NAGRCA GT Series Management Compo [man]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Re: NAGRCA GT Series Management Compo [man]

Post by puttz »

DuklaLiberec wrote:
Jan van Koelic wrote:He's enthusiastic, he's likable, and he's pretty darn fast in a race car, too. I'm happy to work with him this season, hopefully together we can bring this team to the top.
Recently on Twitter:

@HeinerNeuer: You're absolutely right @JanVKoelic ! :D I'm more than delighted to be part of @pgrderacing and to work with a veteran who has been racing when I was little. See you guys in Maple! #nagrcagt #pgrde #speedtec
Nice :bg: That's the kind of thing that adds flavor to a series like this, I think. Makes the "drivers" seem more like real people rather than computer AIs. I'll be doing stuff to this effect of the blog, but feel free to add your own flavor stuff in the thread, too.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Post by puttz »

Don't forget to send me your team management excel files :bg: Please do so by this Friday.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

By the way, don't forget that you have 5 free outsourced research points that you can use right off the bat, so use them when you submit for the first round. Both people I've gotten files from so far seem to have overlooked that. :)
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Another by the way, don't forget to use your team member research point. For those of you who have already submitted, just let me know via PM which category you would like to put your point towards. From what I've seen in the sheets so far it looks like it should be a close and exciting season :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Gonna send mine in a minute. I'll make sure that my team can be as great as expected even though I can't get Niko Tomas on board... :)
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
puttz

Post by puttz »

I still need 2 team sheets from Peninsula Motorsports (bduddy) and Destiny Racing (kuba). If I do not receive the sheets, the cars will race as-is with no improvements and balance tires. Tomorrow, we go racing :drive:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

I give up... the idea of competition is very interesting but the managing it with sheets is... just... very unintuitive and unfriendly.

Everything I do I follow the rule - do it the best you can or don't do it at all. And I can't do my best here as it requires a lot of time to only understand all the tables, not mentioning of finding any strategy. And let's be honest - I play GeneRally to race, to manage I play Football Manager ;)

BTW this championship would be perfect to learn basics of relational databases and making websites.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

kuba wrote: And let's be honest - I play GeneRally to race, to manage I play Football Manager ;)
Then why did you register for this championship? :doh:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
kuba

Post by kuba »

I thought I can make it.

Well, after a nap I think I will send some quicky prepared sheet, not to screw fun for others.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Kuba, if you really don't want to do it, I can take over the team for now and see if someone else might like to take it in later rounds.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

I'll prepare sheet in few minutes and send you via mail. Let's see how this will go.

EDIT: sheet sent, I hope everything is good.
puttz

Post by puttz »

The races are all done, don't look at the results sheet unless you don't mind knowing what happens before watching the videos. The videos will be slightly delayed due to an unforseen circumstance, hopefully I can get them up late tonight. If not, then late tomorrow night.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

puttz wrote:Kuba, if you really don't want to do it, I can take over the team for now and see if someone else might like to take it in later rounds.
Please run my team as well in my absence in case no one else is interested in doing so. :)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Wow, that's... quick

Nevermind, I'll wait for the vids to come... :)

puttz

Post by puttz »

DuklaLiberec wrote:
puttz wrote:Kuba, if you really don't want to do it, I can take over the team for now and see if someone else might like to take it in later rounds.
Please run my team as well in my absence in case no one else is interested in doing so. :)
No problem.

By the way, I'm going to move the dates of races to Mondays as that will probably work better for me.

Edit: Heat and Mains videos are up!
Heats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPt-kf ... e=youtu.be
Mains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWD_oEu ... e=youtu.be
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

Those races were pretty good! :)

I think that sort the drivers scoring table by points would be better than by car's numbers.
Weiss was a bit of a let down on the A-Main after a really good Heat 4. Sanson did an awesome job using an unusual strategy.
The car seems to be near from what we've expected but there is still a lot of work to do on it.
At the end I'm happy with the results. We were one of the two teams with both cars on the last race!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

@JanVKoelic: Unfortunately the round didn't go as well as we wanted, we definitely expected more than that. Had a nice battle with @Steve_Sinzer though. I hope Dropez will bring us more luck.
@HeinerNeuer: Driving the AR2 feels great, that's for sure, but there's undoubtedly room for improvement @Mark_Welsh will look into in the meantime before Dropez. Anyhow, thanks to our fans, sponsors and suppliers! Your support will come in as helpful as any major update on our AR2s!
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Watched the videos; quite a race indeed... :D
[R]GARAGE Unsatisfied With Maple Result

[R]GARAGE, an Indonesian team debuting in the NAGRCA GT Series, didn't do well in the first round held at Maple. Although both of its drivers did fairly good and the cars are quite developed at this first stage, the lady luck isn't on its side. This is proven as both Shu Ito and Matias Maldanado, the drivers of the team, both finished fourth in their respective heats, failing their chance to appear in the Last Chance Dash, which eventually went to Ryan Bachelot and Dale Aceman in their respective heats they were in. Even though that they did escape the bad PR reputation, their performance could have been better.

Shu Ito had a fair fight with Ryan Bachelot for the third place, but failed to win it. "It was a close call," Ito said when he was reached by the press. "I had a good fight with him and tried to get past him but somehow I wasn't lucky enough. I missed quite a number of overtaking chances there." The Indonesian driver earlier qualified in 14th with a time of 16.61 seconds, 0.06 seconds slower than the last Top 12 qualifier Dale Aceman.

Meanwhile for Matias Maldanado, his luck was almost at the zero after escaping from Brandon Odor's slipstream in the fourth heat. "I was really at pressure," he stated, "Thankfully I didn't make a mistake, or else I'd be busted there." Maldanado also qualified six places lower than his teammate with a time of 16.87 seconds.

The sub-par result for the team causes the team's manager Rendy to quickly reflect what he should do with the cars. "Our cars were... well, neither slow nor fast," he stated during the team's press conference after the first race, "I thought that I've got the setting well but the result is far from satisfactory, so I am a little unsatisfied with the result."

When asked about facing the season's first Street Circuit race, Dropez, he answered that the environment will be a lot different than Maple and that Greg Farleigh, his team member who he trusted to train the drivers, would have a job in considering the drivers' strategies and flesh out their ability in the upcoming race.

"We have to make sure that we do well in the next couple of rounds, especially as we reach the fourth round," he added, referring to the Citos GP race that will be held on 23rd June, "We make sure that we could further our cars' development while wisely thinking what our moves will be throughout the future rounds."

The Circuit of Maple hosted the first round of NAGRCA GT Series, which was held on 6th June. The race was won by Volcano Motorsports driver Samuel Highcliff, who won the race after a close finish in the deciding 10-kilometer A-Main race. Destiny Racing's Rocco Salzani and Josep Lettenberg from Volcano Motorsports completed the podium.

-[R]GARAGE Press

puttz

Post by puttz »

By the way, there is a blog post about round 1 if anyone cares to read it :bsmile:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Oops, forget to set my team and such... oh well, more money for the next round!

Will you be sending us updated team sheets, or do we need to fill in prize money and such ourselves? I forgot how it worked the first time...
I like short, simple signatures!
puttz

Post by puttz »

You can fill it in yourself. If you aren't sure, you can ask me to fill in your sheet for you, but you'll have to provide me an email address to send it to. PM me if you want me to fill out your sheet.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

puttz wrote:You can fill it in yourself. If you aren't sure, you can ask me to fill in your sheet for you, but you'll have to provide me an email address to send it to. PM me if you want me to fill out your sheet.
Could you please help me with filling my sheet out with correct current data? You know my mailbox already. ^^
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
puttz

Post by puttz »

Oh, and also, I meant to post this before the race but forgot. I'm going to change a rule slightly: if your PR drops below a sponsor's minimum, instead of dropping you immediately, they will give you 1 race to bring your PR back up. If you fail to do that, then they will drop you.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Herbal wrote:
puttz wrote:You can fill it in yourself. If you aren't sure, you can ask me to fill in your sheet for you, but you'll have to provide me an email address to send it to. PM me if you want me to fill out your sheet.
Could you please help me with filling my sheet out with correct current data? You know my mailbox already. ^^
Can you do the same for me, please? I think I'm a little confused about some of the fields, it might be best to see an example...
I like short, simple signatures!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Races at Dropez are done, unfortunately due to time constraints the videos will not be posted until tomorrow. For those of you who do not want to wait, the standings and finishing order are available for you to view in the series sheet.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff