"Dear diary"

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Rendy

Re: "Dear diary"

Post by Rendy »

Dear diary, Sunday was when my family had what should I call as the emotional moment.

It was started at the Sunday morning that, by my grandmother speaking on phone, his condition worsened. He has been in this stroke condition for almost two years, starting from inability to walk and eventually inability to move. It reached its climax as me and my family were on our way to his house and my grandmother spoke to my father that he has passed away. We were emotionally torn apart, including myself except for the fact that I am unable to cry; my heart did. I knew that with his worsening condition, it was just a waiting game.

The last thing that I do is to make sure that my memories with him are always etched and that he apologizes me for all my mistakes to him. It was definitely an emotional rollercoaster for my family, and not even a tear was dropped from my side even though I wanted to.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
marass

Post by marass »

Dear diary, as you know, I have school leaving ball tonight. Everything is OK, almost prepared and so on. There is no problem, except few things. I have to learn how to tie a tie - well after hour I tied it well, and that I have to be awake in 4 am for cleaning hall. It will be interesting - I guess I have to buy some energy drink(s) - maybe that one with red animal (I do not want make some adverts :rofl:)

I also hope I won't drink much, but everything can happen.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

marass wrote:I guess I have to buy some energy drink(s)
definitely :shhh:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

marass wrote:I have to learn how to tie a tie - well after hour I tied it well...
I remember that I've also learned to tie a tie when I had my leaving ball from high school. Since at that day noone was at home, I had to learn to tie by the internet. Fortunately that went well after an hour or two.

I've had there back then some stage fright, but in the end the whole program went well. I hope you're going to enjoy yours, I bet you will! :bg:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
marass

Post by marass »

My Diary,
Oh dear,.. two days and still bit out of myself. Not drunk - I had just one beer and two shots, but just tired. Ball started in 19:00 and I stayed awake to 4:30 next day. It was exhausting and my brain was turned off last two hours for sure. I have stayed about 22 hours awake. I was not tired, but just my brain wasn't doing anything, or it takes to long to realize. We had to clean up it a bit and I took plastic cup, looking to trash but about half a minute I realize that I have to make some steps to give it out. And in Saturday, I had to woke up about 6:00 because nieces were there and of course I couldn't sleep any more, because I already slept (damn you brain) and of course I was awake to midnight (because I played OTTD with my brother) and I slept 9 hours to today. I am still bit out, but it is getting better, maybe I will go out and breath fresh air (ehm, so clean air there, living next to 1st class road)

But overall it was awesome, FRUKIScze has won something in raffle (he knows what) and even we talked only via FB, it was good. And my brothers bought cake at auction, but unfortunately for not much money. I am pretty interested how much we have earned.

BTW: here a photo of myself with classmates (I am man there, of course)
Sorry for so long post, I am afraid it is my longest post ever (potato for you

Herbal: I have learned it in hour or two like you; and certainly I have enjoyed it.
FrukisCZE: I was OK with just one, but without it I will be dead certainly. (I bought just some LIDL one, cheap and tasty.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Dear diary

Please remind me next time i decide to go partying while I'm ill, that is NOT a good idea :rofl: I can't say, that i didn't have a good time, but i was not able to speak with any girl i was dancing with due to my horrible flu :vsad:

But what's even more sad? That my flu is now even worse ffs. :weep:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Dear diary,

this are my feelings after the results of my Spanish test.
If you think, that I wrote a 1 or 2, then you'd be wrong!

I get a 4, with 20/40 points. :o :roll:

I wrote a 5 in my 1st Spanish test this (school) year.

Now, let's see what I can get at the end. :mrgreen:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

RobertRacer wrote:If you think, that I wrote a 1 or 2, then you'd be wrong!

I get a 4, with 20/40 points. :o :roll:
I wrote a 5 in my 1st Spanish test this (school) year.
It seems that every country has their own grading system. Therefore I've got no idea what those scores of yours really mean. ;) I'm now guessing that 1 or 2 would be the two best scores. In Finnish higher education 5 is the best, 1 is the lowest that is needed to pass the course. In elementary school, on the other hand, 10 is the best and 4 means fail.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

In Germany, 1 is the best and 6 is the worst, and you usually need a 4 to pass. :D also, a 4 often means half of the points.
puttz

Post by puttz »

In the US we use percentages, with 70 usually being the minimum grade considered as passing, although occasionally 60 canbe passing. We also use letters to denote certain percentage ranges. A is 90's, B is 80's, C is 70's, D is 60's, and F is below 60.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

In the last couple of days I've been abroad to the High Tatras. I've been there for three days and just enjoyed to wander through the snowy nature. We had a cool apartment down the hills near Tatranska Štrba and visited through the days almost the whole town of and around Vysoké Tatry (which is a couple of villages near Štrbske Pleso, Tatranska Lomnica and Starý Smokovec).
zgr

Post by zgr »

Dear Diary,

after geography and english, i wrote my last exam today...math...but after all three exams i have a really REALLY good feelin'
Maybe I'm drunk as hell right now, but I'm feeling great. Finally I'm done :goodvibes:
Hello.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Man, I felt like I was having a panic attack. My money ran out while there's gasoline and smartphone credits to be bought, even my debit card doesn't do all the justice as I cannot pay anything -_-

In a different topic scope, I had to throw all the races in the competitions I'm currently in sadly due to so many college works. First I blamed my confidence in throwing those races, but then I remember that I have a hectic number of important things in college, especially as I am near the phase where I have to go to a developing village (with a group of other students from different faculties) to work on agendas that give benefit to the village in question. It's a standard in the Indonesian college education by the way.

zgr, Marcinho, once again, I am terribly sorry that I had to miss most of your races. The thing is I cannot be bothered getting "C"s again and that I am too overwhelmed with so many things. :(

The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Dear diary,

My life is in a terrible moment. My mom had a head injury after she was ran over. I'm trying to hold on, and I'm holding on. The problem, however, is that my father is not even trying to hold on. Just going after drinking, doesn't mean that you are holding on. And I'm losing my patience.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I wish you all the strength in this situation, The Grimeloid.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

I wish things will take a better turn for you, Grimeloid.

RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Rendy wrote:
FRUKIScze wrote:
DuklaLiberec wrote:Quite recently my Twitter is being followed by Tom Coronel, the real deal. :shock: But not for long, I guess. >_<
Well, my twitter account followed Tim Coronel, not Tom Coronel. I was pretty suprised, why did he followed me? :roll:
Mine too (Tom Coronel).

In addition to him, I remember I got a follow from other WTCC drivers such as Hugo Valente. Haven't checked my "follow" list again...
I somehow also get a Coronel to follow me, but this is Tim Coronel, and not Tom Coronel. I didn't followed both until now. Did he found me over you, Frukis? :shhh:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

RobertRacer wrote:
Rendy wrote:
FRUKIScze wrote:
DuklaLiberec wrote:Quite recently my Twitter is being followed by Tom Coronel, the real deal. :shock: But not for long, I guess. >_<
Well, my twitter account followed Tim Coronel, not Tom Coronel. I was pretty suprised, why did he followed me? :roll:
Mine too (Tom Coronel).

In addition to him, I remember I got a follow from other WTCC drivers such as Hugo Valente. Haven't checked my "follow" list again...
I somehow also get a Coronel to follow me, but this is Tim Coronel, and not Tom Coronel. I didn't followed both until now. Did he found me over you, Frukis? :shhh:
Only god knows... :rofl:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Now both Coronels (Tim and Tom) are following me and also the 2014 Junior WRC champion (Stéphane Lefebvre) follows me. :shhh:
How I do this? Is it because of my description?
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
marass

Post by marass »

Well, how to start?
It is half a year? Maybe less? Maybe more?
I don't know (anything)
Well, I suppose, my last post was about Maturita Ball? Doesn't matter, I will start with this.
After that, real learning for school leaving exam started. Yup, I was so afraid of it. We decided with my classmate to learn topics together (from biology) and ... nothing happened and we both made it on each other own (not sure about correct English now :rofl:). Fast forward to last week.
PANIC! I did not have all topics. I am missing genetics and ecology and I didn't have anything for IT. Started with IT, did really hard work. However, I still don't understand principle of LCD displays. Tried to understand flash drives twice. I failed, twice. - but it will be just "machrovina" (to be more clever than teachers) Well, in Thusday I had everything for IT, but still no genetics nor ecology. No time,.. start to learn? Not yet, come on. Friday evening,.. wait, only weekend? Well, I can't make it, I am sure. Monday, morning, well no chance.

Monday; 18 May
Well, stress, sickness, but it has to be (everybody told me this). Come on, Martin, you are third, not first, or second,.. you can prepare! Yes, I took my almost complete topics. Had a talk with few teachers. Well, we will see. Whole weekend tried to learn biology, maybe successfully, when I count topics which I have. No idea about genetics and just few things I remember about ecology (last lessons)
First, Czech. Choose number,.. well, now I can't remember number, but, Povídky Malostranské by Jan Neruda. Well, it isn't nice. But I have read that morning something about that books (I had to know about 20), and I remembered something. I told something, then something about not-art text and fifteen minutes were gone. Well, that was bad, but I said something, so, we will see.

Then IT, after 30 minutes, well, that will be interesting. I have chosen no. 20 - PC networks; well no problem, I just talked and talked (really no problem there). Teachers asked me few questions, I answered. Headmaster had to stop us.

Biology, well, really afraid, I had to choose right after IT. No. 6 - Bacteria and viruses; well, let's made something. And then I talked and answered questions. Not so good as IT, I told that HIV is bacterial infection, well it isn't. (I was just stressed :D ) Well, not a good feeling, I thought saying just from paper is not very good.

English, school part. Well, no preparation for it. I will make it somehow. No. 18? What is it? Mass media. Really? So, "easy"? No problem there. Yes, I made some mistakes, but it wasn't so bad, I thought.

My results (1 is best, 5 is worst)
  • Czech: 3
    English: 1
    IT: 1
    Biology: 2
---
PS: For Czechs, I was writing just about School Maturita, State one was really easy (English and Czech, although I was stressed out and made stupid mistakes in Czech. And, yes, I was surprised of topic of English written work (characteristics of interesting man/woman)
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Dear diary...

just had my final exam today, and received 5 (the best note) for both defense and oral. I could just jump out of my skin! :mrgreen:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Dear diary.

I got my school report today too. I've passed second year, and third one its gonna be the hardest one. Let's hope i can carry on and complete it succesfully as well. :sweatdrop:
and by the way once again. I have 213 missed lessons this "half-year" low vocabulary / too lazy to google translate alert
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Herbal wrote:just had my final exam today, and received 5 (the best note) for both defense and oral. I could just jump out of my skin! :mrgreen:
Congrats, man! :bg:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Herbal wrote:Dear diary...

just had my final exam today, and received 5 (the best note) for both defense and oral. I could just jump out of my skin! :mrgreen:

Congratulations. :) :shaking:

So, if you now have time, you can start working on cars again, don't you? ;)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Dear Diary,

On Friday, I finally got my driver's license. :D