GR Daytona Sim 2014

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
kuba

Re: GR Daytona Sim 2014

Post by kuba »

This time I wasn't fastest, but I won.

So, no matter of duels results will I start 1st at inside row next to FRUKIScze for the Daytona 500?
puttz

Post by puttz »

@FRUKIS You can still drive (and I encourage you to do so). You can still score GWR points if you race in your Duel.

@kuba That is correct.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

puttz wrote:You can still score GWR points if you race in your Duel.
Ah, yeah :misch:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
puttz

Post by puttz »

A little over 24 hours to go to submit your Duel race. Don't forget to switch to the night palette!
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

It's time to vent on my issue of my very late submit. I knew that this race was my climax and I had to show that I could make a great show by having my performance on par with Szmajili. HOWEVER, mid-game, my mother told me that I had to pick up my brother at school home and that she would chastise me if I don't do it / delay it because she knows my nature as a "potential" racer that I may cross as a "selfish" person who only strives for personal matters. Cannot be bothered being called that, I've sacrificed my 17 minutes and that I've lost focus on my race from the second pit stop to finish. This outcome would affect me and I would lost to Szmajili because he could have a better lining and speed and I kept crashing with AIs on my third stint.

What I'm trying to say to everyone is that I know this interruption is cringe worthy, but as a first child of three, I had to take care of my little brothers. Interruptions could come at very least expected times, just when you were on climax on your login session. Also, morning runs are when I can be on my climax, while my climax won't be maximum when I do it at midnight. I know that I had to duel against Szmajili but at the same time I cannot neglect my brothers as I know my mother always put faith to me in taking care of my brother.

Once again, I'm terribly sorry for this issue, especially to the organizer puttz and Szmajili (for maybe I won't serve an exciting battle of first outside lane position, especially starting the third stint of mine)
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

This was the worst race for me. :D I crashed with the idiot AIs. I hate that agressivity, and that they feels like I'm a little PolskiFiat 126 and they are Huge Cargo Train. :( I had to do 3 pit stops (I only wanted to do 2) and most of my lap times were 12.xx so I think I will be the last from the 2 Duel Races :(
But I cant wait the Final Race. I hope I'll have time to run it.

:)
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Finished.:cflag: It was my 600th event. :rolleyes:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Pretty decent race for me :bsmile: My lap time get only once (thanks bot :bg: ) under 12.10s Can't wait for results, and good luck for everyone, who doesn't race yet ;)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results will be coming tomorrow as will the starting lineup for the 500, so just sit tight :)
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

puttz wrote:so just sit tight :)
I just cannot :trampo:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results and replays from the Budweiser Duels are posted, as are Daytona 500 logins and the full lineup. Good luck to everyone in the Daytona 500, it's going to be more than three times as long as any other race in this compo. Don't forget to change your palette back to the regular palette!
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Did I finish second third time in a row? I won't be mad, if i finish second again in Daytona 500 :rofl:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Sad that I've still got the late submit penalty even though I specified the reason why, but either way, I'm starting at 3rd :p

Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

I don't mind starting from the back. I do like my zero-to-hero stories, after all.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

I tought that 3rd position means I need to select myself after 2 bots. :( but now I know that I always need to select myself first :D

(what BOP means? )
My Tracks & Cars
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Szmajli wrote:what BOP means?
BOP is an abbreviation of back of pack. In other words, your result is stripped and considered as last.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Herbal wrote:
Szmajli wrote:what BOP means?
BOP is an abbreviation of back of pack. In other words, your result is stripped and considered as last.
Thank you! :bg: :)
My Tracks & Cars

puttz

Post by puttz »

I am extending the deadline until Monday since I won't have a chance to do results until then.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

puttz wrote:I am extending the deadline until Monday since I won't have a chance to do results until then.
Huh.. :goal:
I just wanted to say that I had no time to complete, but I'm very happy with this. :)

Monday means Monday 23:59?
My Tracks & Cars

Rendy

Post by Rendy »

What a lackluster run. Impeded by an AI that, for some reason, was in a "Pit Limiter" speed all the time led to my lackluster run with bumps, shunts, and off-tracks. I think I'm out of the Top 4 for this... :headdesk

puttz

Post by puttz »

Szmajli wrote:
puttz wrote:I am extending the deadline until Monday since I won't have a chance to do results until then.
Huh.. :goal:
I just wanted to say that I had no time to complete, but I'm very happy with this. :)

Monday means Monday 23:59?
Yup, same time as usual, UTC.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Surprisingly my race wasn't that exhausting as I was afraid of, no crash, no IA with speed limit on track, according to strategy.

I'm very curious about the results. Puttz, will you make video with commentary? :D
puttz

Post by puttz »

kuba wrote:Surprisingly my race wasn't that exhausting as I was afraid of, no crash, no IA with speed limit on track, according to strategy.

I'm very curious about the results. Puttz, will you make video with commentary? :D
I'd like to, but unfortunately I don't really have time to do a commentary video for something short, never mind an almost 40 minute race :vsad: A busy semester at university will do that to you.

Don't forget that if you haven't raced yet, there are still a few hours left for you to do so.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

I'm at sister house, and I don't have my laptot with me, so i'm driving on sisters computer. Hope it won't be dissaster for me :shhh:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

DOUBLE POST:
FRUKIScze wrote:Hope it won't be dissaster for me :shhh:
Ok, it was dissaster. Her keyboard is just f***ing awfull. I am usually using A for accelerating, but A stucks all the time. So I changed it to S and everything works well, but then this button started to stuck too. And game was lagging absolutely horribly. (normally at my laptop 40-50fps) and at sisters computer it almost never gets over 24 (which is for me playable fps) I gave up after half race :weep: Of course, i don't want to say, that it's fault of computer or keyboard. But...it's shame for me :liar: I was expecting MUCH MORE for this event, and i am really dissapointed by me. I'm sad now :vsad: