PGR F1 World Championship 2015 [HL/Race] [Login] - AWARD

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
RobertRacer

Re: PGR F1 World Championship 2015 [HL/Race] [Login]

Post by RobertRacer »

Yes. They still are available.

BTW, I want to say, that the 2nd seat at my team is occupied. My potential driver(s) must test the cars until the decision to drive here or not. :)

And BTW 2.0: When are the test cars/game pack ready?
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Daniel Rosenberger wrote:Are the Force India Cars still available?
Yes, both of them.
RobertRacer wrote:And BTW 2.0: When are the test cars/game pack ready?
Usually not more than 2 weeks before the season opener. What I said to Buka was that I planned to reveal the calendar very shortly after the F1 Australian GP because I wanted to finish the car pack first, which would be necessary for a game pack.
But as I'd like to have all the short noses and a proper Manor livery (that pale red color with all the stickers removed but yet visible can't be the real one, can it!?), I will probably give you a test pack containing Catalunya and only one of the cars, maybe a customly paintable one.

Right now, I am speaking to majortom about his take on the calendar, a possible public testing session and the car physics. If we can agree on everything, that test pack will be out very shortly. If we, for whatever reason, need to put off the season opener to the last possible weekend in April, I will hold back the test pack and give you the final version of the game pack right after the F1 Chinese GP. That would be 2 weeks before our first GP and enough time for the real F1 teams to finally sort out their liveries and spare parts. :)
karting

Post by karting »

Any spaces free for me?

(also will the login be open only over weekends or week days too? As i dont have access to a computer at home, but do in my office at work
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Well, the only 2 (really) free spaces are the 2 spots at Force India. My 2nd driver spot is also free, but not open anymore. I have 2 drivers, from whose I'll choose one.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
RudyOosterndijk

karting wrote:Any spaces free for me?
(also will the login be open only over weekends or week days too? As i dont have access to a computer at home, but do in my office at work
Hi karting! Thanks for showing interest.
What Robert says is correct: only both Force India seats are still available - for the moment. There are, however, more drivers (DanielRosenberger, Buka, Doncamillo, one of the second Caterham drivers, at least one other PGR.de driver, ...) that would like to participate. So what I can say for certain is that the initial amount of constructors will not suffice and that we will introduce a couple of additional team later. Don't worry, there will be enough seats for everyone at any point of time during the season.

Secondly, the login is open all week: Monday to Wednesday (22:00 GMT) for qualifying and Thursday to Sunday (22:00 GMT) for the race. So if you wish to compete during your working hours ( ;) ), there should be no problem.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:There are, however, more drivers (DanielRosenberger, Buka, Doncamillo, one of the second Caterham drivers, at least one other PGR.de driver, ...) that would like to participate.
One of them is a PGR.de driver. :shhh:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

Nickname: DanRos
Nationality: Austria
Number: 20
F1 Constructor: tba (maybe Force India but i will wait to see if someone is interested also and what other Constuctors may join)
GeneRally Team: tba
Shuher

Post by Shuher »

I'm interested in joining as well, but waiting for downloads. Looking for team either.
RudyOosterndijk

:cflag: 2015 PGR F1 Calendar :cflag:

Finally! The PGR F1 Calendar is out - including the dates of all 15 rounds! As expected there are no changes made concerning the Grand Prix circuits.

Before the season opener there is going to be an official week of testing on Circuit de Catalunya (30/04 - 05/04). Hereby all partipants will be given the opportunity to test the new cars and experiment on the fuel mass. Feedback shall be included in the final version of the game.

There will a special game pack exclusively for this test, which contains, beside the testing track, one or more version(s) of the new car. As usual, the final game pack will be available for download shortly before the season opener.
Fiołek

Post by Fiołek »

Where is the pack for this season?? ;)
"Nie spać, zwiedzać,
Wszystkich wyprzedzać
Nie bać się grać,"
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Rudy said that at the PGR.de Shoutbox:
RudyOosterndijk wrote:When I'd have time to test today the balance in limit with the downforce and the car goes with 20-30kg fuel with full throttle though the Eau Rouge, but not though the last Montréal chicane, then the pack would be ready.
So, we don't have to wait much. ;)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
RudyOosterndijk

The race is on! The PGR F1 test game pack is available for download here.

Settings

So far the settings for both Qualifying and Race remain the same. Only the fuel mass is reintroduced to the series. The settings, however, are subject to change, which depends on your feedback.

The Qualifying has undergone another important change: The "race length" is now reduced to only 5 laps (including the warm-up lap).

The settings for the coming week are as follows:

QUALIFYING:
Palette: Dry.pal
Race length: 5 Laps
Tyre wear: 0%
Fuel consumption: 0%
Fuel mass: 15kg
Damage: 20%

RACE:
Palette: Dry.pal
Race length: 24km
Tyre wear: 12%
Fuel consumption: 5%
Fuel mass: 85kg
Damage: 20%
Number of AIs: 5
Starting Order: Points (when human player selected first)

The starting order has been changed to points because every participant who successfully qualified for a Race now starts out of his own grid box and always in front of the AIs.
During the coming week, however, individual grid slots are not yet available.

Login

During the week of testing you will be able to try the login. You can hereby login for both Qualifying and Race during the whole period of 7 days. Just select the respective session on our login page. Your nickname and your password was sent to you via mail earlier today.
The login has been reverted to its classic version. There will be Competition Zipper attached to the final game pack, helping you to collect all relevant files: screenshot, savegame, login track.

... what else

During the following week there will be live feed on our homepage, providing you with all the important results and information.

Lastly, we really appreciate your feedback. Please tell us about anything you would like to improve. Feel free to test your own combination of settings.

Links

- Test Pack.zip
- Login-Page
- Send files here
Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

Where is my login info?
RudyOosterndijk

Mszostus wrote:Where is my login info?
It is supposed to be in your mailbox. I will ask majortom about it as I can't check this particular mail myself. :)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Update to the 2nd Windblitz Motorsports/Caterham seat:

This weekend (Friday-Sunday) I'll confirm, who will get the 2nd seat in the team. So, patience, guys. :)

The late confirmation of the 2nd driver is, that one of the both possible drivers can't play until Friday. :shhh:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Rennfahrer

Post by Rennfahrer »

Very interesting news! I´m already excited who the new man will be!

Btw: I have just done my first login in the testing week and my time should be shown on the PGR F1 Website in a few minutes. Anyone who wants to compete with me? My time isn´t even that good, so don´t be afraid... :D
PGR F1 2015 Driver

Toro Rosso Skill Racing

64.Rennfahrer
88.Maex
Daniel Rosenberger

Re: PGR F1 World Championship 2015 [HL/Race] [Login] - TESTI

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

I can only drive one session and when i start another one the game crashes
RudyOosterndijk

Daniel Rosenberger wrote:I can only drive one session and when i start another one the game crashes
I will take a look later tonight.

EDIT: Sorry, I can't reproduce your problem. What exactly did you do until the game crashed?
Shuher

Post by Shuher »

Just tried it. The car feels cool and seems rather similar to real F1, but more comfortable to drive.
The distance will be considered long nowdays... That suits me :)
RudyOosterndijk

Shuher wrote:Just tried it. The car feels cool and seems rather similar to real F1, but more comfortable to drive.
The distance will be considered long nowdays... That suits me :)
Nice to hear that. After quite a lot of running I am not perfectly happy with the car physics any more and especially with the size of the model. But don't expect fundamental changes. There will be a car that does not powerslide all the time. It will be able to take Eau Rouge flat with empty tanks and still be drivable in Monaco.
Shuher

Post by Shuher »

Keep in mind, that GR is arcade, not sim. Fun is the first priority here :)
RudyOosterndijk

Shuher wrote:Keep in mind, that GR is arcade, not sim. Fun is the first priority here :)
Yup, definitely. Last year's car was very much liked according to our survey. It was a little more tail-happy on the throttle. This year's version has basically evolved from the old one. I lowered the air resistance in exchange for less power to have a better power-to-weight-ratio in order to get rid of that powersliding.
I needed to lower the weight of the car as well due to the reintroduction of fuel mass to the series, which quite a lot of people explicitly asked for.
The rest was about fine-tuning the balance and the downforce within a very small range. And this is what I am still thinking about. On some tracks I quite liked the way the car gets around the corners but there are some exceptions especially with low fuel and worn tyres.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Sooo, we need new constructors.....

Which one you'll create here?
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
RudyOosterndijk

The first car I made was a Brawn. I don't know why but the initial model reminded be of one. I will probably add another constructor to the pack - just in case. Suggestions?
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:The first car I made was a Brawn. I don't know why but the initial model reminded be of one. I will probably add another constructor to the pack - just in case. Suggestions?
HRT, Spyker, Minardi, Jordan, Honda and maybe AGS. :shhh:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff