PGR F1 World Championship 2016 [HL/Race] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Re: PGR F1 World Championship 2016 [HL/Race] [Login]

Post by majortom »

Results PGR F1 2016 Round 04
Spanish GP - Jerez - Qualifying

Full Size

Spanish Driver on Pole in Spain - Congrats to maclape :wow:

Replay of fastest 6 drivers: link

Every Driver with Quali starts from position corresponding to his Quali position.
All Drivers without Quali must start from Pitlane.

Dry Weather for the Race. Don't forget to change AI Cars back to dry.

Special tracks with different startboxes will be created for all Drivers and shall be ready on Thursday.

Login for Race is ready on Friday 0:00 - Good Luck
Buka

Post by Buka »

The only point of qualifying - not to start from pits. Leaders are just freakishly fast. :meditate:
zgr

Post by zgr »

Eeehh, ffs, should write it down in the calendar...but I have to say, I would qualify dead-last, because I practise on wet cars and made 29.xx times...just change it now and make obviously some time...
Buka wrote:...Leaders are just freakishly fast. :meditate:
Yea, this is quite hard to find some time, even when I made a almost perfect time...and then you see this times :scared:
Hello.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

You are talking as if you didn't have replays. Watch carefully, analyse and eventually you'll see whare you are losing. Results under 25 seconds are nothing supernatural and achievable for pretty much everyone after some proper practice. My qf run was very mediocre (but considering amount of time I spent on track I do appreciate that 1 point) with two massive mistakes but still under 25 and still far from "perfect time".

Congrats to the front row.
zgr

Post by zgr »

Lorenzo wrote:You are talking as if you didn't have replays. Watch carefully, analyse and eventually you'll see whare you are losing. Results under 25 seconds are nothing supernatural and achievable for pretty much everyone after some proper practice. My qf run was very mediocre (but considering amount of time I spent on track I do appreciate that 1 point) with two massive mistakes but still under 25 and still far from "perfect time".

Congrats to the front row.
I have the replays and of course I try to watch them. But to watch, analyze them and find the time...and then try to make it your run, that are two different things. And of course you need proper practise, that's right.
Hello.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Lorenzo wrote:You are talking as if you didn't have replays. Watch carefully, analyse and eventually you'll see whare you are losing.
Poor people are lazy, aren't they?
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

The lap times of the front-runners have been very much on the same level since the beginning of the season. Maclape, Lorenzo and Alonso have all had an off-week, when their performance was worse than expected.
Judging by my own standards, Sepang, Istanbul and Jerez were not supernaturally fast but on the same level as my practice times. Only Melbourne was way quicker than I thought but that's the same story every single year.

Practice is a very important part of your performance in qualifying because it helps consistency once you have reached your personal limits. XYY, who is a great hot lapper, told me that he is not able to replicate his lap times when it really matters because he is lacking some more practice time. Rennfahrer, who was on pole in Malaysia, is just another case.

Understandably, there are other drivers outside the top 5 who don't really mind what happens on Wednesday because they are in no good position to score qualifying points or they just don't mind their grid position because it does not really make a difference on Sunday unless they have to start from the pit lane. If they all had the time for practice or an incentive to spend more time on it, the gaps between the very front and the chasing group and the midfield would certainly be smaller.

I might take a look at the qualifying times of the past few years and make a comparison.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Practice helps consistency, I agree, but not the speed. As I wrote several posts higher, I raced nearly 120 practice laps before Malaysia qualification and all I managed to achieve was 29.23 (in practice, not in qualification). It was half a second slower than Rennfahrer and wouldn't be good enough even for a third place (one point). I have this troubles in hotlaps since 2005, and so words 'train harder' from speedster seems like making fun of me.
RudyOosterndijk

Buka wrote:I have this troubles in hotlaps since 2005, and so words 'train harder' from speedster seems like making fun of me.
I can see where your impression is coming from. But I think it is just everybody feeling offended by words that have not explicitly been said or meant. And Lorenzo being sensitive towards the topic of what he calls 'supernatural' lap times is not surprising either.

I would disagree that practice does not help lap time. Personally, I race against my own ghost until I found the quickest ways through most corners before I switch it off and go around "blindly". However, it is true that on some tracks like Melbourne even 1000 laps would not suffice to catch up to our front-runners. And on some other occasions it takes me quite some hundredths of laps before it clicks. So you might still have something in the bag.
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Here are the Tracks for practice:
Jerez Grid

Some small changes:

Jerez - Race Changes

1,2) Added sunk tyres to the pit entry. Wider lines into the pits will be
punished as "leaving the track [...] and gaining an advantage".
3) Changed the beginning of the pitwall to help cars make the turn.
4) The white line right behind the pits and the second speed limiter may be crossed.
5) Added cones to the exit lane to prevent drivers from turning in too early.
6) Further added 2 sunk tyres to punish short-cuts when entering the track.

There is no "white line at the pit exit".

Login for Race comming soon ...
zgr

Post by zgr »

@Buka @Rudy: I wasn't talking about supernatural laptimes. But in fact, many people just have the "speed" like Lorenzo, Maclape, ...
Like you guys said it, when I have the time, I try to do as many laps as I can, but still (of course with some improvement) I can't reach the time. Today I was making like 100 laps this afternoon... a high 24.xx was pretty good IMO, but still...

With replays and different lines, the best I can do is still 0.5 seconds slower then the best guys at Jerez
Hello.
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

ZGR you have time for coments and training and no time so starts?
zgr

Post by zgr »

Mszostus wrote:ZGR you have time for coments and training and no time so starts?
... From monday until Wednesday I was learning a lot and working. Of course I had some minutes to do the qualifying, but blame me for simply forgetting it :ashamed:
Hello.
RudyOosterndijk

Quick note about the palettes
For Jerez we actually planned to run the "Dry - Hockenheim" palette, which darkens the blue color of the kerbs all around the track. Please keep in mind that all dry palettes may be used interchangeably - but only the dry palettes! Some of them might not work properly with all tracks but we wouldn't mind you using them.

However, we are rather strict when the weather conditions are supposed to be mixed or wet. Running a dry palette under these circumstances will wind up in a time penalty.

Previous winners

majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Results PGR F1 2016 Round 04
Spanish GP - Jerez - Race

Very close fight of the Big Three!
Congrats to the Winner :winner:

Some Racer want to look replays first, so you find all results by link:

Replays: link
Results Race: link
Drivers WM: link
Teams WM: link
Data.txt: link

Replay includes zinc1610 now.

Login for Qualifying in Monaco is ready.
Weather is wet - change Car and Palette - Rest as dry.
Good Luck
RudyOosterndijk

Buka

Post by Buka »

My best quote ever. :D
majortom wrote:Results PGR F1 2016 Round 04
I missed the race because my "confidence was s**t, close to zero" :sweatdrop: ;)
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Stupid AI on the chickane 11-12 and I lost 7th place :/

But at least first point in this season.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

How do you check these replays :P again, severe corner-cutting at 6:41, by Guess Who.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Lorenzo wrote:How do you check these replays :P again, severe corner-cutting at 6:41, by Guess Who.
Actually, yes, it was cutting and I was wondering why there is no sunk tyre there or something.
RudyOosterndijk

Lorenzo wrote:How do you check these replays :P again, severe corner-cutting at 6:41, by Guess Who.
By plotting the driving line in GameAnalyser or by seeing some dots race each other in one of Tom's unreleased tools.
kuba wrote:Actually, yes, it was cutting and I was wondering why there is no sunk tyre there or something.
Sorry, I can't say anything as long as I haven't seen a thing, which will be on early Wednesday.
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Results are always provisional and may be changed on demand.

Because of the mass of data it is not possible to check all races in detail
in adequate time or results will be ready 2 days after deadline.

Sometimes other Drivers may help with little whistle blowing ... :shhh:

Tracks are always a compromise between drive ability and preventing of faults.
In some cases there could be a gap that wasn't recognized before race.

Supposed Cutting may result out of special race situation between Driver and AI.
In merged replays you only see the Driver and not all involved AIs.

In this case:
Lorenzo overtaking AI in chicane Jerez 6.41

Unique Race Situation, continuous cutting or brutal overtaking?
PGR F1 Race Control will discuss ...
akouk

Post by akouk »

majortom wrote:Results PGR F1 2016 Round 04
Login for Qualifying in Monaco is ready.
Weather is wet - change Car and Palette - Rest as dry.
Good Luck
Isn't there a wet practice trk :really:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

It's ''Monaco MW''
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

@majortom
You're right, seeing that the slowest of AIs emerges in front of me in worst place possible, I basically just wanted to close my eyes and survive that corner anyhow (if I did slow down he could block me totally), but it's corner cutting at the end of the day so I'm quite curious how you'll approach to this case.

It always feels nice if you lose only 0,08s to your TR in Q, but if you manage do it in Monaco it's really something special :goodvibes: