"Dear diary"

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: "Dear diary"

Post by Trigger Happy »

Topics with duplicate themes merged. :)
Paw

Re: The 'Get Something Off Your Chest' Thread

Post by Paw »

Martyn wrote:I went in there about an hour ago and while I was waiting to be served... he tapped me on the shoulder and started shouting at me for apparently calling him a wanker and 'racially abusing' him. Then when I asked to speak to a manager to complain he called the police to report me for being 'verbally and physically racially abusive'

He did all this infront of about 10 other customers.
What happened next? Also, was he other carnation or something, that you could be 'reacially abusive' to him? Maybe he mistaken you with someone else? :shake3:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I paid for my stuff and left. I've been in this morning to complain to the manager.

He did not mistake me for someone else, because it was me that was there the previous night. But there was nothing at all that I did that could be considered racist.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Well, I saw couple of S14's, a Porsche (not sure wich one), 180sx and a Supra when we went to Helsinki.
(yeah those were on the way not in there)
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Currently looking into flights for my second annual trip to Brisbane for the Winternationals in June. I'm hoping on a bigger budget than last year's rather chaotic "Eastern Swing" which took in Sydney and Brisbane in the space of two months...
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Welp... It's pretty cold here again. It was about -28 in the morning. This means that VR (The Finnish train company) just can't do anything right. And this was the epic day of this winter. :D There is this special commuter train that comes in the morning, it stops at around 7:21 at Hyvinkää. This train goes from Riihimäki to Helsinki. I go for the train that goes from Helsinki to Riihimäki.
So, today, I was walking towards the station and the clock was about 7:31 when I was at the bridge going over the tracks. I notice that the commuter train is there, but that wouldn't be anything strange. The train is a bit late every now and then. Then I notice that there is A LOT of people on track 4. The commuter train leaves from track 1. So I was a bit confused on what on earth is going, is there a special event or something in Riihimäki so there's so many people waiting for the train.
I get to track 4 and look at the commuter train and I notice... It's empty. It had frozen, broken down. They tried to get it to move, but it just moved a few centimeters and then got back where it left. All of these workers were already awfully late from their jobs. Then there's a noticement that a train to Helsinki will come to track 4 to pick these people up before the train I'm supposed to get on to comes. After waiting for ~10 minutes the train comes. All the people who try to go to Helsinki gets on board. The train moves for one meter and a sudden silence. The power got shut down. :D The engine comes quickly back up, but as the train tries to leave it makes a painful screeching sound.(as in the machine clearly wasn't feeling too well) The train goes forward for about 15 meters and it stops AGAIN. :D There's about 5 minutes of total silence on the train. Obviously I'm late at this point, too, since my train was supposed to leave at least 10 minutes ago. But this time it didn't really matter, this was just too funny to be true. After the 5 minutes of silence, the train finally starts to slowly move and after 5 minutes my train comes.
The train is late for at least 15 minutes, but we were only about 10 minutes late thanks to walking so quickly.

More of these VR, thanks. :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Stress levels are rising by the minute - I'll be defending my PhD on Saturday. At least the Finnish media has gotten interested. (On average a PhD work doesn't get covered in the news as all.)
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Doorslammer wrote:Currently looking into flights for my second annual trip to Brisbane for the Winternationals in June. I'm hoping on a bigger budget than last year's rather chaotic "Eastern Swing" which took in Sydney and Brisbane in the space of two months...
Apparently I lied here. I have a similar budget as an Icelandic bank on my epic trip once again. Oi vay...
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

TuomoH wrote:Stress levels are rising by the minute - I'll be defending my PhD on Saturday. At least the Finnish media has gotten interested. (On average a PhD work doesn't get covered in the news as all.)
Good luck with that! Let's hope it goes well and you get the... err.. Doctor status?
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I wish you good luck for your doctor title.
So we soon have to call you Dr. Tuomo or what? :D
Alex

Post by Alex »

TuomoH wrote:Stress levels are rising by the minute - I'll be defending my PhD on Saturday. At least the Finnish media has gotten interested. (On average a PhD work doesn't get covered in the news as all.)
Woah man, go for it! Getting attention is the way to go! :D And, uh, lets hope they make a game about you. (Dr Mario reference)
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, mates. :) Sure, you can soon call me Dr. Tuomo if you want to but I probably won't require it... I think. :D
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

For me PhD means "plant a herb on the dunes" :D

Tomorrow i'm going to a school trip to Valença.
Alex

Post by Alex »

As mentioned in the games thread, i finally finished NFSU2 after almost 5 years of owning it. :goal: I will complete NFSU, NFSHP2 and NFSPS next. If you guys are wondering, i've finished NFS3 countless times, NFS2 i completed when i was only 8 years old, NFSPU was rather easy (on the GBA anyway), i completed NFSMW last year after finding the disc again, i completed NFSC shortly after it's launch, wasn't a long game by a long mile, same with Undercover.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

I got a new computer today~!

It's so fast~

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Alex wrote:As mentioned in the games thread, i finally finished NFSU2 after almost 5 years of owning it. :goal: I will complete NFSU... , i completed NFSMW last year after finding the disc again, i completed NFSC shortly after it's launch, wasn't a long game by a long mile...
I've completed those 100% I have like EVERYTHING you can have. :D
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

That's great Tuomo! I'm sure you'll do well and get the doctor status ;)

And by the way I agree what you are saying about hyphens, I've hated them since I have been able to read :D They really slowed my reading down even back then.
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Krisu wrote:That's great Tuomo! I'm sure you'll do well and get the doctor status ;)
Thanks. :) Actually, I did well and I got it. :D
And by the way I agree what you are saying about hyphens, I've hated them since I have been able to read :D They really slowed my reading down even back then.
Good, good. :bg:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Have you ever had that feeling of "you idiot, why didn't you ask for an email address or something"? You know, that feeling that you now need to desperately find him/her on facebook and every other similar place. Arrr, it's so annoying!

So in Desucon I found "mai waifu", as in the wife of the character I was cosplaying. We took the pictures and everything and I was like yay. But it was such a busy moment overall that all I could say was thank you for the pictures. So, while coming back home I start to think... Why not go around some other cons together in the same cosplay. It would be pretty cool to do so and a nice way to get to know each other. But it was too late at that point! So I have been trying to look for her around the internet for these few days with no luck. It doesn't really help that the "group" in Facebook doesn't even show who likes it. :| I could give everything for a program that identifies the person in the picture and takes me to the right person in facebook... :D
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

I've taked part on OBMEP national premiation ceremony. I've talked with my city major, with the president Dilma Rousseff, and i'll be shown in a humor TV show called CQC(as background).
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Sounds nice!
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Alex

Post by Alex »

As of tomorrow our class (including me, obviously) will have finished all the regular work for this year. The next week will be a special week where the days end at 1pm instead of 2:45pm and the week after that will be mainly chilling out and school trips before finally we leave for the summer holidays.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Bought an untested iPod Classic 80 GB in silver for £44... works perfectly. Thank you for sellers who can't be bothered to buy a 99p cable and spend 5 minutes testing the device, saving me about £40... :D

Also, how about this for one PCI card (I've ordered one): 1 IDE, 1 SATA 150, 1 eSATA and 4 USB 2.0 ports... :D
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

^ That's quite a card... although do you really need all that stuff? >_>

I ~might~ be going to the Belgium GP... :D
I like short, simple signatures!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Update: I'm definitely going to the Belgian GP :D :D :D
I like short, simple signatures!