NAGRCA V8 Supercars Season 4 [TT] [Race] [login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Westyno2

Re: NAGRCA V8 Supercars Season 4 [TT] [Race] [login]

Post by Westyno2 »

Well, we all make mistakes and after all it was my first race. Laughed at myself when i realised i forgot to add the .trk files :doh:

Puttz, i sent you a message regarding the screenshot issue, i hope to hear from you before the round ends so i can get my races in.

EDIT: Btw guys 1. are you aware that 'Phillip's Island' is actually spelt Phillip Island? And 2. I have physically been to and walked the track :D
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login for Bathurst is now posted, results will come sometime tomorrow hopefully.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Post by puttz »

Results of rounds 3 and 4 are up! Congrats to the top finishers :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
ACM

Post by ACM »

Looking at the results: man, I really DID throw away that round 3 victory (and a CLOSE victory—we would have had a race on our hands) AS WELL as a best lap. :( I would have been up there chasing down maclape in the standings, but instead I threw the championship away (unless maclape somehow suffers a catastrophic failure within the next half of the season).
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Huh, that's a bit unfair. Alonso gets a second login window for his problems with sending the files, I was happy to get my files sent at all (also the second or third try, later they were as well sent from a different mail address to get them delivered at all) and get a ten second penalty. Can you please tell me, when my login window started and when you recieved the files?

Also, my post on page four stayed unanswered:
XYY wrote:I think this week I found the best compromise for practising. Both my race and Time Trial felt good, so I hope I can get Top ten positions or even top 5 :)

puttz, I hope my files were sent early enough. I had troubles sending my zip to you and needed two or three tries until it worked.
puttz

Post by puttz »

The difference here is that Alonso didn't send his files at all with the first login before posting. I only gave him a second login window because he posted that he could not get files to upload at all. You actually got files sent to me, so I took those as your submission, late as it may have been. Sorry :vsad:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Do you want to leave it like this now? If I may summarize...
- I didn't cry as loud as Alonso (no offense, Alonso)
- I got the files sent.
- Both of us had a problem to submit the files on time because of technical problems
Result: I get a penalty, Alonso gets a second login. Fair or not? You decide. You are the organizer of this competition.

If the injustice will stay like this, Bathurst will be my last race in this competition.
puttz

Post by puttz »

I will leave it up to the racers here. What do you guys think should be done?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Buka

Post by Buka »

XYY's position has strong logic (except of elements of blackmail :notme: ). :2c:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

And because I'm his teammate, I can say, that XYY was right and didn't deserves the penalty.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Lee

Post by Lee »

I have same problem like xyy but my luck was
that i just drive winton and i have time to send files.
my attitude is that both Alonso and Xyy should
pass without punishment.
If you want to win, you must not lose!
zgr

Post by zgr »

I have nothing to do with this competitions, but because I sometimes had similar problems in FormulaCup I just say my opinion :D and IMO there are two opinions:
- Both get a penalty
- Both get NO penalty

In fact, when both get a penalty, Alonso will be...I say "not amused" about that, means stress, blabla...
When nobody gets a penatly, then other drivers will be sad about loosing one position, but this shouldn't be that tragical

But after I read some posts about XYY & Alonso's problems, both should get NO penalty :meditate:
Hello.
Westyno2

Post by Westyno2 »

I have no problem with XYZ getting his penalty overturned, his argument is reasonable enough.

What i do have a problem with is the fact i cant view the current results and standings. Have they been taken down until this issue is resolved or is my computer just being stupid?
Westyno2

Post by Westyno2 »

nevermind, got them.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

First of all, if you read carefully my post regarding uploading problem you'll see that I didn't request second login attempt.To be honest I was sure that I've thrown these races down the drain. But puttz was kind enough to allow me to log in again.
Anyway, I'll accept any kind of penalty, because after all it was my mistake.
No worries, I'll continue this great compo regardless of the decision.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Okay, so, what I'll do for this round is remove XYY's penalty, as that seems the more fair thing to do in this instance. In future rounds, however, to avoid a potential can of worms with someone saying "I couldn't upload files" when really they just had a crappy run and want a redo, I won't be granting reruns.

@Westyno2, you will probably have to hit refresh on the NAGRCA site each time new results are uploaded to see the new results. It probably has something to do with the host I use for the site.

Edit: Okay, updated results and point standings with the removal of XYY's penalty are up.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'm glad you rethought your decision. By the way - if you would have given both of us a penalty - it would have been acceptable for me too.

Now let's continue racing :bg:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Until when did we have to do the 50km of Bathurst?
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Technically the deadline is Sunday at 11:59pm GMT, but I don't think I'll be making results before late Monday. You will have until I take the login down. If you want to make sure it is in, race by the time stated above. :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Buka

Post by Buka »

Last 20 laps of Bathurst were really PITA :stretcher: But in general I liked this round pretty much. :bg:
Last edited by Buka on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

:iagree: It maked fun, but my first 5 laps and my last 3 laps were really bad. :ouch:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
ACM

Post by ACM »

Avoiding the pit exit road on Eastern Creek is going to be very tricky to judge. Exactly what threshold for penalty am I looking at here?—Is it any tire touching the pit road white line?
Westyno2

Post by Westyno2 »

Hey guys, due to a personal situation I'm no longer going to be able to race in all the races. I shall do my best to get results in whenever I can. Good luck :)
JHvP

Post by JHvP »

Agree with ACM, shortening through pit exit road can gain much time
puttz

Post by puttz »

In this case you must keep at least two wheels on the kerbs or tarmac around the first turn. If someone goes inside it accidentally a time or two on non-consecutive laps, no penalty will given, but if it happens more frequently there will be a penalty.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff