Single Exhibition Events Season 2 - Week 2 [Classic] [Mixed]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Single Exhibition Events Season 2 - Week 2 [Classic] [Mixed]

Post by Haruna »

Want to experience the wide world of racing, but don't have time to commit to a full season?
Perhaps you just want something a little different?

Then this mini-series is just the fit for you!
Single Exhibition Events
Season Two

Single Exhibition Events is back, and better than ever! There's an all-new line-up of events just begging for you to enter. And these events hardly take any time - a half hour is probably all you'll need to be competitive in them. For this season's group of SEE races, the organizers have changed up the general format, so races are (with exception of the first event) one week long, with all deadlines being on Sundays at midnight (GMT-5). This season also finally sees the addition of the first Chase and Time Trial events in SEE's history.

Each week brings two different event "divisions": Amateur League, with easy AI and simple event formats, and the Expert League, with tough new challenges.

Although each SEE event has unique conditions for each race, there are a large number of universal rules which apply to ALL SEE races and events:
1.0. General
1.1. All races will be played using the latest version of GeneRally - version 1.20c.
1.2. All drivers are welcome to race.
1.3. All race settings and restrictions will be posted in each event's presentation.
1.4. Post in this thread noting your interest, then you can simply complete your races and send them to harunagt1 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
1.4.1. What you'll need to send will be specified in the event presentations (past the rules and regulations).
1.5. No modification of the car or track. You will be notified by race administration if you have raced with wrong or modded cars/tracks.
1.6. I'd put a rule saying no game speeds below 100%, but we'll be using 1.20c - so there isn't such a rule, because the game already enforces it.
1.7. You can choose to race at as many of the locations available per event you would like. If you want to race at only one or two of the locations, it's fine.

2.0. During the Race
2.1. Unless otherwise stated, you must keep at least two wheels on the track at all times.
2.2. Unless otherwise stated, you must start from 6th (or last) position!
2.3. Kerbs and "tarmac extensions" ARE considered part of the track. If said tarmac is separated by off-road surface however, it cannot be used!
2.4. You are free to push, barge, and otherwise wreck the AI cars, but it's a waste of time.
2.4.1. EXCEPTION - In "Chase" events, you cannot push, barge, or otherwise attempt to wreck the leading AI car.
2.5. Unless specified, you are not allowed to change the AI's cars or names - feel free to change their colors if you want, though.
2.6. Without exception, you have to post a screen shot of the race results.
2.6.1. As quite a few of the cars do not make skidmarks at the start, you must also take a screenshot prior to an attempt, and you must start the attempt within 30 seconds.
CLARIFICATION #1: The start of an attempt occurs once the lights on the top-left of the screen appear. You must take your screenshot when the track information is being shown.

3.0. Event Types
3.1. "Single Race" - One race against multiple AI drivers over a set distance.
3.2. "Speed Lap" - Player is on his/her own on the track. The goal is to set the fastest lap possible. All Speed Lap races will be seven laps.
CLARIFICATION #1: You may end the session prematurely if you feel you cannot improve upon your best lap, or if you somehow get stuck off track and cannot recover the car. But please - try to run all seven laps.
CLARIFICATION #2: The winner is decided run-by-run - so in other words, if a Speed Lap event has multiple runs or locations, the winner is decided at each run/location.
3.3. "Time Trial" - As with Speed Lap, player is on his/her own on the track. The goal is to set the fastest overall time (cumulative total of all laps).
3.4. "Chase" - A Single Race where the player is far behind and must catch up, or is far ahead and must avoid being caught by AI in much faster cars.
3.4.1. To win a Chase event, you must win by as large a margin as possible. Failing that, you must minimize the margin of defeat as much as possible.
3.4.2. In the case you are lapped OR you lap the fastest opponent, tie breakers are determined by distance traveled, then by time taken (faster times win).
3.5. "One-on-One" - A Single Race against one AI opponent.
3.6. "Tournament" - A series of the same events.
3.6.1. Scoring is as follows - 10 (1st) / 8 (2nd) / 6 (3rd) / 5 (4th) / 4 (5th) / 3 (6th) / 2 (7th) / 1 (8th) - with one bonus point for the fastest lap.
CLARIFICATION: Drivers are scored based on their placings in each _individual_race_. The winner of the tournament will be the driver that has the most points at the end of the series.
3.6.2. Tiebreakers in case of a tie: Most wins / Most 2nd place finishes / Most 3rd place finishes / Most fastest laps / Total time across all races / Time Attempt was Sent
Current Events and Schedule
Amateur Level
Rollcage Association Cup
"For the Breakbeat Generation, the original sound... we'll bring it down! Check it!"
-- E-Z Rollers, "Breakbeat Generation"
Event Type: Single Race x 1
From January 11th, 2015 to January 17th, 2015
Download game pack here
Files to send: E02A_<your name>.sav, E02A_<your name>.trk, E02A_<Your name>_Start.bmp, E02A_<Your name>_End.bmp

Settings:
Race Distance: 5 laps
Fuel Consumption: 0% or higher
Fuel Mass: 0 kg or higher
Tire Wear: 0% or higher
Damage: 0% or higher (Rollcage cars are indestructible!)

Car Information:
Take control of one of these newfangled "Rollcage" contraptions, with high grip, massive weight, and plenty of power.
Subsonic Taipan - ??? hp, MA, ??? kg, Future Vehicle: Rollcage, Performance Rating: 70.0 (estimated)

Opponents:
(format: Full Name - A. Breviation - AI Level - Background Info)
Aoi Kiryu - Aoi - AI level 75 - A cool, level-headed chick
Honoka Futaba - Honoka - AI level 60 - Mature but with a... questionable sense of direction
Satomi Makise - Satomi - AI level 65 - The "typical" cutesy and upbeat girl
Taichi Hayami - Taichi - AI level 50 - A pretty typical slice-of-life anime hero
Expert Level
Extreme-G Grand Prix
"In a race where losing is not an option; the only way to survive is to stay on two wheels. Live. Earn. BURN."
-- Extreme-G III Introduction Movie
Event Type: Single Race x 1
From January 11th, 2015 to January 17th, 2015
Download game pack here
Files to send: E02B_<your name>.sav, E02B_<Your name>.trk, E02B_<Your name>_Start.bmp, E02B_<Your name>_End.bmp

Settings:
Race Distance: 5 laps
Fuel Consumption: 0% or higher
Fuel Mass: 0 kg or higher
Tire Wear: 0% or higher
Damage: 0% or higher (Trust me, you'll WANT no damage!)

Car Information:
Well, not really a car, but a very fast bike. Careful not to crash it at its maximum speed, things tend to get ugly if you do.
Extreme G-3 250-G - ??? hp, MR, ??? kg, Future Vehicle: Extreme G 250-G, Performance Rating: 125.0 (estimated)

Opponents:
(format: Full Name - In-game Name - AI Level - Background Info)
Aoko Aozaki - Aoko - AI level 70 - Known by some as "Miss Blue", the "Magic Blue Gunner"; clearly a better shooter than a racer
Arcueid Brunestud - Arcueid - AI level 100 - A vampire princess. I wish I were making this up.
Arturia Pendragon - Arturia - AI level 105 - It's King Arthur. But she's a girl! I wish I were making that up, too.
Canaan - Canaan - AI level 95 - An elite mercenary! Be thankful GR doesn't have weapons...
Ryougi Shiki - Ryougi - AI level 90 - A girl who can see the "killing point" of everything! Not making that up either...
Upcoming Events
This season has finished!
Concluded Events
Week 1
Current Entrants:
RobertRacer
NicolasP
Buka
Gzehoo
DanRos
Shuher
kuba
Last edited by Haruna on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:58 am, edited 15 times in total.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
RobertRacer

Re: Single Exhibition Events Season 2 [Classic] [Mixed]

Post by RobertRacer »

Genial idea! I'll sign up; Nick:RobertRacer
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

I want to sign up:
NicolasP
Condor Alpha (if i could use team)
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

NicolasP wrote:Condor Alpha (if i could use team)
This is a free-for-all series, drivers race for themselves only. Though you could share hints with other racers, but there are no 'teams' for SEE.

NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

And the Start .bmp file is when are showed the name and information of the track, or when sound the ding?
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

"Prior to the start of an attempt" means before the start of the countdown. You need the track information to be showing. This will be amended as a clarification, thank you.

NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Thank you for explain all. ;)
Buka

Post by Buka »

I'm definitely in! :bg:

A bit of advertising: I've done nearly 150 championships and I absolutely sure that Haruna's competitions were among the best of them (but also they were the most undervalued among of them :hide: ).
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

I'm interested to start here.

It's non-login, right?
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

@Buka: Glad to see you once more! Hope this season we'll SEE more and fierce competition on exhibition from you and our fellow drivers.
Gzehoo wrote:I'm interested to start here.

It's non-login, right?
Hi Gzehoo, yes, this is a no log-in series. Just do your runs as best as you'd like and send them over. The files you need to send are outlined in each of the event presentations.

Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

I´m in

Nick: DanRos

Maybe I´m to stupid to find it (there is a good chance for that) but where to i have send my files to
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Daniel Rosenberger wrote: Maybe I´m to stupid to find it (there is a good chance for that) but where to i have send my files to
Refer to Section 1.4 of the rules in the first spoiler, it's harunagt1 (AT) gmail (DOT) com.

Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Thank you DanRos for sending in your files.
You all still have another six days to send in new attempts, please don't forget!

Buka

Post by Buka »

Just to be sure: we can choose car in the Time Attack event, right?
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Yes, in Sopot Drift you can choose between the JUN Lancer Evo X or the Top Secret 350Z. ;)
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

NicolasP wrote:Yes, in Sopot Drift you can choose between the JUN Lancer Evo X or the Top Secret 350Z. ;)
Nicolas, please do not try to backseat organize. I will answer a competitor's questions, your job here is to drive.

To answer Buka's question, yes, Buka, you must choose between one or the other. The event-specific rules do not specify that you must run both cars, so you are allowed only the choice of one or the other. If for some reason you decide to submit runs in both cars, I will only take the better of the two runs.

NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Haruna wrote:
NicolasP wrote:Yes, in Sopot Drift you can choose between the JUN Lancer Evo X or the Top Secret 350Z. ;)
Nicolas, please do not try to backseat organize. I will answer a competitor's questions, your job here is to drive.
Sorry Haruna, this will not happen again. :sorry:
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

3 days left to turn your times in for the first week of events! I've received times from Buka and DanRos so far.

Shuher

Post by Shuher »

Howdy, people!
I'd like to enter also. Just one question - is the amateur event actually "Speed lap" (hotlap), or "Time trial". Didn't found definition of "Time attack" in the spoilers, sorry...
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Shuher wrote:Howdy, people!
I'd like to enter also. Just one question - is the amateur event actually "Speed lap" (hotlap), or "Time trial". Didn't found definition of "Time attack" in the spoilers, sorry...
Whoops! I meant to say that the event is a Time Trial! The event description has been amended accordingly. :sorry: Thank you for pointing this out to me!

Buka

Post by Buka »

Shuher wrote:Howdy, people!
Wow, are you the same Shuher?
maclape

Post by maclape »

A FSS original?!
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Two days remain between you guys and the deadline for the first week of events.

Shuher

Post by Shuher »

Buka wrote:Wow, are you the same Shuher?
Yep =)
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Shuher wrote:
Buka wrote:Wow, are you the same Shuher?
Yep =)
Nice to see an old face here. Hope you'll put up a good fight for us :bg: