Snow!

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Snow!

Post by Lukeno94 »

Today it is slightly white outside...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lukeno94 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Noose

Re: Snow!

Post by The Noose »

We've had that much snow here in Finland for a month. :D
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Yes, but you are in Scandinavia, not the middle of the British Isles. :lol:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Well you're right about that :D
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Here near my home it looks like on the Luke's photos too ATM - sadly, same cloudy gray climate, so the snow will stay only day or two. :( I love when snow fell and then suddenly come cold air from north-east Europe, then the snow stay for week or two, sky is beautify blue, sun is shining and flashing back from the snow and the snow cracks under feet. :nod: In that moment a -10°C or -20°C is much more comfortable than damn +/- zero. :) Pity, that it's less and less often, but how to explain it to our president in Prague? :doh:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Here is -19 and tomorrow is -21. One day it was -31 in here. :shock:

Buka

Post by Buka »

Ivo Porc wrote:Pity, that it's less and less often, but how to explain it to our president in Prague? :doh:
Is Vaclav Klaus'es real name Santa Claus? What has he to weather?

BTW, in Kyiv is snowing now, not too cold and damn good! It's Christmas Eve and Christmas promises to be just amazing time.

EDIT: Oh, wikipedia rules. Klaus is a stange person, but he's somewhere right. Scientists just use same facts for different theories and why we should believe some of them?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Lukeno1 wrote:Yes, but you are in Scandinavia, not the middle of the British Isles. :lol:
That's true, but actually we haven't had a winter like this in 7 years, at least in the Southern Finland.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

You're lucky man Buka, in my town all snow turn to water 36 hours before Christmas Eve. :( Enjoy the beauty! :bg:

Off-topic: well, the Mr. Klaus hates everybody, who has another opinion on any theme than he, he likes only people, who accept every his word. If not, they are enemies on death until death. The biggest is V. Havel and his fans, who like the idea, that true and love should win over hate and lies. He always choose the minority opinion just to rude the majority. Few days ago one reporter wrote in newspapers, that nobody would be surprised, if he would start deny the Holocaust crimes just for trolling. He hates everything, what is not joined with theory of free market - he would ban all social rights and environmental questions. He hate everything related with EU and he wish to be elected by people but out of their control and as best deciding over everything from one center - he broke constitution repeatedly (always stopped by constitutional court), he didn't want to allow independent self-government of towns and regions, he don't want to allow any proposal of national referendum (only local are possible) and he hate other public activities or ways, how common man can ask politics, what they do and take them to be responsible for it. That's sum in few sentences, I could continue, but it would be better in PMs if you wish, Buka, ask details about any of the questions. :)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

offtopic:

I like our president :mrgreen: I´m also against being too much "green" and so long, even when I´m not so interested in our country politic situations so I don´t know about much things that Ivo said. :D I can´t even vote in elections now so... nevermind :D just I´m not ecologic fanatic :flip:

sorry for being off topic :doh:

about snow, we in northern Czech now have lot of snow and it´s still snowing today :headbang: tommorow in morining, I have to throw snow from about 40m long road before going to shool :cry: :rage: otherwise I like winter :mrgreen:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Weather-talking: Here we have maybe the better conditions :) It's about -20 to -40 as the normal temperature and we actually got about 2" of snow... I know, It's not much... Some years ago we had more than 450mm of precipitations with about 6" of those which remained on the ground... I'm surprised to see snow in Haq's and Ivo's place 'cause if I do remember well, it's a bit under or equal to France, no? And in France winters ain't hard... Anyways...
Raska

Post by Raska »

-20 to -40 ... ghosh I'm cold just thinking at it. We have also 2 centimeter of snow here in Geneva and as a biker that's already too much... fortunately it's not so cold.

BTW that of course depend where in France... but definitively no, winters in France can be hard.
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Buka

Post by Buka »

TGF, France is near the ocean and has more warm weather. Geography, you know... Syberia is also the same degree as most of Europe but is very cold and dry.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yep, there's quite a lot of snow here in Finland. I haven't measured it, but trust me... It's better not go out there. Your boots won't be tall enough. And if you happen to have boots that tall, you will freeze to death before the mailbox anyway. Totally not worth it.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

It's -30 in here. :?

thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

1nsane wrote:Yep, there's quite a lot of snow here in Finland. I haven't measured it, but trust me... It's better not go out there. Your boots won't be tall enough. And if you happen to have boots that tall, you will freeze to death before the mailbox anyway. Totally not worth it.
Are you pretending that you have 3" of snow or more and a freezing -120C or are you just assuming that you are just very lazy? :D :uglylol:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yep, it's closer to -300C. I know, it's not possible in any other parts of the planet, but... Here it is. And so much snow we can't see out of our windows.
Seriously... Not worth it.

:rofl:
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Vilkku

Post by Vilkku »

It was 45 years ago when we had so much snow here in Helsinki as now we have... :wow:

And I'm not even 18... :angel:

So I read it from Metro-magazine... :uglylol:

Sorry if you didn't understand something... :cry:

And sorry from so sad message... :doh:

Snow makes peoples sad... :clap:
My signature was too long.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The Great Falcon wrote:... I'm surprised to see snow in Haq's and Ivo's place 'cause if I do remember well, it's a bit under or equal to France, no? And in France winters ain't hard... Anyways...
Do you think, that hockey would be so popular in CZE to create almost as good players as Canada, if we would not know ice & snow here? :P

BTW I'm not by any way an eco-brain, even I obviously vote the party founded by V. Klaus (4 times I think), but it doesn't mean, that I look on him through pink glasses. ;)

Edit: I watched weather forecast and they promised 50cm of snow during weekend. :trampo:
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

Good luck for you with all these snow :lol:
Here in Brazil we are "a bit" far from -30º or -40º :D
ECOlogic Racing Team
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Vilkku wrote:Snow makes peoples sad... :clap:
Nah, it's great not to have dark days since snow brings so much light - I love finally having a proper winter. :D
Cristiano Bohessef wrote:Here in Brazil we are "a bit" far from -30º or -40º
That'd be too much for me. :P
Vilkku

Post by Vilkku »

TuomoH wrote:
Vilkku wrote:Snow makes peoples sad... :clap:
Nah, it's great not to have dark days since snow brings so much light - I love finally having a proper winter. :D

I know, I love it too. It was just a first schoolday joke after holidays :rofl:
My signature was too long.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Obviously we have a lot of snow here (let's say 25-30 cm), and the temperature is ~ -25 on this week.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Where I live (central California, very close to the coast) it has not snowed at all in many, many years, as far back as they've kept records... right now it's about 50* F at night, and we think that's cold >_> Unfortunately in a week I'm going back to college in St. Louis, Missouri, and it's in the single digits (F) there right about now... ;(
I like short, simple signatures!
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

bduddy wrote:... right now it's about 50* F at night...
...in St. Louis, Missouri, and it's in the single digits (F) there right about now... ;(
Just for the Europeans: ~50 °F is equal to about 13-14 °C, and 0-10 °F means -about -10 °C... :P
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars