Race of Champions 2016 [Race] [Login] - - Finished!

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
RobertRacer

Re: Race of Champions 2016 [Race] [Login] - - Qualification

Post by RobertRacer »

Drawning for Round 1:
[center]Welcome to the today's draw for the 1st Round of the Race of Champions 2016! :clap: :clap:

After a weak placed Qualifier round the 12 drivers for the RoC are determined! Like you have already seen, they're in 3 Pots. Pot 1 will get in on the Quarter-Finals. They have one free week, the rest will start this Sunday. Pot 2 will drive on version A against Pot 3 who is driving on version B of the Torun RoC track!

Anyway. 8 drivers, 8 cars, 4 duels. Who will drive against who? We'll see right now!

-------

The first driver set is the Polish Mszostus! And he must go against GR Driver! In the PGRF1 Mszostus proved to be much faster then GR Driver, on GRID: Hat-trick Mszostus was also a little bit faster, but not that much. The car could decide that duel, which Mszostus could go as favorite.

And the car for them is the Lotus Exige Series 3. A sports car. While GR Driver don't have experience with such cars, Mszostus's time in GTT could help him.

--------

Draw Number 2, and the first driver is Yankess. A very fast Polish driver. GRTCC Champion in Spring 2015 and with much experience in GRPL F1. He must go against ACM! A very exciting battle already. Both never drove against each other, but from the clean performance, both should be on the same level.

The CheetahGGT will be the used car for them. A little bit in favor of ACM, familiar with similar V8 Supercars. But, we won't know who won until we know who won.

--------

Let's go on. Duel number 3 will be on the one side between Trigger Happy. On the other side will be Zegarek. Zegarek was, before 2015 dominating in GRFGP and was the first in the (sportly not very interesting) Qualifier. TriggerHappy also made some good results, the performance won't give someone the status of a favorite.

They will use the Lambda PN3/15 LeMans Prototype (3). Trigger Happy have experience with these kind of cars, Zegarek not. A advantage for Trigger Happy?

--------

The last duel is, from the side who will drive, clear. It'll be Gzehoo against DanRos. A often seen duel, as they're participating in many championships. But Gzehoo is the favorite here, as he have proven to be faster then the Austrian.

The only unclear aspect is the car. Until now. Then they'll be driving a CheetahGGT, already the 2nd appearance of this car. Both know these type of car, but they have never actually droven it, only similar cars. But as they have around as same experience in this sort of car, it's won't really affect the chances of both.

Now here in short.

Version A-Version B--Car

Mszostus---GR Driver; Lotus Exige Series 3
Yankess---ACM; CheetahGGT
TriggerHappy---Zegarek; Lambda PN3/15
Gzehoo---DanRos; Cheetah GGT

The duels are scheduled on this Sunday. The winners will drive on Version B against the Pot 1 drivers Maclape, Kuba, Alonso or RobertRacer.[/center]
Last edited by RobertRacer on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

What about me and DanRos? :shhh:
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

It's like a real live-ticker. It'll be actualized every few minutes. ;)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

How the f*** did I managed to win the qulifiers?!?! :shock:

[Edit]: Saw the replay, damn...
But that one pit-stop by DanRos where he had to return...sorry, but i had to laugh :D
Hello.
GR Driver

Post by GR Driver »

zgr wrote:How the f*** did I managed to win the qulifiers?!?! :shock:

[Edit]: Saw the replay, damn...
But that one pit-stop by DanRos where he had to return...sorry, but i had to laugh :D
Simple, most are qualified already. :D

Me going against Mszoustus will be tough. I know, he's a very good competitor on track, you may find out, when you see him easily going toe to toe with the best.
Lotus Exige Series 3: As I' don't know what to expect of this car, I've to take this strictly seriously.
?
. ?
. ?

PGR F1 Driver in?
"I´m proud to be back as GR Driver in the world of GeneRally in the year 2015!"
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Login infos sent. The drivers who got their login info at the Qualifiers use the same Login as before. ;)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

BTW, use the AI RoC for every RoC round.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
ACM

Post by ACM »

RobertRacer(via pm) wrote:RoC 2016 Login
Wait... what??...

I didn't sign up to get in. I mean, no one told me this was one of those events you had to opt out of.

I didn't prepare for this at all. I haven't even raced in ages.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Login is ready. Sorry for the delay, guys. It's been a crazy week thanks to a monster snow storm that came through my area.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

@Puttz: Thanks

@ACM: Everyone who qualified over a series or over GWR Top3 gets the invitation to RoC automaticly. You won V8 Supercars 2015, this is your invitation card. ;)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
ACM

Post by ACM »

Okay, well, since I did not formally accept your invitation, am I permitted to just opt out then? I can participate for you if I absolutely must, but my enthusiasm for this game has sort of completely dropped off since last summer.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

You can, but you don't have to.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Remember, only 4 hours to go!
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

You should change topic name to Main Event instead Qualification.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
RobertRacer

Re: Race of Champions 2016 [Race] [Login] - - Main Event

Post by RobertRacer »

Thanks for noticing me. ;)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

what an awful race, just tried NOT to touch the wall :D
but i hope the best
Hello.
ACM

Post by ACM »

Bleh, made the plunge anyway.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Until finding login info in PM a minute ago I hadn't notice I was supposed to take a part, sorry. :shrug: Congrats to zgr and good luck in quarter final. :)
zgr

Post by zgr »

Trigger Happy wrote:Until finding login info in PM a minute ago I hadn't notice I was supposed to take a part, sorry. :shrug: Congrats to zgr and good luck in quarter final. :)
I feel sorry and it's a shame you found your login just some minutes ago :worried: I really was looking for this duel, because I wanted to see how other drivers handle the track
But thank you very much, I try my best :)
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Results of Round 1:

[center] 1:11,88 Mszostus ---GR Driver 1:11,97 (+0,09s) (Lotus Exige Series 3)
1:10,30 (+2,38s) Yankess---ACM 1:07,92 (CheetahGGT)
DNF TriggerHappy--- Zegarek 1:12,86 (Lambda PN3/15)
1:11,71 Gzehoo ---DanRos 1:13,90 (+2,19s) (Cheetah GGT)[/center]

The 1st Round is finished with 7 of 8 drivers finishing the Round. ACM, who drove the first time a racing car since a while, won with a dominating fashion against Yankess, the GRTCC champion. Also, Gzehoo won unsurprisingly against DanRos. But the closest duel was the first one. Mszostus just won by 0.09 seconds against the German GR Driver. The replay is worth watching. ;) Zegarek won by default, as TriggerHappy didn't drove, even when he wanted.

Shortly: Mszostus, ACM, Zegarek and Gzehoo come to Quarter-Finals
Notes:
-TriggerHappy didn't found login.
-Due to communication error between organisators, everyone drove on B-Track. This will be changed to Quarter-Final
Replay:
Round 1 Replay.rar
(128.69 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

The Drawing for Quarter-Finals will be held at 20:00 CET.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

Well, I expected this result.

good luck for the next rounds Gzehoo :bg:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

I'll start earlier because I am sick. :ouch: So, because I can regenerate more....

Drawing for Quarter-Finals:
[center]Welcome to the Drawing for the Quarter-Finals. 4 Drivers already ended their RoC experience after Round 1. Especially GRTCC S4 Champion Yankess, who lost badly against ACM. So, ACM could become a favorite here.

But first, let's see who will drive against whom. The drivers from Pot 1, who could skip Round 1, Maclape, Kuba, Alonso and RobertRacer will drive on A-Version against winning drivers from Round 1 (Mszostus, ACM, Zegarek and Gzehoo) on B-Version.

For the Group-B drivers RobertRacer would be a dream to have him as opponent, as he isn't as strong as the rest. On the other side, Maclape would be a nightmare. Also for the A-Drivers ACM could very fast become a nightmare.

Anyway, let's start!

-------------

The first drivers are picked. Alonso must drive against the hardest of the Round 1 drivers. ACM. As he have beaten Yankess with no problems, it could be, that ACM would kick out Alonso out of the RoC. But we'll see. And the car stays a CheetahGGT!!!! With the same car ACM have beaten Yankess in Round 1. Clear a advantage for ACM, or maybe not? Alonso is leading the 2016 GTT championship now. He have experience with GT cars. But will it still help him against ACM, who already used this car?

----------

Duel 2. This time RobertRacer will start in RoC. Against Mszostus. After he (very closely) have beaten GR Driver Mszostus could eliminate the 2nd German Driver. But, when everything is going after RobertRacer's plans, he can beat Mszostus, as he did in PGRF1 sometimes. But usually, it'd be Mszostus, who is in the favorite rule.

Their car will be the ACB Dash GTC2. Both drivers have experience with TouringCars, but Mszostus never drove a car of the GTC2 classification, the younger brother of the GTC1 cars. But, the last time RobertRacer drove a GTC2 car, he won the Polish Touring Car Championship. So, we'll be excited, who will win there.

-----------

We're going to Duel 3 now. Now it's going up to the 2015 RoC winner, 2015 GWR World Champion and 2015 PGRF1 champion Maclape. And his opponent will be easy, as it's Gzehoo. No need to say more about this.

The car for this round however, will be the Ariel Atom. A car, which have proven to have very much understeer. Who will come the best with it? And don't forget. One crash, and the RoC could be over.

---------

Last duel, last drivers. Of course the last duel will be Kuba vs Zegarek. A prestigious duel from the GRFGP in 2014 over the title, which the German won after a very long lead from the Polish Kuba, though. 2015 however, Kuba lost his pace from 2014 and ended up in the Midfield. Let's see, what will happen there.

And their cars will be cars, which aren't really made for 100% concrete tracks, like the RoC track in Torun. It's the MCar RX16. Only Kuba, Global Rallycross Series champion knows this type of car, but the car itself, is unknown by the drivers. But Kuba seems to have an advantage.

Now, every duel in short form:

Alonso---ACM; CheetahGGT
RobertRacer---Mszostus; ACB Dash GTC2
Maclape---Gzehoo; Ariel Atom
Kuba---Zegarek; Mcar RX16.

Every duel will be held on Sunday; Deadline 23:59 CET.[/center]
Last edited by RobertRacer on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Gzehoo wrote:Image
@Gzehoo: For you.

Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

I'm so sorry Gzehoo :(

So because we use Memes now
Kuba & me are like
Zegarek vs Kuba.png
:D let's hope for a good fight, specially with these sliding cars :twisted: really looking forward to this :bg:
Hello.