Huh? Blue and purple mods?

Are you experiencing any issue while using this forum? Post it here!
SammieVL

Huh? Blue and purple mods?

Post by SammieVL »

I was just taking a look at the memberlist and i spotted that Paw has a purple moderator logo and XYY and Lukeno94 have a blue one.

What's the difference?
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Huh? Blue and purple mods?

Post by Herbal »

*sigh*

http://forum.gene-rally.com/memberlist.php?mode=leaders

EDIT: now that I'm chilled enough, I can answer you this simple question. Luke and XYY are shown in blue, because their position is local moderator. Why? Because their job is to act only in their subsection. For Luke it's the cars section, for XYY it's the tracks section. Paw's nick is shown in purple as he's (currently the only) global moderator on GRIF. As the name suggests, he may act in each forum, but doesn't have the privilege to alter in admin section. Crono hosts the servers of the forum, so he needs to have some rights in admin control panel, that's why he has a dark cyan colored name. LongBow job is on this forum to restore the lost tracks, track restorer's rank is shown in yellow. James and Markku are currently GR gurus, they are shown in black. Ivo and Tuomo are the admins, and as that, their nick is also special, their respective color is green. The retired staff's color (including mine) is light blue.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Edited because of wrong answer, sorry. :sorry:
Last edited by DuklaLiberec on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paw

Post by Paw »

Bob, you're wrong. All moderators and staff are listed on the page given by Herbal. Other users have no special privileges.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Wouter, this is 2nd very trivial question within few days, not making much sense for me in relation with a guy with so high intelligence like you, so are the questions genuine or have other purpose?

The colors are equal like in legend at bottom of index page, which you've surely seen before. You can also click on each group to see in descriptions their purpose. To precise Herbal's post - Crono has some privileges, but no one related to administration tools inside the forum itself, it's rather honorary. Gurus have moderator rights, but are not acting as moderators forum-wide, it's for keeping order in Bugs report topic, making sticky topics if needed and other things, which they may need in relation of their efforts.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Trigger Happy wrote:Wouter, this is 2nd very trivial question within few days, not making much sense for me in relation with a guy with so high intelligence like you, so are the questions genuine or have other purpose?
Well, i just noticed the difference between Paw and XYY & Lukeno94, and i just was wondering what it meant. And i forgot we had a team page... :sorry:

BTW how do you know i have a high intelligence? :|
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

You didn't hesitate to mention this personal info about yourself in off-topic (IIRC in relation to a story about betraying friend?). ;)