"Dear diary"

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Alex

Re: "Dear diary"

Post by Alex »

Today was possibly the best school day i have ever had.
I picked a project called "design a car for the future" and today we got to make an RC track from cardboard and then we did time trials with either (A a Nikko Mantis or (B a Ferrari F430. The beginning had a high stunt ramp and unfortunately the F430 I was controlling rolled off the side and broke the right side wing mirror clean off. Despite that accident though, I got a 2nd place finish out of about 10 people with a time of 1:16. We also got to look at our English teacher's tuned 1992 BMW 3 series and a science teacher's ~2000 Audi TT Quattro. We all got to rev up their engines and in the end they had a couple of races on the playground. Hell, we even got to have rides in the TT and the g-forces were staggering.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Today and for the next following week four relatives from the States stay at our house. Not much time for the Compos :D
Paw

Post by Paw »

Yesterday I got my last exam in this semster. I'm hoping for a good result. Now I need to make 3 projects: technical drawing in IntelliCad, some sheet in LaTeX and website in Flash.
wizzleluck

Post by wizzleluck »

i really want someone in this forum build me a special car pack for hot wheel acceleracers. i think i'll hug her/him anyway. :bowdown:
second, today some of my friends get in to the new university. and my enemy is in the same university with me and my former girlfriend. smh :shake:
p.s. : sorry bad english
"you know how to move, you know how to groove."
Alex

Post by Alex »

Ha ha! Finally I have finished my school for the year. :bsmile: Expect me to be a lot more active on the forum and maybe even an upload or two.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
SammieVL

Vacation Diary

Post by SammieVL »

What are you going to do? Or what are you doing?

Where are you going on vacation? That stuff belongs here!

We now are at Les Coteaux De Lac or something, a camping near Chemille sur Indrois, a very small town (5/7 houses or something). In the area theres lots of stuff to do, thousands of castles, and there are 2 car museums, Musee L'automobile and the Matra Museum. First one is 200 meter from another castle, Chateau de Valencay. We went there, and they had a (evil) restaurant that let us pay 48 euros for 4 half-frozen tostis and very filthy water. Grr...

Ive drawn the castle, and it really looks nice.

We also went to Montrichard, a nice kind of harbor town (theres a big river, the Cher) and there were many nice shops and restaurants. There was a toy store, where i bought a 22 years old HotWheels Flipper car. They can be flipped over and then it looks different. Its a sportscar, and i turn it over, and its a police car. We will totally go back to Montrichard.

Also, nearby to Montrichard was the Mont Poupon, wich i lol'd because of its name... sounds like Mount Poop On. XD!

We also went to the huge market in Loches, and there was alot. Macaroneries, knifes, pans, chair repairals, flowers, food, cheese, more cheese, sausage, more sausage, and even more! Also, there (not in the market) was a dog trimmer. There was a black dog wich was getting trimmed and another brown dog waiting, and smiling at me the whole time.

Also, we bought a cheap wifi connection for the whole time were here!

Its gonna be fun next week here...
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Alex

Post by Alex »

Today I saw 2 Mazda RX-8s within 30 seconds! :o
Owner of Team GeneAlex
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

And I saw a Toyota Celica 2.0 GT and a Porsche Cayman at the same time! :o
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

In Cologne, I saw a Ferrari 458 Italia, a Lamborghini Gallardo, two Porsche Boxster S, a Nissan 350Z an a Aston Martin V8 Vantage. :o
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

I haven't seen many good cars lately... but my mother saw a Pagani Huayra!
I like short, simple signatures!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Just a reminder that this is not a "Hey I spotted a car today" thread.

Anyways, I think there's a traffic safety day today in Finland, so we had some traffic safety themed lectured and activities at school. For once they managed to make traffic safety interesting! I mean, really interesting. First there was a police telling about the traffic police and what they actually do besides just annoying people by being in the bushes with those laser guns. :D It was nice to hear that even the normal policemen are just like the ordinary people, not really for the 0 tolerance in speeding and stuff like that. The history part was also very interesting. It's quite funny how a job and the regulations can change so much in just a few dozen years.
And now I got myself a reflector and a... Er... The sort of parking disc we use in Finland branded after my school. Those are so rare! :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

bought a coffee table today - had 2 glass sliding doors. when i was carrying it home some douchebag cyclist crashed into me on the pavement and smashed one of the doors. didnt even stop to say sorry :mad: :mad:
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Martyn wrote:bought a coffee table today - had 2 glass sliding doors. when i was carrying it home some douchebag cyclist crashed into me on the pavement and smashed one of the doors. didnt even stop to say sorry :mad: :mad:
I'll also be very angry if this will happen to me.... :twisted:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Speaking of cyclists, my bike is totally unusable - the front tyre tube is shot, both disc brakes are rubbing, and the rear brake cable has less tension than a 90-year-old woman's chest.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Today I counted that I have money (Euroes, the currency they used before Euro and from non-euro cuontries) from 40 different countryes. I also have 100 000 000 000 026,23 dollars. Sadly, only 2,73 is from USA...
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Alex

Post by Alex »

GeneSuomi wrote:Today I counted that I have money (Euroes, the currency they used before Euro and from non-euro cuontries) from 40 different countryes. I also have 100 000 000 000 026,23 dollars. Sadly, only 2,73 is from USA...
Well, tell us all the different countries these dollars are from. Please. :bsmile:
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

100 000 000 000 000 from Zimbabwe
3,40 from Fiji
20,10 from Hong Kong
2,73 from USA
:P
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Yes, but those zimbabwe dollars are worth about 50p. :rofl:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Now imagine if someone wanted to change that 100 000 000 000 000 into one dollar coins...
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Actually, 1 million ZWD currently equals about £1666, roughly $3000 - $4000. So imagine how much he has.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Actually, Zimbabwe dollars are totally worthless. ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Not worthless for collectors. ;)

Otherwise Luke is right - Zimbabwean dollar is no longer valid currency, nobody other would exchange it for other money, goods or services.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

In Zimbabwe, they are using US dollars right now. And my bill was useless in 2009 when they dropped 12 zeros out of their bills :D
But you have to admit that it's very cool to own a hundread trillion dollar -bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'm SLIGHTLY pi***d off by the ladybirds in front of my window :mad: . I just had to remove two of them, and if I don't pay attention, I've got like 10 or 12 in my room directly.
At least I know why they come there (they like bright housewalls and windows, but not Image :rofl: ) so I got out the awning. Last year I didn't know about it and had 30 of them in my room, after the window was opened for 2 hours :ashamed: . But they even get in when I don't have my window open :evil:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Tomorrow, me and 3 friends are competing in a UK final of a quiz for people who work for ODEON.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!