" haha

T.Miguel
Brazilian
mgglgamer@gmail.com
Racing Eng.
150/255/000

See ya!
IM BACK! :D
Areen

Post by Areen »

Note: Gamepack will not be available untill we solve problems with the permissions.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

I can't promise that I'll take part in all the races, but I'd like to join:

Herbal
HUN
gr.dxtr (a) gmail . com
#22 DAMS
192-192-192
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

I'm in too
ivaneurope
BUL
ivaneurope (a) mail (dot) bg
MP Motorsport #20
Helmet TBA
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
JHvP

Post by JHvP »

JHvP
CZE
jirka (dot) hasman (a) seznam (dot) cz
Hilmer #7
Helmet 0/255/255
feofan92

Post by feofan92 »

feofan
Russian
ffiillffww@gmail.com
Russian Time
000/000/180
Areen

Post by Areen »

NOTE: Problems with permissions solved! Calendar with new 5 track updated! Game pack will appear in next few days!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Darn. Now this calendar looks too similar to a lot of other calendars. Before there were lots of different tracks, but a lot of the new ones are the same old tracks you see in a lot of compos :vsad: Oh, and by the way, I think you mean Indiana Grand Prix, not Indian Grand Prix.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

This not Areen's fault. Chose an interesting calendar. The fast can't make interesting calendar.
Areen

Post by Areen »

I don't have any permission to use the old one, so the change was neccessary. I'm sorry if I dissapointed you, Puttz. :/

Yeah, and it's Indiana, my bad.
Areen

Post by Areen »

NOTE: Australian GP on Mallala is now changed into New Zealand GP on Timaru.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Mszostus wrote:This not Areen's fault. Chose an interesting calendar. The fast can't make interesting calendar.
Areen asked me a question about the trackmakers and their tracks, I told him in PM which permission he needs and under which conditions he can use some of them already in any case (in detail), gave him e-mail contacts, even added my personal (and very positive) experience with those guys (Maciej1, MdP, Jimmy, future design; because I was in touch with each of them in past for same reasons few times). I guess within week he'd have most of permissions given or settled by a compromise suitable well both for him and author (we're three weeks before season start btw).

About my track I told to Areen, that although I'm not keen on some ahistorical changes in lmap, I can understand reasons for doing it, so OK, only asked for 2 things - to add into .trk's comment a link to original track here on forum and to move edited sunk tyres in one section by few px to maintain bit more an authentic driving feeling in the section like I intended in original. Not hard terms, are they?

Well, instead of it he rather chose to drop the track from calendar (and the others too). No objections, it's also a fair solution, quick and easy. And I don't dare to judge, if previous or this calendar is more interesting, it's so individual.

But IMHO it's not fair to excuse oneself and pass the blame on the trackmakers by saying 'I have not the permissions, it was necessary'. Because in fact there was no immediate certain necessity to replace them, Areen still had two options - the quick and easy option and another one slower and more complex. And HE chose, choose the easy and quick - by not even trying to acquire the permissions, by not having a patience derived from mutual respect. So the full-truth answer for this moment should have been 'I chose to replace them, I deliberately chose not to ask and/or wait, I deliberately chose not to talk with and listen to.' So yes, if puttz think the calendar isn't as good as was, it is IMHO OK, if he'd say it's Areen's fault.

Although I think, that being a more complex solution doesn't imply being a worse solution, I again point out, I don't object to his choice (and don't intend to push him in any other revisions), I only object to the excuse - to defend the guys and myself of course too.
Areen

Post by Areen »

It's not defending me at all. But okay, I understood everyting. It's all my fault and I've taken the responsibility on this situation.

I've solved the problem with permissions - I simply asked everyone who's tracks I want to use in next seasons also including Maciej1. I simply dropped all tracks without permissions because of lack of time to the incoming season, so quick change was the best thing here. Also I didn't received permission from Maciej1. Asking completly inactive guys for permissions and hopefully waiting for answer was not in my mood and I don't have time for that.

I've made my mistakes, I apologize everyone again, I'm so sorry about this horrible situation and I hope that this will never happen again.

If you want to close this compo - feel free.

Best regards, Areen.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Like I mentioned to you earlier, even persons inactive on forum often reply on similar e-mails in proper time, my own experience. But it's up to you, so:
Areen wrote:If you want to close this compo - feel free.
No reason to do so, absolutely! Once more, I didn't object to your solution, it's proper and fair. I talked only about the excuse, which I didn't find entirely appropriate. I wish this compo will be as much successful as possible and am very grateful to you and everybody else, who is ready to commit himself for such effort in favour of the community. :)
L.Felipe

Post by L.Felipe »

L. Felipe
Brasil
dinofly20@gmail.com
20 yo
Carlin
000/000/125
Gera

Post by Gera »

In Polish there is proverb: "do the forks of the needle". You're doing it now.

If you don't want us riding through your tracks - no problem. We'll be fine. Cheers.
http://www.generally.pl
"Pure driving, pure racing... That makes me happy" - Ayrton Senna