NAGRCA GT Series Management Compo [man]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Rendy

Re: NAGRCA GT Series Management Compo [man]

Post by Rendy »

Aww, sad to hear that, puttz. I really enjoyed running a management compo like this, even though I'm stuck with what I could dub as a bad choice of line-ups due to being outbid. :(
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
puttz

Post by puttz »

I am working on thinking of ways that I could streamline the way this series works, mostly on my end, and some on your ends. You may see a new management competition sometime in the distant future. I may try to also make it more balanced by making any upgrades less powerful, and perhaps restrict the development you can do, and have a constructor's element to it (you build your own car from a list of parts instead of simply starting with one of several presets). Also, I'd try to make things much more automated in the spreadsheet for you guys so there's less fiddly confusing stuff, I've thought of a couple of ways I could do that.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Well, I could work on the news feature of the race the next time you make another one of this again. :)
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Bird

Post by Bird »

puttz, your competition was very cool and very great to watch in the videos! Even if my team was the slowest in the end, I was still cheering them when watching the race. I wonder if you don't make yourself too much work with the news blog...
Supporter of Windows 98
puttz

Post by puttz »

I should be able to run the last race tomorrow. Hold on guys, it will get done.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Okay, videos are posted, and the standings are finalized. Note that I didn't put PR or money totals in the results page since they aren't needed after the last race of the season. Thanks you guys for Sticking with me throughout the races I was able to get done. I had fun doing the races for you, just the behind the scenes stuff was not so fun :P Anyway, be sure to post your comments about the season, what you liked, what you didn't, what you might like to see changed if I run something like this in the future.

Some things I've already thought of changing for next season, I'd like input on these as well:

-Tie PR to the individual drivers and their sponsor instead of the team as a whole
-A team sponsor that has certain expectations that you need to accomplish to get money from them
-Add sponsor minimum expectations, driver will lose PR if they do not meet them
-Change the name of PR to Prestige
-Change the PR system to be more dynamic, not sure how (if a lower PR driver beats a higher PR driver, their PR gain will increase by some kind of multiplier, and the other driver will lose some PR by some multiplier. This may be more complicated than I want to deal with unless I can figure out some kind of formula that makes sense).
-Stronger Privateers
-Same type of tire for both cars (no one ever used two different tire types, so it's a kind of useless option)
-Have tire brands that you sign a contract with, each one with it's own characteristics and maybe a couple of options for tire types from each brand
-Change the research system so that instead of allocating research points, you choose the focus that you want your team engineers to focus on for that round, and the next round that focus will be upgraded by a certain amount (pre-set amount, to help avoid the runaway problem that happened with the top teams)
-Change the upgrades to be more minor (a few power, top speed, downforce, etc. instead of the larger amounts that there are now, again to avoid runaways)
-Make upgrades more expensive
-Remove the manufacturer specific parts and have only parts that are accessible to all
-Allow teams to build their own car from scratch instead of only having the default cars that were in this season. You would choose the body type you want your car to have (I think I would add a couple more options), then buy various parts (engine, wings, aero kit, suspension, turbos, etc.) to create their car. Default cars would also be available to purchase.
-Have more setup options (wing settings, suspension settings, gear ratio, etc) and allow them by default instead of having to purchase them, lending a little more strategy to the game
-Have more things relating to nations (tracks are located in certain nations, teams are located in certain nations, perhaps some bonuses could come from that)
-Fix some potentially "broken" drivers and driver/team member combinations (such as in Vemac Grand Prix, could have been very powerful if the car had been built up more, he would have had some cheap mid-high 90's AI drivers)
-Make it so that the car is a little less important, and the driver's skill is more important
-Some more things to change driver ability
-Use online spreadsheet instead of Excel spreadsheet. That would make that part of the series easier for both you and me
-Make things a little simpler in the spreadsheet (e.g. when a part is bought, have another column to equip it to the car by typing "1" instead of having to manually enter part data, and simplifying the driver signing process.)

That's just a few of the ideas I have, there are more floating around in my head. Feel free to post your own ideas or input on my ideas. I'd love to hear criticisms, both positive and negative (other than "finish the whole dang season" :P ).

The final videos:
Heats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYwZhPgmnY
Mains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4LxtM ... e=youtu.be
Wrapup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV7vE6pBkzo
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

-Allow teams to build their own car from scratch instead of only having the default cars that were in this season. You would choose the body type you want your car to have (I think I would add a couple more options), then buy various parts (engine, wings, aero kit, suspension, turbos, etc.) to create their car. Default cars would also be available to purchase.
Hell, why shouldn't we reuse the AIOC vehicles or already released cars on the forum? I'd love to see ARCs competing with Cardmaster Aolas and SDRs.
puttz

Post by puttz »

DuklaLiberec wrote:
Hell, why shouldn't we reuse the AIOC vehicles or already released cars on the forum? I'd love to see ARCs competing with Cardmaster Aolas and SDRs.
That would be pretty cool. I could create some sort of specs that people can create their own car shapes from, and then build the physics from the ground up by buying parts. Or perhaps get permission to use other people's cars and modify them so they are all about the same dimensions.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

puttz wrote:
DuklaLiberec wrote:
I am not against the idea. If you wish to, I can hand you the previous seasons cars, too. ;)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars