Is there anything worth to watch?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Sutinen

Re: Is there anything worth to watch?

Post by Sutinen »

The Noose wrote:I prefer REAL football. ;)
Better called soccer, by the way, do you watch Premier League? I watch the tables and match results, but I cant watch it. My favourite team is Manchester United and facourite player is Wayne Rooney.
Closest tough battle is going to be against Chelsea in FA cup.
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

better to call it football. The second one is just parody on rugby. :flip:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ivo Porč wrote:better to call it football. The second one is just parody on rugby. :flip:
What the heck???? :rage: :hide:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Rugby is a good one to watch too, yeah. I haven't seen any games for years though, since none of the channels that might show it are available here. Compared to that american footiefootie is pretty... uh.. girly.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Sutinen wrote:Better called soccer...
Americans just made the word soccer to seperate American "football" from from REAL football. ;)
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

The Noose wrote:
Sutinen wrote:Better called soccer...
Americans just made the word soccer to seperate American "football" from from REAL football. ;)
Actually "soccer" was invented in England ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer#Etymology
I like short, simple signatures!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

:iagree:

The story is much more complex than you expect, The Noose. :shhh: But outside of USA, Canada and Samoa the game is officially called ''football'', which is international term too. Other footballs has other name (like rugby) or local amendment. That's reason, why I told, that is better to use it over ''soccer''. :shrug:
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

i'm used to call it "Soccer", because i want to live in US someday. :D
but here in Brazil it's called "Futebol" which sounds "Foutayball" or "Futeeball" :rofl:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Rugby is a sport of real men, less protection, more playing. :bg:
...... ಠ_ಠ
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

I love rugby and ice hockey though they're difficult to follow in my country... about rugby, I mostly watch Heineken cup, 6 nations and World cup (also some Sevens tournaments...). For ice hockey, playoffs, finals and Winter olympic games.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Sutinen wrote:Rugby is a sport of real men, less protection, more playing. :bg:
I saw a saying somewhere, I can't remember where, but it went something like this... In Rugby, they hit each other hard without wearing pads, so lots of people get injured. In American football, they hit each other really hard with some pads, so lots of people still get injured...
I like short, simple signatures!
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

Sutinen wrote:Rugby is a sport of real men, less protection, more playing. :bg:
The pads in American football are there because the point of tackling in AF is different to rugby. In rugby, you're tackling players just hard enough to bring them down and get the ball. In AF, you're tackling players to stop them in their tracks, which usually means a spear tackle. And if you want to take repeated spear tackles by men that weigh 250-300 pounds (110-135 kg), you're probably going to want pads unless you have a death wish.

Not that I'm saying rugby tackles are soft or anything, I'm just pointing out that there's a valid reason for the pads and helmets.
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

I was just joking, you dont need to tell me that protection is useful, I know it. :doh:
...... ಠ_ಠ
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

Sutinen wrote:I was just joking, you dont need to tell me that protection is useful, I know it. :doh:
Well yeah, I knew you were, but that comment wasn't necessarily directed only to you. More to anyone else in the thread that seems to equate pads with non-toughness. :)
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Suddenly this thread is about Rugby and American football :scratch:
thegreatfalcon wrote:The trees and grass out there are worth of watching out but other wise look at WRC/IIRC/CRC :) (or FRC if there's any...)
Like I said WRC has basically two cars driving there but IRC is better though. And of course, there isn't anything like Finnish rally championship, mainly because there's no Finnish rally drivers around :nod:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Robot Wars Extreme has come to Dave so i'm watching that. I also see F1 but the first fifty minutes is basically Eddie Jordan, David Coulthard and Jake Humphrey babbling about the british drivers and Karun Chandhok. Also it's fixed in some ways. Michael Schumacher has been given a 10 place penalty for that move on Barrichello. I can understand about giving a penalty but 10 places??? WTF?? Also Nico Rosberg has been given a 5 place penalty for replacing his engine or gearbox. That's like saying "Oh, i see you've moved your aerial 3cm, i will force you not to turn on the TV for 3 days." Now my only hopes are Massa and Alonso. I watch cartoons such as Pinky and the Brain but there isn't much to watch for me. I watch the occasional Simpsons episode too.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Quklis wrote:Formula 1 is what it is.. Ecclestone and FIA just showing circus of boringness around the world. Races results are decided in qualifyings, and the whole race is actually over after 200 meters from the starting line apart from stupid penalties and stuff happening because of trying to stop teams manipulating order of their drivers, which has happened always and you can't stop it, so why make things just worse?

Touring cars are just dull, WTCC used have something happening with Seat vs BMW, but no more.. BTCC and other national series are after all just small championships that aren't actually intresting. DTM doesn't look intresting either as it's just actually a hobby series for retired and test drivers.

Le Mans was intresting and Spa 1000kms too, but they're about the only intresting ones of the year when Audi and Peugeot battle against each other. Without them, the races have just some amateur groups racing in line.

American motorsports aren't intresting either, NASCAR is just too American and race coverage is bad and Indycars aren't much better either.

Rallying in WRC level is just watching some French Sebastien winning.. Well hope the new rules would bring some life to that.

Small-tier racing series' such F3 and GP2 and the other two millions are just for drivers trying to get to F1.

Is there anything worth to watch? It's some kind of Global crisis and stuff, but still.. isn't there anything intresting.
European Superstock 1000 has become one of, maybe even my number one, favorite (motorbike) racing series. In 2009, the Monza race was one of the best races of the complete year, every racing series included.

I lost count how many times the lead changed. I think atleast 25 times, probably even more. Difference between 1st and 2nd was 0,010 seconds.

World Superbike is very, very good. And so is the British Superbikes series.