PGR F1 World Championship 2016 [HL/Race] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
RudyOosterndijk

Re: PGR F1 World Championship 2016 [HL/Race] [Login]

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Gzehoo wrote:OK, don't count me. I didn't expect many traffic jams on the road during vacations comeback and I'm not able to do my race today...
If only you were a PGR F1 driver with such a rocketship under your bottom... ;)

What's going on Twitter?

Last edited by RudyOosterndijk on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Results PGR F1 2016 Round 01
Australian GP Melbourne - Race

We have the first Winner of PGR F1 Season 2016!
Congrats :winner:

Some Racer want to look replays first, so you find all results by link:

Replays: link
Results Race: link

Result tables for Driver and Teams available after 2 Round.

Login for Qualifying Sepang is ready - Good Luck
RudyOosterndijk

Buka

Post by Buka »

I did send files, but didn't type "f" in email address. :ouch:
Attachments
аывафыва.png
Last edited by Buka on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

I had 10:08, 9,5 secs in front of maclape, and got DSQ for 6% od fuel consumption instead of 5% which, assuming that every 10kgs give an additional 0,1 to the laptime, couldn't give me more than 2 seconds... pretty frustrating one. 6% is my ever-default setting for offline long-distance races, so I'm sure that's why I picked it accidentally.
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

Australia happy only 3 drivers two years in a row. I'll try not to fall out in Sepang, but is hard.
RudyOosterndijk

Buka wrote:I did send files, but didn't type "f" in email address. :ouch:
I eel sorry or your misortune. :worried: ;)
Lorenzo wrote:I got DSQ for 6% od fuel consumption instead of 5% which, assuming that every 10kgs give an additional 0,1 to the laptime, couldn't give me more than 2 seconds... pretty frustrating one.
Hard decision on our part as you might not have not gained as much time as XYY, who was running with 50kg less and was sent BOP as well. As far as driving in clean air is concerned, I feel that your assumption, 0.1s per 10kg, is realistic but we also need to consider if the whole race was comparable to the others.
So there are other factors, which are hard to evaluate: With 6% fuel consumption there is no 1-stopper possible over 25km. The AI cars pit on different laps and also their lap times are quicker in absolute terms. But what about their relation to you? This also affects the point of time when they get in your way and potentially crash into you (as Maclape experienced).
We also try not to hand out time penalties at our discretion - just to make up for the assumed gain in time, and to put you in the position where we think you would have ended up.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

There are so many variables that it's almost impossible to really measure what can be beneficial and what cannot. Speaking of the strategies and their potential impact on my race, generally AI opts for as few stops as possible, which means that a) increasing fuel consumption on average forces them to make additional pit stops which increases the possibility of crash at turn 1 b) they spend less time on worn tyres and (again, on overage) might not be as easy to overtake, as you want them generally to slide and not stick to the racing line which is the perfect situation. Also, AIs complete only 25-26 laps, so it's still possible to make only 1 stop for them. In my race, two of my AIs made their second pit stops which surely didn't make it any easier for me. And while in absolute terms their pace is better - so is mine, so the difference remains the same. But we're talking about only 0,6-1 seconds difference per stint, which really doesn't matter much and surely even the AI's run through the first turn has more significant impact on their performance than this. Too many variables to actually say anything sure.
RudyOosterndijk wrote:We also try not to hand out time penalties at our discretion - just to make up for the assumed gain in time, and to put you in the position where we think you would have ended up.
This is the part that convinces me most, honestly. It's not your job to measure my potential gain for sure. I just felt a bit disappointed by what I found in regulations which are very general and provide the same penalty for every kind of settings mismatch. I wonder what would happen if it was 4% or 91kg just anything that is rather detrimental to performance. I remembered I've read something about penalizing according to the gravity of infringement, but unluckily it didn't refer to game settings. It's quite discuraging to end up with nothing after such a good race.
puttz

Post by puttz »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:
Now that is just cruel :rofl:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

puttz wrote:
RudyOosterndijk wrote:
Now that is just cruel :rofl:
Wanted to say the same thing, just ucking brutal :mad:
RudyOosterndijk

Lorenzo wrote:There are so many variables that it's almost impossible to really measure what can be beneficial and what cannot. [...] But we're talking about only 0,6-1 seconds difference per stint, which really doesn't matter much and surely even the AI's run through the first turn has more significant impact on their performance than this.
That seems likely and from my personal point of view I would not completely disagree as I have already indicated.
Lorenzo wrote:I just felt a bit disappointed by what I found in regulations which are very general and provide the same penalty for every kind of settings mismatch.
There used to be fixed (time) penalties for so-called driving infringements like leaving the track and bouncing off walls. But we experienced that the one-size-fits-all approach was often inappropriate. So we went with the current phrasing, which basically means that the degree of any time penalty (3, 5 or 10 seconds) remains at our discretion (but orients on the "gravity of the infringement"). Again, I generally do not like the concept of discretion but I think that for driving infringements this solution is better than what we had.
The paragraph about the settings is very much straightforward because these basic things are far more complex, interdependent and their effect is very hard to quantify.
Lorenzo wrote:I wonder what would happen if it was 4% or 91kg just anything that is rather detrimental to performance. I remembered I've read something about penalizing according to the gravity of infringement, but unluckily it didn't refer to game settings.
That's a good and difficult question. Let's suppose you are running 100 kg in qualifying. Why qualifying? Because it allows you to rule out most side-effects on AI cars etc. Then what would be the answer to the following questions?
1) In general: Are potentially disadvantageous circumstances outside the rules to be accepted (without further penalty) although advantageous circumstances are not?
2) Are the circumstances still comparable for all drivers?
3) Are 100 kg (directly/indirectly) detrimental to your performance (at 90 kg)?
4) Is no other driver disadvantaged (in absolute/relative terms) for using the correct settings?

Or you just randomly define a narrow margin of error (e.g. 90 kg +10 kg), claiming that differences in performance are negligible within.
Lorenzo wrote:It's quite discuraging to end up with nothing after such a good race.
Nothing but 3 points for qualifying.
Buka

Post by Buka »

PGRF1
‏@PGRF1
MAS QF - Our bet for pole position would be a 28.6. Do you agree? Or can you go even faster?
What a bummer to read this tweet after being so proud with 29.2 time in practice :hang:
RudyOosterndijk

Buka wrote:
PGRF1
‏@PGRF1
MAS QF - Our bet for pole position would be a 28.6. Do you agree? Or can you go even faster?
What a bummer to read this tweet after being so proud with 29.2 time in practice :hang:
Don't worry, your practice time would convert into a place high up the grid. It's just that with the right approach, there are still some tenths to find. You will certainly qualify well below your personal average (13.85).

:shhh: Rennfahrer's practice time is said to be even quicker than our prediction.
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

Buka this only training time, anyway this only Q counts race.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Mszostus wrote:Buka this only training time, anyway this only Q counts race.
Q was worse :ill:
RudyOosterndijk

Buka wrote:
Mszostus wrote:Buka this only training time, anyway this only Q counts race.
Q was worse :ill:
You might want to send it then! :) Honestly, there is nothing in my inbox.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:That's a good and difficult question. Let's suppose you are running 100 kg in qualifying. Why qualifying? Because it allows you to rule out most side-effects on AI cars etc. Then what would be the answer to the following questions?
1) In general: Are potentially disadvantageous circumstances outside the rules to be accepted (without further penalty) although advantageous circumstances are not?
2) Are the circumstances still comparable for all drivers?
3) Are 100 kg (directly/indirectly) detrimental to your performance (at 90 kg)?
4) Is no other driver disadvantaged (in absolute/relative terms) for using the correct settings?

Or you just randomly define a narrow margin of error (e.g. 90 kg +10 kg), claiming that differences in performance are negligible within.
Just to conclude that topic. This part of your post left me wondering how come you are finding find so many things within a subject that has always been so clear :) not only to me but surely to the all players of Polish GR community at least. Ever since I can remember we always had that very simple rule that worked brilliantly that if the settings you use work against you (slow you down in any way), you're only voluntarily punishing yourself, therefore no other penalty is given - and those who anyway finished behind him also cannot blame him for that. Also, the 3rd questions is quite surprising to me - years of experience show that there's linear (at least locally) correlation between additional fuel mass and lap times which is also fairly intuitive. I'm not saying that to pressurise you though, just to share my view.
RudyOosterndijk wrote:Nothing but 3 points for qualifying.
3 points are bether than 0 fur sure, but QF is another story, I was talking about the race. There are no chances for any big points in Malaysian QF though, I did only two fairly decent laps but not even close to what I could expect. I wasn't really in mood for racing, but it was like 10 minutes to deadline, so I had to :D.
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Results PGR F1 2016 Round 02
Malaysian GP - Sepang - Qualifying

Full Size

Unexpected visit on Podium in Malaysia!
Pole for Rennfahrer - Congrats :up:

Replay of fastest 6 drivers: link

Every Driver with Quali starts from position corresponding to his Quali position.
All Driver without Quali must start from Pitlane.

Special tracks with different startboxes will be created for all Drivers and shall be ready on Thursday.

Login for Race is ready on Friday 0:00 - Good Luck
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

I sent my sava day earlier (Tuesday). Please looking email.
Buka

Post by Buka »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:You might want to send it then! :) Honestly, there is nothing in my inbox.
Not funny. :talkth: :)
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Don't complain Buka. You are better than XYY, Happy412 and Gzehoo.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
EA piova

Post by EA piova »

Italian Manor team finally joining the field in Malaysia
RudyOosterndijk

Mszostus wrote:I sent my sava day earlier (Tuesday). Please looking email.
Buka wrote:
RudyOosterndijk wrote:You might want to send it then! :) Honestly, there is nothing in my inbox.
Not funny. :talkth: :)
Sorry, I didn't mean to be funny. But both of your mails must have gone missing between all the important stuff about blue pills and luscious girls in my neighborhood. :oops:
Seems like Tom was to harder to distract than me because he found at least Buka's mail. Then Kaiserkoenig is missing, too. There might have been a problem with our inbox.
Anyway, the results are going to be updated before our practice tracks are released.
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Update Malaysian GP - Sepang - Qualifying
with Mszostus and Kaiserkönig
(reload images, if old ones are still in cache)

Full Size

Tracks for practice: Sepang Grid

Check your settings twice T/FC/FM/D 24/5/90/25

Login coming soon ...
RudyOosterndijk

What's going on Twitter?