Special Event Tournament 2014/2015 - CANCELED

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Gzehoo

Special Event Tournament 2014/2015 - CANCELED

Post by Gzehoo »

COMPETITON CANCELED!

Topic archve:
Welcome,

If you think that I'm going to resign from Endurance Series - don't worry, it'll be kept. I'm just going to run another compo in the same time but I won't resign from anyone.
And here is topic about

It will be completely new competition created by me. There will be used special stage tracks, something like this and this (tracks are not finished yet but I'm going to finish this asap).

The competition idea is based on Race of Champions (ROC). There will be used two types of cars for each event. In all 8 events there will be 2 parts:

-Qualifs (Sunday) - everybody will start on both version of each track (random start places) with using both types of cars. Result from qualifs is the sum of time from both "races". Best 8 drivers from qualifs will start in Main Event.

-Main Event (Monday-Sunday) - as I said before, TOP8 drivers from Qualifs will start in Main Event which will be a ladder. How drivers from qualifs will be placed in ladder?

Quarter Finals (Deadline at Wednesday) - winner of each battle is the driver who won 2 races
QF1: 1st vs 8th
QF2: 4th vs 5th
QF3: 3rd vs 6th
QF4: 2nd vs 7th

Semi Finals (Deadline at Friday) - winner of each battle is the driver who won 2 races
SF1: QF1 vs QF2
SF2: QF3 vs QF4

Final (Deadline at Sunday) - winner of battle is the driver who won 3 races
SF1 vs SF2

There will be also a special ranking for this compo, TOP8 drivers from SET 2014/2015 ranking will go to Great Final (only ladder), also called SET 2014/2015 World Championship.

Point system:
[list]10p for the winner
7p for driver in final
5p for driver in semifinal
3p for every driver in quarterfinal (qualified)
1p for every driver who started but didn't qualified for Main Event[/list]

There will be 8 events in this compo + Great Final. Competition will start probably in October, as a break between Endurance races.

I'll try also to create a videos in YouTube to show all matches from SET instead of adding replays. There will be also something like "LiveTiming" on Special Event Tournament website where you can see current result of each "match".

To sign up this competition, write only your car colors (e.g. 255-255-255 & 255-0-0); unless you're starting first time in GR compos - nickname and nationality is needed.

If you have any question - write here. I'll try to answer.
Last edited by Gzehoo on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Rendy

Re: Special Event Tournament 2014/2015 - Discussion Topic

Post by Rendy »

What kind of cars will you feature in this compo? Are the selections based on Race of Champions or you have your own?
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

There will be 8 types of cars, some based on original ROC:
-KTM X-Bow
-Formula 1
-WRC
-WTCC
-Super GT3
-LMP1
-ROC Buggy
-UOGRC Rallycar

And because there will be 8 tournaments, every car will be used 2x, and for every tournament there will be 2 different cars.
Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Probably some people could think that I resign from this competition. But I'm not going to resign from that.

Competition is moved on November due to some works on SET website and competition pack and mainly because I'm also organizing Endurance Series.

But it doesn't mean that I didn't do anything with SET. Competition pack is ready, website is almost ready.

Login System would be also ready, if you're signed for Endurance Series, your login/password will be the same for Special Event Tournament.

Calendar is shorter, I decreased number of events to 6.
Also I don't know which car I'll use as 6th car. But rules about cars are the same: every car will be used 2x during season and for every event there are 2 different cars.

You can test pack, sign up in this topic/PM by writing only your car colors.

Weekend format is the same as I wrote earlier (Qualifs, TOP8 drivers go to ladder).

If you have any question - write.
Lambda Motosports

RobertRacer

Re: Special Event Tournament 2014/2015 [TT] [Ladder]

Post by RobertRacer »

I'll sign up here. :)

000-255-255/255-255-000
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Re: Special Event Tournament 2014/2015 - CANCELED

Post by Gzehoo »

I decided to cancel this competition due to low interest level and too much number of competitions.

At the end of it all, I'll be more concentrated on Endurance Series ;)
Lambda Motosports