search users posts

Are you experiencing any issue while using this forum? Post it here!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

search users posts

Post by Bouncebackability »

hi

i noticed that when i go onto a persons profile, click 'search users posts' if i click next page too soon i have to wait as ive searched again too soon, is it possible to fix this, im sure it never did it before. And of course, going back means i have to start the wait again.

nb i was looking for a post by them that i knew was old becuase i knew the thread was old, and there is no 'threads by this user' like darjo suggested ;)

ps how long is the wait, it just says a few minutes, and i dont know if this applies to search in general, i havent tried
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: search users posts

Post by Lukeno94 »

Good point, I've spotted this several times and always forget to report about it!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

It's related to setting of flood limit for search feature, AFAIK nobody of admins altered this settings for several months, so it had been same for very long time in past. The settings is 30 secs. for registered users and 60 for guests ATM. I'll tune the values to 10/30 in few minutes, thanks for report. I didn't noticed any problems with this, because admins are excluded from flood limit settings. Pity, that you didn't scream earlier. :shrug: If the new settings is not enough comfortable, tell me (but a limit will stay).

BTW here is one next flood limit - for posting - user is allowed to post next one after 15 seconds since the previous one.

Edit: settings changed as noted above.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

thanks, this should help things :up: