Links with special characters

Are you experiencing any issue while using this forum? Post it here!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Links with special characters

Post by XYY »

Lately in the caption game, I wanted to post a link to a web address with an "Umlaut" (Ä,Ö,Ü) in it. Is there any way to make the link accessible with an Umlaut or is it a phpBB known bug?
Example:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Links with special characters

Post by Trigger Happy »

I wouldn't say it's bug, I'd say it's mistake, that these characters were allowed for use in urls.

But to reply to your question - there's nothing I can do about it right now, maybe it will be fixed in future, sorry. :(
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I copied the URLs and changed the ü to ue and it works fine, so I suggest you post your links in that form. :)
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Well, that the point I meant (and he did before asking here actually IIRC) - to change it from ''german'' to ''international'' domain in url and use the second one, if they are both registered and used like by the mentioned example. But it's not generic/automatic behaviour, there may be registered only the national domain and not the international (although it's unlikely for majority of cases in close future, because the international will be in almost all cases the older one and the national added later as sort of feature and not a primary domain).