Vuvuzela Challange of South Africa [HL/TT/Race] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
zsoltbartok

Re: Vuvuzela Challange of South Africa [HL/TT/Race] [Login]

Post by zsoltbartok »

Yes, the AI line has an unusual "loop" above the bridge, and I guess Jwong is right, it was to make the AIs slow down a bit.
I discovered this bug in the test run and considered it unimportant, but:

I also suffered from the bug:( I crashed into the purple AI during login and had to make an extra pit stop... I was concentrating so hard that I didn't see it practicing Y turns on the bridge... I mostly blame myself (I should have been more careful)... But I am really sorry about your race Akouk, you were extremely fast in the qualifying races and I believed you were going to be fighting for victory...
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
akouk

Post by akouk »

When I orginize my combo I take special care that no bug, or anything, would spoil the fun of the players.
I don't blame madd dogg. It's just what I think it's right.
MD

Post by MD »

Yep, I know about this "major bug" but it's just for avoid a much more major one. (AIs would hit the wall frontally if they don't slow down on the bridge).
I feel sorry about it but I couldn't solve it on an other way. Maybe an other layout would be better :faintgirl:
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Madd Dogg: If you need to slow down AIs on straight before a curve, you must use other way of designing AI line - symmetrically sharp left-right-left... with a non-linear progress and symmetrical ending, but the tooth may never turn backwards contra direction of the layout otherwise it does similar bug. ;)

Example:
Bez názvu.png
Bez názvu.png (1.96 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
Edit: no race from me. I did login, raced (not much good, but not tragedy), but in half of sending my files my connection died and recovering would take more than 10 minutes, so I didn't send anything and went sleep - I wouldn't be in login window anyway. :vsad:
MD

Re: VCoSA

Post by MD »

Okay than I think the best solution would be the repetition of the race. I corrected the ai line as Ivo proposed but I can't upload the new .trk files until sunday evening.
BTW the received files won't lost: the last sent race will be valid. You only should race again if you need.
Guys, what do you think?
akouk

Post by akouk »

In that case you should allow everybody to race again and count their best race.
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Good idea, it's absolutely fair play this way! Personally, I had a crash so I'll probably have a second try:)
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
MD

Re: VCoSA

Post by MD »

Okay, than the best will be counted. :bg:
alexwolf79

Post by alexwolf79 »

new deadline...?
MD

Post by MD »

alexwolf79 wrote:new deadline...?
Well deadline will be Thursday midnight (CET) as it uses to.
You will can login as byethost solve FTP problems. But in the case this problem will be last tomorrow too, I'll create a new login link.
And as I promised the files what already received won't be lost: the better race will be counted.

Uhm... and there is something important:

Due to the new AI line the length of the track has shortened so new login race length is 31 laps and not 25 kilometers

EDIT: Login files are available from now. I will send a round-repeatition-reminder e-mail tomorrow. Good luck! :bg:
Masakari

Post by Masakari »

When the results will be available????????????
Here is the red where is the red - Hungarian lucky game
MD

Post by MD »

Masakari wrote:When the results will be available????????????
Now! :P

Sorry for the late guys. I'm rather busy and sometimes I'm fighting against some internet problems too. But I'm here - finally - and the results are here now (and also here, ofc).

But what is more important: here are the Final Standings (and also here).

So let's watch the replay, the results and the standings then I have some things to say you guys before we say goodbye. ;)
Masakari

Post by Masakari »

Congrats For Alex and Team Miskolc(Driver and Team champions :hattip: )
Here is the red where is the red - Hungarian lucky game
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congrats to you all. :bg: Alexwolf79, Masakari nad Cristiano were great. :boxing: And Miskolc drivers run well too. :nod:

My big thanks goes to akouk. It was pride for SMJ to see you in one of cars' seats. And mainly your merit is appealing position in teams standings too. :bowdown:

And Madd Dogg, good job, mate. You decided for very complex task and you fought with all well. I believe you'll use the experience from this compo to another great compos. :up:
V.Mendonca(VITORFM)

Post by V.Mendonca(VITORFM) »

Excellent organization!!! :bg:

Congratulations to all drivers take a part in this great champs! :clap:

I hope see a new edition: World cup brazil 2014 :D

Seeya!
akouk

Post by akouk »

Congratsulations to Alexwolf79 & Masakari for their top performances.
Thanks to Madd Dogg for this combo (reminded me of VHCS, once held :) )
Thanks for the Team seat Ivo :D

:hattip:
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Congratulations, guys, everyone who took part! I think it was a very demanding championship with very fast cars on very narrow tracks against incredibly fast drivers!
I simply cannot believe how fast Alexwolf and Masakari were during the whole compo, and especially in the last round. Inhuman skills! :bowdown:

I am very happy that Madd Dogg created this compo and invited me, it was so much fun and pretty well organized, especially if I consider how complex the compo was. :bowdown:

And I am absolultely happy with my results, it went much better than I expected (in the first test runs I was practically unable to turn properly, lol)!
FogoRJ

Post by FogoRJ »

Congratulations to the winners! :clap: ...Honestly, I didn't a good performance. :vsad:
But, a championship was very well organized! MaddDogg, you did a great job!! :bg:
Congrats to all!
ECOlogic Racing Team
MD

Post by MD »

Well, thank you very much guys. It was pleasure to organize a compo to you. And I'm very happy about you liked it so :)
I hope my second one will be at least as funny and enjoyable as it was.

But before we say good bye to South Africa we have to say some special thanks.
First of all we NEED to say a big thanx to BBA, Mathee, Jimmy and DXTR for the tracks and to Fechna for the cars! :hattip:
Say also a special thanx to mizzamar who created the starting grid's fakeshot and the race's .trk files by the positions for each rounds! :clap: (And by the way he has been giving me some good ideas and making me useful feedbacks while the competition lasted :bowdown: )
I cannot forget about alexwolf79, Masakari, Cristiano Bohessef, mizzamar (once more :D ), FogoRJ, JWong and ilbianchi. Because they have taken part on all the events of VCoSA. It is very important to a compo manager! And it was really nice to see for example the "point collecting action" of ilbianchi. He finished as 11th and I hope he got some useful experiences too ;) Just as JWong who ( :!: as a rookie :!: ) almost always finished in top 10. IMO it was a great job ;)
But of course the most important was the epic fight between alex, masa and cristiano. Alexwolf was in a good form in the beginning of the season than Masakari found his winning pants while Cristiano from the beginning to the and collected some P2 and P3 what is more he won the HL in R4!
And also don't forget about mizzamar's and FogoRJ's fight. IMO it was a special one because they have not only fought to each other on the tracks but also to their Daily Routines and to the Devil of the Technique. I only can admire them for their positions in the standings.
But I'd like to say thank you for everyone who has taken part in VCoSA. Thank you very much the supporting too :bg:

And there is a thanks-saying still left. The most important one! I want to say a big-big :happythanks: to DXTR. From the backwards he was giving me tips and teaching me how to organize a competition. We can thank him very-very much! He was my mentor and I think that he is the best organizer ever (as far as I can remember I'm not the first who called Balázs like this :D ).

And as an epilogue I'd like to say congratulations for alexwolf79, for Masakari, mizzamar (and for Madd Dogg :uglylol: ) and for all the guys who raced by a LotusF1. :champa:

~ See ya next time! ~