GR Daytona Sim 2014

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
FRUKIScze

Re: GR Daytona Sim 2014

Post by FRUKIScze »

My race was....well...i won't rather talk :doh:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I was as fast as in practices in sense of average speed, but lap times weren't as low as I wished, I couldn't find optimal line on banking in t1. :shrug:

AIs seemed OK, only problem during my race was firewall, its window popped up while I was arriving into turn 1 and covered most of t1 and t2 for a moment, by unknown luck I managed to drive through without any damage. :D
puttz

Post by puttz »

Qualifying login is now posted. Results for the Unlimited should hopefully be done tomorrow.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Post by puttz »

By the way, don't forget to change your palette back to the normal palette for qualifying. Results will be posted shortly.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Oh... what is the penalty for using wrong palette?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results from the Sprint Unlimited are in! There are replays along with the tracks that are needed to watch them.
Also, I have added rules 6.j and 6.k because I realized I forgot to put the penalties for incorrect palettes and incorrect cars. It is +10 sec for incorrect palette and +5 sec for incorrect car. Please be sure that you all download the carpack in the first post. The carpack with the player cars you are using should be v2. Good luck in qualifying!
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Buka

Post by Buka »

:doh: Logical ending of awful race. I will try my best to improve my result in next rounds. And what a pity for Kuba to loose the victory because of such a mistake. :(
kuba

Post by kuba »

It doesn't feel fair to add rules after round ended. And 10 seconds for wrong palette is definitely too much.

I'm not going to participate in the rest of the event.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

HOW THE F**K AM I SUPPOSED TO BE SECOND? HIGH FIVE IVO! I'm going to watch replays, because i don't trust it :P
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

kuba wrote:It doesn't feel fair to add rules after round ended. And 10 seconds for wrong palette is definitely too much.

I'm not going to participate in the rest of the event.
Your point isn't entirely valid, because rules say:
l. Other miscellaneous infractions: Determined based on the severity of the offence.
So he could give you the penalty in any case. :shhh: So I think it's bit over-reaction and would be really pity. :shrug: Penalty contains 2 parts - first to eliminate received advantage (which some was there) and second a disadvantage to deter from the behaviour, penalty only equal to first part wouldn't be effective.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Excuse, but what advantage did I obtained by using different palette?
Determined based on the severity of the offence.
10 seconds, really? Almost 1 extra lap?
puttz

Post by puttz »

I added both rules not because I made it up on the spot, but because I had the intention of issuing penalties for such violations. I just forgot to explicitly state it in the rules, and wanted to have them there in the future instead of falling back on what is now rule 6.l.

Also, just as an explanation to why I only gave Ivo a warning instead of a penalty, it wasn't explicitly stated in the rules that there was a specific car. Since all cars have identical performance, there was no advantage to him using the car that he thought he was supposed to use. Now that I have clarified that you need the v2 carpack, I will be applying penalties to anyone who does not use the car with their number in the v2 carpack.

However, kuba and Buka's case on the other hand, it was clearly stated in the schedule that you needed to use the night palette, and also it does give a slight advantage in that it changes the way you see the track as you are driving, thus using the wrong palette is deemed as a more serious violation than an incorrect car, and the penalty was applied. Harsh? Maybe, but I stand by my penalties. It should be a major deterrent for people to use the wrong palette, and I think 10 seconds will do that. At least I don't disqualify people for silly things like being a minute late on file submission rather than issuing a decent time penalty. You are free to retire if you disagree.
Last edited by puttz on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

It's for sure easier to drive with default palette than the heavy contrast one, so yes, I can see an advantage.

But it's up to puttz to say, why he think 10 secs or eventually reconsider it. ;)
kuba

Post by kuba »

Trigger Happy wrote:It's for sure easier to drive with default palette than the heavy contrast one
No, it isn't, I completely disagree with that.

I have read the rules few minutes before login (as I always do before first round of each championship) and I'd bet that if I see one saying about palette I would use correct one.

I've trained a lot on track, managed to gain focus quite well and I just feel like victory was stolen from me...
puttz

Post by puttz »

It is on the schedule quite clearly, though. and also in rule 2.a:
The Rules wrote:a. When you sign up, you will be sent a PM with a login name and password (if you have participated in another NAGRCA compo, your password will be the same, but I will still send it in case you have lost or forgotten it). To login, click the login link to the left. Simply enter your username and password, and click submit. You should get a download that contains track file. Unzip this to the tracks directory in the competition package, start GR, choose your driver and AI drivers (except for in qualifying), make sure you have the correct pallete, and run the race...
Most of the drivers didn't have a problem seeing it, either in the schedule or here. And even if I were to reduce the penalty to 5 sec, you still wouldn't win. If you don't like the rules, you don't have to race. I'd hate to lost a great driver like you because of a little incident, though. A real racer will take it as it is (although perhaps be upset or unhappy about it), and come back with a vengeance next round :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

just 0.08 seconds :D Sorry Haruna!
This is my best performance in any compo!
Congrats for everyone! :)
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
kuba

Post by kuba »

I apologize in advance:
puttz wrote:A real racer will take it as it is
And real championship organizer would allow the fastest driver to win.

I really enjoyed practising and racing (combination of car and track is really good), spent great time on track, but the fact that punishment is not appropriate to the offense made all the fun go away.
puttz

Post by puttz »

kuba wrote:I apologize in advance:
puttz wrote:A real racer will take it as it is
And real championship organizer would allow the fastest driver to win.

I really enjoyed practising and racing (combination of car and track is really good), spent great time on track, but the fact that punishment is not appropriate to the offense made all the fun go away.
I would want you to win, but I can't overlook the rules just because that would take a win away from a driver. Rules are rules, and they are applied equally across the field. If all but one driver, who was the slowest driver by 9 seconds, used the wrong palette, he would become the winner because he was the one who obeyed the rules, I couldn't ignore that just because the slowest driver would become the winner. The correct palette was clearly there for all to see in the schedule, so I can't be faulted for not making it plain. Plus, you'll probably dominate the other events because it's all on the same track. So why quit when you now know what to do for the next 3 events which you have a very good chance of winning?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

puttz wrote:Rules are rules, and they are applied equally across the field.
And you've decided to give 10 seconds for palette and only warning for incorrect car.

I cooled down a little, I had really bad day in work - I worked 11 hours (yay for 5 hours on Friday) fixing code after one s**thead "developer". I see about racing on weekend. But I still feel that 10 seconds are too much.
puttz

Post by puttz »

kuba wrote:
puttz wrote:Rules are rules, and they are applied equally across the field.
And you've decided to give 10 seconds for palette and only warning for incorrect car.

I cooled down a little, I had really bad day in work - I worked 11 hours (yay for 5 hours on Friday) fixing code after one s**thead "developer". I see about racing on weekend. But I still feel that 10 seconds are too much.
Understandable. I already explained the logic behind the car warning and the palette penalties, so I won't revisit that. I am glad that you will hopefully decide to continue racing :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Just watched the replay to see how I went. I see that I have the worst best lap and average speed, but it was my lining that shined. And if I didn't "kissed" an AI (or two) when lapping them I would secure a Top 5 position so to speak... :|
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
kuba

Post by kuba »

0.05s slower than my best practise time. And CORRECT palette ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

And I, a silly man, again drove the blank chevy car from default pack. :doh:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Qualifying results are in and Duel logins are posted! Remember that the top 2 qualifiers are locked into their positions for the Daytona 500. Check out the lineups for the Budweiser Duels. The drivers in Duel 1 will fill the inside row of the 500, and the drivers in Duel 2 will fill the outside row, both in the order they finish their respective duel in. If anyone else wants to join for the Duels and the 500, they will be added to the back of the grid in a Duel, starting with Duel 1 and alternating from there.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

If I get it right, top 2 drivers don't have to drive in Dual Qualify, because their positions are already locked for Daytona 500?