Is there anything worth to watch?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Quklis

Is there anything worth to watch?

Post by Quklis »

Formula 1 is what it is.. Ecclestone and FIA just showing circus of boringness around the world. Races results are decided in qualifyings, and the whole race is actually over after 200 meters from the starting line apart from stupid penalties and stuff happening because of trying to stop teams manipulating order of their drivers, which has happened always and you can't stop it, so why make things just worse?

Touring cars are just dull, WTCC used have something happening with Seat vs BMW, but no more.. BTCC and other national series are after all just small championships that aren't actually intresting. DTM doesn't look intresting either as it's just actually a hobby series for retired and test drivers.

Le Mans was intresting and Spa 1000kms too, but they're about the only intresting ones of the year when Audi and Peugeot battle against each other. Without them, the races have just some amateur groups racing in line.

American motorsports aren't intresting either, NASCAR is just too American and race coverage is bad and Indycars aren't much better either.

Rallying in WRC level is just watching some French Sebastien winning.. Well hope the new rules would bring some life to that.

Small-tier racing series' such F3 and GP2 and the other two millions are just for drivers trying to get to F1.

Is there anything worth to watch? It's some kind of Global crisis and stuff, but still.. isn't there anything intresting.
Thunderstrucker

Re: Is there anything worth to watch?

Post by Thunderstrucker »

try... er... *still thinking...* er...
the TV nowadays sucks! :(
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I watched few races of FIA GTs, it was quite a fun (but the races are too short for me) .... AutoGP (old A1GP cars) is very boring, Renault World Series is not bad.

I think, that Indy is not so bad (races at Toronto and Glen were cool), but I'm sick of their yellow phases ... every small touch deserves SC in their opinion. I can understand it on oval, but elsewhere... :down:

I don't watch nascar from principle - it's series of liers IMHO. ''Stock cars'' have nothing to do with real cars, even lights are only printed on the body. Same with more brands competing in the champ ... but they are pretend everything is OK. And same about yellow here too (when I was trying to watch it last time (Infineon?), they even sent SC for 5 laps just because a spinning car, who continued in race, took little bit dust on one curve of the circuit). :roll:

You could find some good series in Japan too or V8 in Australia, btw. :scratch:
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I'll stick to Top Gear, thanks. ;)
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

motogp :cool2:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I'd say the best series to follow is BTCC. And well, the whole 6 hour package that is shown in ITV. Sure, they are just small series', but the racing in them is excellent.

Then there is the european rallycross thingie. I don't know how easy it is to find them, but the racing in the series is just something great.

Indeed, as Ivo said, the japanese JGTC series is pretty good. And V8 series has (at least had) some solid racing.

I personally watch some of the Nascar races. The plate races are always good, and then there are some of the tracks that bring out a nice, solid race. It is not a series to be watched full time though. 2-3 hours of cars turning left is just too much if you don't do anything else at the same time..

It is a shame that F1 has had the little manipulation controversy going on for the last few races. The racing has been mostly very good this year, and it should get even better the next year.

Unfortunately the thing is, that these days it is impossible to combine interesting and top class. (Except for Nascar...) So... if you want to watch good racing, you have to ditch your viewpoint as the smaller series' being "just for drivers trying to get to F1.", but instead watch them because of the quality racing. The viewpoint of " just for drivers trying to get to F1." is pretty silly anyways. The money and fame shouldn't affect on do you want to follow the series.

And well, I personally haven't yet seen a series that is completely boring or not worth watching.

Oh and here is a tip. Go watch Jokkis races. Or demolition derby. The Finnish scene is pretty nice. They put up some nice shows.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Ivo Porč wrote:I think, that Indy is not so bad (races at Toronto and Glen were cool), but I'm sick of their yellow phases ... every small touch deserves SC in their opinion. I can understand it on oval, but elsewhere... :down:

I don't watch nascar from principle - it's series of liers IMHO. ''Stock cars'' have nothing to do with real cars, even lights are only printed on the body. Same with more brands competing in the champ ... but they are pretend everything is OK. And same about yellow here too (when I was trying to watch it last time (Infineon?), they even sent SC for 5 laps just because a spinning car, who continued in race, took little bit dust on one curve of the circuit). :roll:

You could find some good series in Japan too or V8 in Australia, btw. :scratch:
Exactly the problem with Americanos.. They always want to group the field with safety cars to make some fake racing. NASCAR is the worst one, and when suddenly 10 drivers crash out of the race, the commentators don't even care about them. Jimmie Johnson leading by half a lap is much more intresting for them.

V8 has nice cars but haven't actually watched single race and all I know about the Japanese are from Gran Turismos..
maxi17 wrote:motogp :cool2:
MotoGP is kinda nice, but with only 15 drivers and Kallio driving so badly I'm ashamed of him.. :sweatdrop:
1nsane wrote:Oh and here is a tip. Go watch Jokkis races. Or demolition derby. The Finnish scene is pretty nice. They put up some nice shows.
Actually my cousins race on both of them :P (And whatever else they get their hands on)
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

resir014 wrote:I'll stick to Top Gear, thanks. ;)
Yep, me too. :D (and Premier League (I wish I had eurosport.))
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Ice hockey? I enjoy watching it. :)
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

i follow f1 as much as ever, i sruggle though it at times, it can be so dull, but i persist.

elsewhere...

i follow motogp, but thats getting quite dull nowadays :shrug:

im becoming a massive fan of nascar, i try to see as much of it as i can (bad broadcast times for me). its like most sports, the more you follow it, the more you know about it, the more you enjoy it..

ive watched the last few indycar races, enjoyed the one in toronto a lot :up:

btcc can be exciting at times, wtcc however really seems to struggle with that :sleeping: v8 supercars races are too long now, and has lost some of the character i felt it had a few years ago. Character seems to be disappearing from a lot of championships nowadays, wsbk, dtm and wrc have all lost something in recent years.

I agree that many championships arent great at the moment, i think losing manufacturer involvment doesnt help these championships :shrug:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I forgot to mention, that FIA GT offers very quality live streams on official website. And you can see there archive of the previous events too, if you want to test, what's going on there and if the next round will worth you to see it live ;) : http://gt1world.com/ (in top-right is ''GT1 TV''). Next event is at Spa. :yummy:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Ivo Porč wrote:I forgot to mention, that FIA GT offers very quality live streams on official website. And you can see there archive of the previous events too, if you want to test, what's going on there and if the next round will worth you to see it live ;) : http://gt1world.com/ (in top-right is ''GT1 TV''). Next event is at Spa. :yummy:
GREAT! Thats very good website. :bowdown:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Paw

Post by Paw »

Ivo Porč wrote:I forgot to mention, that FIA GT offers very quality live streams on official website. And you can see there archive of the previous events too, if you want to test, what's going on there and if the next round will worth you to see it live ;) : http://gt1world.com/ (in top-right is ''GT1 TV''). Next event is at Spa. :yummy:
Is it free, or you have to pay for the stream? I think that I know what I'll be doing on friday and saturday :twisted:
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

All that i watch in my TV is the latin version american channel truTV, which i love it! :D
I watch Cops, Bait Car... it's great! xD
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Paw wrote:Is it free, or you have to pay for the stream? I think that I know what I'll be doing on friday and saturday :twisted:
AFAIK completely free. :heyea:
Buka

Post by Buka »

V8 is very interesting.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Quklis wrote:
1nsane wrote:Oh and here is a tip. Go watch Jokkis races. Or demolition derby. The Finnish scene is pretty nice. They put up some nice shows.
Actually my cousins race on both of them :P (And whatever else they get their hands on)
Ah, cool! :)

And indeed, the GT series' seem to bring out some good action too. I have never watched a full race though, but the material I have seen at Youtube has been very good.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Paw

Post by Paw »

1nsane wrote:And indeed, the GT series' seem to bring out some good action too. I have never watched a full race though, but the material I have seen at Youtube has been very good.
I watched some bits of earlier race from Paul Ricard. On the last lap there were 3 cars fighting side by side on the main straight :shock: They entered the last corner of the penultimate lap in Aston, Lambo, Nissan order, they entered the first corner of last lap in order Nissan, Lambo, Aston :lol:
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Sutinen wrote:(I wish I had eurosport.)
I have it on my cable. But still, I don't have EuroSport2. :shake:
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

And one note. Because 24 hours of Spa this year is GT2 or bellow event, it's for free officially broadcasted here (GT1 race sprint is already done):
http://www.gt2europe.com/index.php - just press ''Live'' in menu - you'll see video with live timing bellow it.

Have fun. :wave:
Paw

Post by Paw »

Thanks for the info! I watched the GT1 race, pity for Mad Croc and Sumo Racing. And also for Reiter, they could go for two first places. :hammer:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

The trees and grass out there are worth of watching out but other wise look at WRC/IIRC/CRC :) (or FRC if there's any...)
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Well I like to watch F1. But I enjoy watching ice hockey more. :yummy:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

The Noose wrote:Well I like to watch F1. But I enjoy watching ice hockey more. :yummy:
Oh, definetly... If you include other sports, I will go for American Football all the way :D
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I prefer REAL football. ;)