Good bye and other personal announcements

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
zgr

Re: Good bye and other personal announcements

Post by zgr »

Well, this post is a personal annoucement, not a good bye...

So, first things first, I'm back after some months...and here I want you to tell something about my abstinence:
Well, I don't know when I visited this site last, but it's quite hard to say this and I really don't want to talk about it...I and some other people had a horrible accident...this is all I want to say...after that I spent some time recovering and after all, I decided to travel around europe...Italy, Spain, UK, Scandinavia, Russia, etc... after that I moved away from my hometown and started a "new life", studying in a new city, live alone in apartment and yea
But I feel good right now and yea, feels good to be back here aswell :)

Then, I want to apologize to all who participate in FormulaGP...I'm ashamed I couldn't finish the series as planned...but well, Team SpeedForm and Maclape won, congrats from here ;)
I plan the next season so FGP (or FormulaCup) will be back, but for that I need some help with results, organization, etc...

I hope the most of you remember me and hope you guys are not too angry with me :vsad:

So, hello again, "is it me you're looking for" :phonecall: I'm back :)
Hello.
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Welcome again, Zegarek!
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Welcome back, aswell, zgr. ;)

BTW, you missed the last PGRF1 races of the 2015 season and also the Brazilian GP, which I won. :shhh: :mrgreen:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

RobertRacer wrote:
BTW, you missed the last PGRF1 races of the 2015 season and also the Brazilian GP, which I won. :shhh: :mrgreen:
Congrats mate, well done :goodvibes: :bg:
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

To be fair, neither Maclape, nor Alonso finished it. :sweatdrop:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

At the end, nobody ask for it, the main story is you won the race ;)
Hello.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

zgr wrote:So, hello again, "is it me you're looking for" :phonecall: I'm back :)
Welcome back!
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
zgr

Post by zgr »

NicolasP wrote:Welcome again, Zegarek!
Rendy wrote:
zgr wrote:So, hello again, "is it me you're looking for" :phonecall: I'm back :)
Welcome back!
Thank you guys :goodvibes:
Hello.
Daniel Rosenberger

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

Hello

I'm sorry that I didn't race or wasn't active here for some time. But there are some personal issues that took almost every motivation from everything.

I don't know when but I plan to come back to racing.

See you (hopefully) soon
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

:wave: :bowdown:
Marco

Post by Marco »

:wave: Come back when you're ready.
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Haruna wrote:The World of Racing project however has made me realize a second thing. My needs as an artist have finally overpowered GeneRally's capabilities.
The end of one journey does not always mean a complete ending of one's path. Aside from having finally found employment a few months ago, I discovered that participating in "Offline Series" (where you paint, manage, and cheer on/curse at your team of AI drivers) is something I am really, really passionate about. Enough that it caused me to make my own forum dedicated just to it. The idea of being able to manage every aspect of a racing team from a manager's standpoint, being able to make strategy calls, upgrades, setups, so on... it's something I find very time-consuming, but a lot of fun to watch, especially when others or I stream the races.

Take this as a personal invitation from me to join alongside me on a new journey.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

Hi, this isn't a good bye, but also it's not a hello again.

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about all what I did before (I stole a lot of artwork of some tracks, sorry). I wasn't acting like a mature person, maybe becouse I was a kid and I'm still a kid. In the moment that I was "active" on this forum, I was 10 or 11. Now I'm "older" (13) but now I realised that I was just another s**tty annoying user.
Thank you all for helping me to stop being a s**tty user. If I come back to this forum someday, I promise you that I won't act like I did few years ago. It wasn't my intention to do such things.

As I said, I'm not coming back to the forum, simply becouse I'm a little bit bored of GR 1, and just playing once every month or so, but I'm still waiting for GR2. About that, I remember to say that it must be free. But now that I can buy games through Steam, I think I can buy the game (if it's on Steam ;) ).

Btw, I remember writing all on Google Translate and nobody understood me xD Now I learnt a lot of english, I wrote all this by myself (?).
Sorry for my bad english!
Marco

Post by Marco »

:wave:

...I can't believe that I've been a part of this amazing community for 4.5 years.
I've been playing GeneRally for maybe 5 years and when I think about It, I honestly don't want to know what my life would have been if I hadn't accidentally found this game online :scratch: .

Being a part of GRIF meant that I've been around people who loved racing as much or even more than I do. It gave me an opportunity to be good at something. I know I can't compare myself to someone like masa, Haruna, Maciej, BBA and many others, but I've had some success in car making, maybe less in track making and recently a lot less successful racing carrer :lol: . However it's been fun being a part of such wonderful and friendly community. And If any of my released stuff made at least one person smile, I can easily count those 4.5 years a success :sleeping: ...

Although I had no intentions of leaving this part of my life behind, and honestly I still don't. There had been a lot of great community members leaving for different reasons, personal issues, interest loss, etc... I always hoped that I will not come to this :hide: . However a recent change in course forced me to make a decision. I'll have to move to a new city because I had recently enrolled in college. Of course it was planned, but some things didn't worked out as I wanted :kickcan: ...

All in all this is not a good bye from me. You'll noy gonna ged rid of me that easily :lol: . I'll stick around the forum when I'll have time. And during holidays I should be a lot more active. And if I scrape enough money, maybe I'll be able to buy a new laptop and continue giving GeneRally new add ons during my studies.

So again thank you for all those years :hattip:
LONG LIVE GENERALLY :drink: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Yeaaaah... Umm... My last "comeback" didn't go so well...

Maybe now after I've moved to Kouvola to study and stuff, I'd have some more time for this game! Maybe I'll join a few championships.

Anyway, HELLO!
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Well... i've decided to come back here a bit.

Not exactly trying to make a full return, since i've now engaged in university, faced some psychological problems and all... but maybe in the future, when my problems settle down?

Can someone fill me in on the news in the meantime i was out? Last thing i remember was fanboying over Lombon as the best track ever when i was 14, i guess. lol
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Some of you may have noticed that I am not as active in the GRIF as before. I am still watching the threads when I have time, but not so regularly. And, for me the bigger problem, I am starting to miss races out because I forget them cough cough DTC and GRID cough.

The reason is because I am by far not longer interested in GR since I joined this community in 2014. My life is slowly changing, but not that much that I'd give up GR. The problem is that I don't really play GR anymore. Already last year I mostly only played GR for championships. However, I was always attempting there, now I don't even have enough interest to attempt in some championships, because I just forget them. I just don't have that much fun out of GR since 3 years ago.

That's why from now on I'll only race in these championships that I like. I'll stay in GRFA and of course PGRF1, these make me the most fun. ;) GRTCC will also be on my radar like the planned GRRXC. And on the other championships, if I have interest and not too many races at once, we'll see. So, I'll check if I'll compete in the full GTT season later. However, if I won't be able/doesn't want to drive in a championship, I can still sign up my team Windblitz Motorsports for 2 potential drivers. ;)

Also, in case GR2 (and other spin-offs) will come out, you'll find me back again. But, that could take years. And I'll stay here, for now.

I hope I don't disappoint anyone here (especially my teammates and championship organizers) by starting to limit my racing experiences. :shaking:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Don't worry Robert ;) Everybody needs sometimes a little break from GR.
I also didn't play GR too much at last time (except DTC and GRID) due to exams and some changes in my personal life.
But I'm not going to resign from GR - at least not now.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
zgr

Post by zgr »

So, as maybe some of you realised, I'm not often on the forum like back in my glory times :D
I simply have not the time for it now, college and private things comes first.

Maybe one day I'll come back often, but for now, this is it for me and GeneRally.

As right now, I say good bye, hope to see you soon guys :wave:
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

So sad. :(

We hope that you'll return some time. It was a honor to drive with you :shaking:

Bye (again) zgr. :wave:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Marco

Post by Marco »

Have a nice vacation from generally, ZGR. Good luck on your studies. I've been there personally (for only 3 months, ... yeah... :roll: ). But hope to see you soon :wave: .

Also, hope to see you in full action again soon, Robert :)
Formerly marinator
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

LDR race at Mount Panorama will be last competition organized by me.

GTC spec will be free to use for Your own races. All LDR championship too (You may continue this idea).
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Sad to see a competition go :(. Two endurance championships might be too much right now but maybe there is a niche for some other concept :).
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

blog.gene-rally.com wrote:(...) Ultimately, we hope that this post has been at least a little helpful in setting the record straight regarding GR – and we will very much endeavour to make our next blog post a sooner than Q1 2018
March 2018 is the moment I'll also decide about my future in GR...
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Jonzu95

Post by Jonzu95 »

Wipes dust from all over the place.

I appear to be still alive. The Nostalgia is hitting hard right now.