"Dear diary"

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
puttz

Re: "Dear diary"

Post by puttz »

I think in a lot of places you can race before you have your driver's liscense, it's that way for a lot of lower-level and local series here in the US.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
marass

Post by marass »

Dear diary,
from today I hate cyclists! I have not give way for him, I did not see him because of Sun. It was about 200 metres before driving school, last 200 metres.

If I gave way, I will pass. Now, in two weeks there I have repeat. Of course, they want me have some courses, but I do not want. (1,5 hour for 500,- CZK? Are you crazy? I can not afford it.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

marass wrote:Dear diary,
from today I hate cyclists! I have not give way for him, I did not see him because of Sun. It was about 200 metres before driving school, last 200 metres.

If I gave way, I will pass. Now, in two weeks there I have repeat. Of course, they want me have some courses, but I do not want. (1,5 hour for 500,- CZK? Are you crazy? I can not afford it.
You will past next time for sure! :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

@marass: Blame the sun instead. :P If it had been overcast, you would have noticed him, wouldn't you?
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

DuklaLiberec wrote:@marass: Blame the sun instead. :P
Yeah...f**k sun. We don't need this awfull thing. Without him we can not live, but what ever :mwahaha:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
marass

Post by marass »

FRUKIScze wrote:
DuklaLiberec wrote:@marass: Blame the sun instead. :P
Yeah...f**k sun. We don't need this awfull thing. Without him we can not live, but what ever :mwahaha:
That is the worst thing, I would see him if IT WAS NOT ON THE SKY! Overcast will be better :) no doubt about it.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

puttz wrote:I think in a lot of places you can race before you have your driver's liscense, it's that way for a lot of lower-level and local series here in the US.
Yeah, here it's possible for youngsters to drive even stuff like Rally sprint and "jokkis" with no driver's lisence. Obviously they require some kind of series focused test/lisence, but still. You get to drive proper and quick cars offroad with no proper driver's lisence. But the funny thing is that apparently once you hit that magical age of 18, you must have a driver's lisence to race.
marass wrote:Dear diary,

Blaming the sun is one of those easy things to do. But being the driver of a death mobile you just simply have the responsibility to make sure you don't drive over the cyclists or pedestrians no matter how dumb moves they make. But don't worry, once you get more used to driving around town, you can more easily spot these hazardous moments. But as a hint for the next test, just go extremely carefully. Think that every approaching car tries to crash into you and on every crossing someone tries to run under you. :D On my lisence test a bunch of teenage cyclists decided that it would be a smart idea to start cycling on the road, even though there was a pedestrian path right next to it. I simply slowed down, kept the gap and followed them for a while, since I'd turn on the next crossing anyway. Apparently it was a good choise. At least I didn't get any complaints.. :D

Although I kinda have to agree that forcing to take the extra courses is a bit silly unless it's for something extremely dangerous or if the driver clearly can't handle the car properly yet. I think I'd have had to take 1,5 hours of extra courses as well if I didn't pass. At that time it would have cost about 300€ + cost of retaking the test. And as I know a couple of people who failed the test a couple of times because of dumb reasons, it sure gets expensive quickly.

And talking about not being able to see, I hate darkness way more than slightly blinding sun. :D It's such a nice feeling when you're driving on a 80kph road about 4pm when in winter when it's sort of not yet dark enough to use brights, but it's right at the limit so the normal lights aren't quite enough. Or there's just enough of traffic that there's no time to switch on brights. Then you see a dark figure run across the road. Once you're pretty much next to that dark figure you realize it was a human dressed in full black clothing and no reflectors at all. It's something you seriously couldn't do anything about if the pedestrian measured the distance wrong.

Or then a place like Nurmijärvi, which is tecnically a town but in reality it's just a bunch of centrals which are just close enough so they can call it a town. Still, the main roads are mostly badly lit because there's nothing right next to them. But they have normal crossings and have some entertainment places for adults (read: bars, etc.) built on both sides of the roads. So then you have either drunk people or teenage people running over the street with all-black clothing and no reflectors without caring about how close or far the car is.

And then we haven't even talked about driving a bendy 80kph road at night in snow storm... :D Oh the joys of Finnish winters. :rofl:
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ marass: what a pity. :worried:

Years ago I was doing this test with one classmate. He was first to drive and was fired after 10 meters - forgot to put the blinker on when leaving the parallel spot on edge of road. Not sure which option of these two cases (so early/so near) would make me more angry. :D
(Then was my turn. The commissioner gave me order to drive to near town, then there to turn and stop the car near local scrapyard. He went in, returned with some car parts, put those into trunk and commanded to drive back to driving school. Passed. Shame it doesn't include a taxi licence too. :mrgreen: )
marass

Post by marass »

1nsane:
I do not want to blame just the sun for sure,.. I know I have to be good driver every tim! I have tried different weather (early morning, early evening, night, overcast) but only once I have completely blue sky! It was so different, and at 11 am sun was just above of me,.. so that was also different than other days(never had course in this time)
Trigger Happy:
Well, your classmate made a serious mistake :D But, me,.. I forget to turn lights on(but, my classmates say it is not important, because of day lights), but he did not notice. I turned them on after about 2 minutes, when I was blinking :) so it was similar sound :D.

I hope in two weeks it will be good, I will write here :D
Martin B. - CZRT racer
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

This topic just makes me feel lucky that in the US, our driving tests are so easy... :)
I like short, simple signatures!
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

bduddy wrote:This topic just makes me feel lucky that in the US, our driving tests are so easy... :)
I wish they were harder so people could stop trying to run me over!
Last edited by Haruna on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
puttz

Post by puttz »

Haruna wrote:
bduddy wrote:This topic just makes me feel lucky that in the US, our driving tests are so easy... :)
I wish they were harder so people could stop trying to run me over!
This is truth. There are a lot of morons on the road that really should not be out there because they somehow manage to pass the rather simplistic driver's tests in some states.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

marass wrote:1nsane:
I do not want to blame just the sun for sure,.. I know I have to be good driver every tim! I have tried different weather (early morning, early evening, night, overcast) but only once I have completely blue sky! It was so different, and at 11 am sun was just above of me,.. so that was also different than other days(never had course in this time)
Hehe, no worries. :P Good luck for the next try. :bg:

Looking back at it, I think even our test is maybe a bit easy, although it is pretty much a realistic normal day situation. Pretty much the only literal tests were managing a typical stop sign crossing. (As in you actually have to stop, rolling the car even a bit causes an automatic failure). The other one was to revers into a normal parking spot. It was actually the part I was the most afraid about. To me a parallel parking is actually easier than reversing to a "normal" parking. Other than that it was just driving around town like every other time, simply avoiding the "fatal mistakes", like speeding, going on reds (was pretty close that I did this one because of some nasty lights here. :D ), choosing bad lanes etc.. I wasn't that fond of the theory test, though.
And obviously the difficulty is harder in bigger cities with more lane options and more special situations. Doing the test in a city like where I live in mid-day is pretty easy since the roads here are simple, mostly one lane and with lights on most big crossings. And there are just a handful of other drivers at that time so there's even no stress from the other people.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Our test here sounds similar to what yours is 1nsane. I was one of the first in our state to do the new test and I remember I had to do a hill start and a 3 point turn on a road that my car could do in a single turn. Was basically 45 minutes of driving around and naturally it started raining when I started. I think the only mark I lost was I didn't pull over far enough left when turning into one street which wasn't too bad. I was lucky to have clear traffic, a town with no multiple lane roads, only two traffic lights (at the time) and have no "school zones" operating (restricted speed limit of 40kph in certain areas at certain times).

Personal update: Doing mostly fine etc. Just busy with uni and work. :bg:
View my archived circuits/cars here
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Visited a nearby flea market which has a pretty large record section. I think it has to be a professional record deale's. Bought Dio's Dream Evil, Ozzy's Bark at the Moon and few singles. Have to say that yhe LP's were in admirable condition. Specially Dio. It felt like it came right from the factory.
Now problem is that I spotted there some albums that I already own but are not in the best shape anymore. So, should I go and buy replacements or new ones...
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Having a slow internet in the morning sure slows you down, especially when you wanted to DL things or doing random browsing things.

Strange because in the past months, the internet I have in the morning isn't as slow as present, and when I use it at midnight (before I got Typhus), it's fast. It's a midnight package btw with 11GB worth of quota per month that lasts from midnight till midday. I did message online customer service and they fixed the problem but somehow the problem persists once again...

I guess my provider is nothing but hopeless... Or maybe it's... Aah, forget it -_-
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
marass

Post by marass »

Guys,.. who crossed fingers. It was good,.. because TODAY I WAS SUCCESFUL! Yes, I am happy, but still bit serious. The commissioner said I have done some minor problems, it could be better, but he classifed me "Passed" . But. there was one time, when if you cut me, you won´t see any blood. I was going through railway crossing. OK, no problem, looked at one side,.. looked at second side, OK, no train. But when I touched rails, the bell started to ring. It was terrible experience.
Last edited by marass on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Congrats marass once again! :bg: I hope for better results in GTT and in my General-ish compo as well now :P
I had crossen my fingers for you ;)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Dear diary...

Today will be my third worst day in my life i guess. I have to tell my mom, that i have to pay new outdoor doors, because i have accidently broke it while i was partying + i f**king broke my display on my phone, while i was running for a bus to get it in time :ouch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

marass wrote: Damm you procrastination!! I am pretty sure I am procrastinator.
This is also the reason why I haven't been posting around as much as I used to last year. :doh: I am spending most of my free time playing other games but GR, e.g. I've been trying out the first two CoDs and the Spanish Civil War mod for CoD2 lately.
@marass: Check this out: http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... 656#p75656
marass

Post by marass »

DuklaLiberec wrote:
marass wrote: Damm you procrastination!! I am pretty sure I am procrastinator.
This is also the reason why I haven't been posting around as much as I used to last year. :doh: I am spending most of my free time playing other games but GR, e.g. I've been trying out the first two CoDs and the Spanish Civil War mod for CoD2 lately.
@marass: Check this out: http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... 656#p75656
You know,.. I have already borrowed a book called "Konec prokrastinace" which means "The End For Procrastination" I have read about 3/4 of it,... and there are few things I will do, but also some things with which I do not agree. But it is good book full of motivation. At least I better with postponing things later. Finally it is nice weather here, so I decide, when I have nothing to do go on bike :) It is really good idea do something, what, in fact, I do not want to do
Martin B. - CZRT racer
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Well... 251 mornings left of my service. I'll be a non-commissioned officer in 70-80 something days. Also I shot a live M27 LAW! Got a quite nice dash on my nose... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well, this easter sure got a dark twist. Our dog escaped yesterday from our lawn and is still somewhere around the town, hopefully sleeping in a warm place during the nights. We've been going around the town trying to find her, but we haven't seen a sign of her since yesterday mid-day. Luckily there have been a bunch of help from spectators, but unfortunately we've always been too late in the scene and the hints have been just vague enough that we propably never went to the right direction searching for her. So tomorrow we'll propably place some people on the "hot spots" that she seems to use more often. But we don't even know how to actually catch her once we see her since she runs away from everyone and everything. :(
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

And after 5 days of searching I can come back and say that everything ended happily. :) After checking a food place we had put, with no luck, I went to check some of the gravel roads near the area. We hadn't had a visual clue from anyone for two days so I went to search for a possible corpse from the woods. By a miraculous chance she was sleeping right next to the road. So a 3 hour chase began, going around golf-course, causing havoc on a 80kph road and ending up to a field, which luckily had just one exit and because the dog is small, she couldn't jump over the ditches.

So I went back on the only escape and she went on the other corner and asuper long wait started while others arrived. So we had 6 people on the field, one net and one set of fencing to steer her if needed. So we slowly went closer, she had gone back to rest, but before I could do anything with the net she woke up and started running one again. So me and a friend of mine start going after her, we reach the other end of the field, she starts to come closer and I manage to get her with the net.

It was like everything impossible happened today, first that I was even able to see her, second that I was there with my cycle so I could actually follow her, then that she went to a place where she couldn't escape any longer, and finally that I actually was able to catch her. Absurd, but in a happy way.

So now she's back here, clearly underfed, she propably has eaten just minimally during the five days. Any longer and the result would have been grim. And because of her size, being in the forest was super dangerous because anything and everything was an enemy.

Phew.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Glad you found your dog and that she is okay now. :) It's always a worry when they go missing.

Almost on top of my problems now, almost. The doctors have two more tests to do, one for Coeliac Disease (extremely unlikely) and some weird thing called Urachal Diverticulum, which is astonishingly rare and even more rare to cause pain. I highly doubt it, I would think that right from the beginning this has all just been anxiety and acid reflux.

I've found exercising is helping a lot. I need it because I've put on a lot of weight while I've been on the anti-depressants/anti-anxiety medication so I'm the heaviest I've ever been :vsad: . I also have to use a "CPAP Machine" to sleep at night, which is pretty uncomfortable but it is to stop me from having panic attacks during the night and helps against snoring.

While this makes me sound like I'm really sick, I'm not. Was on my bike for a bit over two hours this morning, not a problem aside some sore arms from a rowing machine and from being a goalkeeper at football (where I also got a red card by accidentally handling the ball outside the box, shh! :scared: ). All looking pretty good now. :D
View my archived circuits/cars here