TOTFM - The Official Thread For Musicians - TOTFM

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: TOTFM - The Official Thread For Musicians - TOTFM

Post by TuomoH »

Yusei Fudo wrote:So wait, is it the Rock Starba 3? :D Our band was going to attend there too but we kinda just didn't..

That sounds pretty good btw ^^
Thanks, and yes, that's the competition. :cool2:
Trigger Happy wrote:When I saw new post by you in his thread, I hoped it will be related rather to stuff in progress mentioned few posts above. :D

But this is also a nice piece, just the guy with guitar could slow a bit and leave the strings to do more ''after-noise'' or how can I can it. :mrgreen:
Well, the progress is that I've got guitar parts and machine drums for 10 songs recorded. ;)

And thanks, but our guitarist isn't too much into uncontrolled noise. ;)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

A little composition... I'll continue working on it but it will stay pretty the same until I record a studio version... One day...
Last edited by thegreatfalcon on Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I've just uploaded more songs online :). You can find them here ;).

http://bandzone.cz/drawtheline

:band:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Omg omg omg a game project! :hyper: And that's pretty much everything I can say about it for now. Well, except that it's a project between a few school mate from different classes. I'll be making the music, the sound effects and propably some coding. And the game will be cool! :D

Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

As I've said before, I sometimes make experimental electronic music. Along these lines, I've just released a new ambient album, Uinua. You can download it for free at http://texturalhealing.blogspot.com/
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

My prog metal band just released a self financed EP. I'll post a little teaser soon.

On another note, I just released my latest set of ambient/noise tunes, as usual, go to http://texturalhealing.blogspot.com/
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Eh, just me spamming my music?

Anyway, I notice that I didn't post a teaser of my prog metal band's EP. Go here for two free songs.

And then, just released another experimental electronic album, you'll find it at Textural Healing website, as usual.
akouk

Post by akouk »

This is a piece I wrote in the Sehnaz saz semai mode (Eastern "traditional").
Written with cretan lyra originally, but here I play it with the tamboura.
The Aksak semai rythm is played with a 45 cm goat skin bendir.
You can find the score on http://www.kerannis.gr.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Tomorrow I am going to buy some new strings for my guitar, since I only have three right now (G, B and E). That was enough for me to learn the riff from George Harrison's "Something". :D
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Still one more post for this year. ;) I've compiled a 2-hour selection of unreleased music to clean my desk. As usual, you can find it at Textural Healing.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Posted a new song today. We recorded this several months ago but only got around to putting it up today :)

http://www.reverbnation.com/awakeinmoti ... 1-sagacity
View my archived circuits/cars here
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

I bought a USB audio interface this month, so i tried to record something, and i came up making a cover of this great song.
This Charming Man (Instrumental Cover)
Please, don't mind the crappy off tempo start, i forgot to put a countdown :doh:

I used a condor ct-10sm, its a cheap brazilian guitar, but there is nothing really cheap about it, to me it is better than a PRS that i played a while ago
Me playing guitar.jpg
So, i hope you like it, i may try to do some original stuff soon BTW, i just need a bit of creativity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Hey, you also have a Marshall amp? Me too :D
Your playing sounds nice too, although I would (personally) never buy a guitar with two singlecoils :D Anyway, how does the bridge pickup sound with high gain? Is there also the random noise heard when you're in front of your amp?
Currently I play an Ibanez Gio, but thinking about something better - I need to get to Cologne, there are two big stores offering guitars... ;)
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

The marshall amp is not mine, but i like the way it sounds :D
currently i have no amp, my old amp is not working :(
This guitar doesn't like high gain, it sounds good, but the noise is very loud,
there is some feedback bursts when sustaining notes too long too.
I never use high gain BTW, but when i need heavier sounds, i use my Epiphone LP100

My cousin have a Ibanez Gio, i really hate his guitar lol, its so light that i think it was made of cardboard.

I also have another of these Condor Telecaster, a CT-20, this one have humbuckers, but weirdly the sound is more like rickenbacker's
I played too on a expensive PRS at the store, sounds good, very mellow, but its not for my style.
also i used a friend's PRS, a Tremonti SE i think, i hate it, no good tone from it

Hopefully my next guitar will be a Semi-Hollow body, i am thinking of the Epiphone 335, i tested it and i am in love :rofl:

BTW, What type of music you play? I mostly play 60's rock (Beatles, CCR...) and 80's pop-rock and lots of The Smiths too.
I am trying to get into Rockabilly now, starting with Rock This Town by Stray Cats :D
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Um, I think the Gio was a good guitar to start with at least. Not as heavy as a Gibson (or similar mahagony solidbodies), offering some sound possibilities (2 SC's, one coilsplit-HB). But on the original amp included in one of these "Jumpstart packages" which are available for less than 300€ here it sounded fairly bad. Since I have the Marshall amp it all sounds waaay better ;)

I'll stay with a solid body I guess. I don't like the looks of semi-hollows. It could be a Strat, Tele or LP Style guitar, but it should have enough sound possibilities, so either two HB's with Coilsplit or HB - SC - HB. I saw that the Hagstrom Super Swede (LP style) has got two HBs with coilsplit. Nevertheless it has the "Fender Measure" - 25.5 in instead of the shorter Gibson scale. I definitely need to check out that guitar, as it also got good reviews and as it's not an exact copy of the Les Paul. :D I will also check out some other guitars (maybe some Epiphones with Gibson PU's or also some Strats with enough HB's), I guess I get to Cologne next week :yummy: I just hate the noise of the singlecoils when you're close to the amp so I need some HB's ;)

I play quite different styles, often I just turn up the gain and play punk rock like Rise Against, Bad Religion etc. Anyway, as I'm playing since two years now, it's no longer a real challenge so I got into different music styles. Some Pink Floyd, some Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler, some 2000's Rock, a little bit Beatles and a little bit Eagles. I don't really play metal though, I really don't want a guitar with active Pickups ("standard" EMG 81/85 combination). Often enough I also turn on a generic combination of chords and play my own solo to it :)
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

I think HB with coilsplit is really the best for you then.
And i think that guitars with active pickups have the most generic sound possible on a guitar.

Weird, i don't really remember what style i played back when i started.
Last year i really got into The Smiths,
Figuring out what Johnny Marr (Smiths guitarist) plays, and how he plays, was a great challenge.
Also i play some Pretenders songs, they have a very unique style too...
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I currently have two electric guitars. My first one, which I've had since '95, is a Les Paul style clone with Humbuckers, a quite heavy weight guitar, which I use at home (acoustically) when composing new guitar music. When playing with an amp (which I haven't done in ages - I think the last time was a year and a half ago since I don't have a band in which I play a guitar at the moment - even though I'd love to play in some band instead of just singing as I currently do) I have a non-brand semi-hollow Telecaster which I love to death due to the way I can control the feedback forever if I want to. :yummy:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Anyone up for FAWM? Those who don't know the drill, it's a challenge to write 14 songs during February. I haven't participated in two years but this time I will try if I'm up to the task. :cool2:
cocney

Post by cocney »

Can you make music for some existing poem or you must come up with a whole new song? And, may we chip in :P ???
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hm, unless they can be some 15-30 second trials, I wouldn't have the time/speed to make that amount in one month.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I don't think it's a problem to just make the compositions for example. :) For my part, I don't need any assistance, I've gotten a great start and have several skeletons ready already! Decided to try composing most of the songs in my head and only then grab the guitar. :D

1nsane, I can imagine that it's much harder in your genre than in rock for example.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Challenge completed - wrote and recorded 14 new songs in February, complete with off-key/off-time singing and playing! Go here to hear what I came up with. ;)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Nice songs. :bg:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I can say I'm a musican a bit ;)
I'm singing at school but that's not main thing - I'm making electronic music in Fruity Loops (someone know it I think). It's only hobby and I don't want to make it as main thing in life I think, just some hobby I could forgot about worries and others but.. Who knows?
After 4 years of learning (practically without any tips hints and tutorials, apart from this by AirNight - your awesome guy) I'm finishing my track. If it will be done, I'll try send it to some labels - I don't waste anything.
This year I want to buy MIDI controller, but I don't know I will have enough money (this year I'll go for drive license, but at holiday - I have birthday on August, also I want to buy a car). We'll see ;)
ALL TRACKS
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

My new band, Karma Bucket (for which I play guitar), just got the first demo out. It's three songs of melodic rock, check it out at Soundcloud. :D

And not to make this just about myself, Crowella's band Valko just released a pretty cool song. :cool2:

Seems that yesterday was a good day for us GRIF musicians. ;)