Reservoir for old members

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
MD

Reservoir for old members

Post by MD »

Hey guys!

It's been a long-long time since I was active. But GR and GRIF is in my mind daily! Are there anyone still here from 10-5 years ago? (Jesus Christ! I registered here more than 10 years ! :o )

Tell me what has happened to you in the last few years! I miss this community so much!

Best Regards, always!
MD
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Marco

Re: Reservoir for old members

Post by Marco »

Well, forum's rather empty nowadays... There are only a few active members left... :ouch:
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Hi MD,
I can't be considered an old member, but I recall when I joined there were some activities in GRIF, I'm talking about 3-4 years ago... 2018 is the first year of true desolation. :tuweed: I'm not very active here but I keep working slowly on GR stuffs, anyway I'd like to be a little more present here.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

I think I've been here from the start of this forum. Herbal invited me from Facebook to here and without him, I wouldn't exist for that long. I think I've started out in the RSC era and later the RaceDepartment era before going here so my stint is of course longer but I know there are others who lasted longer than I do.

It's such a shame that once again the activity has way slowed down, way different than in the early years where the game was a thing. The sequel has been one of the factors why (I won't further comment on this though), combined with how most of the players moved on in life. Hat tip to the GRPL community and others for keeping GR alive though.

Nowadays I'm doing a couple of things before going into jobs et cetera, basically I'm training myself. Though without this game I won't have a source of inspiration. I know I'm still a fan for top down games (this included, although I haven't played it again for a long time) but in more ways than one the game has given me a couple of inspirations.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

hello MD. On discord generally is life https://discordapp.com/invite/pApXcRP Few english version departments and you can racing F1/F2 :D
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

Kinda depressing to see the noticeable decrease in activity here by many. Another good reason that the semi-stillborn second version of the game should be made, it might revive a lot. I'm not very skilled in these things, but I wish i could help revive stuff, i do have comparetively much time, and i've been playing the game A LONG time, it's been one of the few always entertaining things during my last, at least 16, years. Sometimes I see when i set my trackrecords and am surprised how long I didn't run on that track. :shock:
To finish first, first you have to finish!
bgcatfan

Post by bgcatfan »

Hi folks :wave:,

How about from 15-17 years ago :) . I have fond memories of my time here, hope you all are well. I'm working full time and finishing my doctorate in classical music performance (trumpet). I should be graduating this semester! About time, too, since I've been in university for almost 14 years now.
Fermmoylle

Post by Fermmoylle »

Since we are talking about old members and the last reply is less than 30 days (gods forbid me from necroposting), I'm with bgcatfan on the 15-year bandwagon. ;-)
And I'm even working on my old tracks.
Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Eh, sort of about
gu3st

Post by gu3st »

πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

Hi people, I'm back! Is there any way to parcipate in GeneRally community nowadays? Just been talking with my friend about this game and I've got a huuuge nostalgia for posting tracks and making add ons for this game, I wonder if there's anyone from the 2010-2014 era that remembers me and the crew from generally.pl??? Really glad thet the international forum is stil online, let's GO!
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Ah welcome back! Yes, I do remember you at least from this forum. :D

We're still kicking around here, even if the forum is a little quiet. Also kicking around on the GRPL Discord which between this and there, probably about the extent of active communities.
View my archived circuits/cars here
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Hi BRIX, of course I remember you! :wave: Also hi to gu3st! :)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Y'all...

I've finally woke up from a long sleep, what did I miss?
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Hi Rendy, welcome back ! :) :hug:
Rendy wrote: ↑Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:08 am I've finally woke up from a long sleep, what did I miss?
From 2018 until now well, not so much really. The activity on the forum was pretty low, much lower than in 2018 but there were a few tracks and cars released but of excellent quality overall, with many reknowed car and track makers making a come back, and new ones that created also very good ones.

Maybe you missed an update of the excellent Maciej1's GR World Tour that happened in 2018, make sure you check this out, as it's easily one of the best addon ever made for GR along Gran Turismo GR back in times by Alonsomania and GR Career by BBA.

I created back then a GR Database where you can retrieve near all the creations that was made for GR since 2002 until now, going from tracks, cars, palettes, sounds, languages, addons, everything (Link in my signature). If you have time check it out, and if you do please check your folders as I don't know if it's missing something. There's also some lists I made for a better research, particularly a list of all track/car masters and wizards based on a list on GRIF linked to the Rabinas Awards, a list of real world tracks based on BBA and Black Rebel one and a list based entirely on Hormous work for all GR Stages.

Competitions are always a thing at GRPL but you know this better than me. ;) Also on planet-generally.de, at least the last one was in 2021.

GR2 is coming but you're already aware of it, it's finally here and I can't be more happier about it. :goodvibes:

So yeah you didn't miss a lot, but you have some good tracks and cars to try asap ! :D

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database