Forum Problems

Are you experiencing any issue while using this forum? Post it here!
Alex

Forum Problems

Post by Alex »

There have been numerous problems with GRIF recently. This first problem needs to be fixed as its' bugging the hell out of me.

1.When i visited Crowellas' restored tracks thread, i downloaded every file and visited all of the pages but when i got out of the thread, it still marked unread. Every day it still marks it as unread. I have gone back time and time again but it still says unread. It really confuses me as i think there's a new post in restored tracks when it's just a glitchy thread.

2. Spam is on the rise again. In order to prevent this there should be an active filter that first checks if the user has been spamming on other websites and if so it'll ban them immediately. There should also be a word filter so if it is a new members' first post if it contains any word such as "income" "earn" "job" etc. it'll also ban them immediately.

Please fix the first problem and maybe do something about spam like i suggested. Other members can also post problems here too.

Yours sincerely,
Alex :)
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Buka

Re: Forum Problems

Post by Buka »

Alex wrote:1.When i visited Crowellas' restored tracks thread, i downloaded every file and visited all of the pages but when i got out of the thread, it still marked unread. Every day it still marks it as unread. I have gone back time and time again but it still says unread. It really confuses me as i think there's a new post in restored tracks when it's just a glitchy thread.
Press 'Mark topics read' in 'Restored tracks' section.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Last spam is days ago, the problem is already solved for 2 weeks as you can see from now already almost clean banlist. BTW it was an advanced spamming bot from nigeria, which is pretty famous location of similar skilled criminals. Of course we worked in on it (you could notice some new things in registration formular, if you would check it). ;) But I cannot understand, why you cry about it now - long time after the funeral.

About topic with Crowella's track, I don't have similar problems, I don't see similar thing, for me it's read. A tip above should help. Anybody with similar problem? :scratch:
Paw

Post by Paw »

I've had same problem with Crowella's thread, but Buka's tip helped me too, so it's not just a single case.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks Paw, that I needed to know. :) It's probably related to my editing in database - I was changing posting times of 3 posts there (Thruxton, Bytes, Calder Park) - to sort the tracks in alphabetical order as Crowella asked me.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I did one more correction in database in a row, which I maybe missed during 1st try and could be reason for the problem. However it could turn the topic to be again unread for you, even if you followed the Buka's hint already. If yes, try same again, it should not repeat then. If will repeat, tell me, guys.