Your Computer Configuration

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
YoNnie

Re: Your Computer Configuration

Post by YoNnie »

My dreams come true!
So I've decided to collect every single part and make brand new PC (this old will be upgraded and it will be e.g. for internet, when on this new someone will play, I or my brother). Yeah, I wanted to buy notebook, but I thought I won't play on good games with good graphics and huge fps'es, also making music will be not good as on the PC. Second thing is money - PC will be more expensive, but I can buy every thing as single part, and I can earn money before buying new part - if I'd buy notebook, I'd have to have much money once, what is quite difficult (if I have some part, not teoretical, but as the thing, it's easier).
However, today courier brought me CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 - 6MB L3, 3.3 GHz, 3.7 GHz Turbo, 4 cores, etc. Monster!
I forgot write it earlier, but month ago I bought GPU: Asus AMD Radeon R7 260X (2048 MB, overclocked, with fantastic cooling). I think I'll collect everything to the autumn - in November coming Project C.A.R.S!
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Well. I have invested a little bit and i upgraded from this:
2014-04-20 20.48.29.jpg
To this:
10543609_759167824125265_5379549530182067718_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Niice ;) What about speakers? ;D
I thought I'll have my computer in autumn, meanwhile everything is going that way I'll have it in the beggining of the August! I owe it my brother who helped me in buying motherboard and memory. Only PSU, hard disc and case :)
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

YoNnie wrote:What about speakers? ;D
They still work properly and they don't effect my gameplay as much as mouse, so I don't see any reason why to waste more money into speakers :P
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

If you would play horrors, it would be nice to have 7.1 :D
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

YoNnie wrote:If you would play horrors, it would be nice to have 7.1 :D
Well, i don't think, that League of Legends or Counter-Strike are horror games :rofl: And the only horror game i have played was Slenderman :vsad:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I played F.E.A.R. when I was on vacation at my cousin house. I don't like this type of games si that was.. Fantastic :D
ALL TRACKS
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

F@%k! D#$n!
Yesterday I bought the last parts for my new PC. So I started to merge it to the one.
When I merged everything, I connected it to the power, clicked on the power button and.. Nothing.
After some tests I reach the conclusion my motherboard is failed. Also it could be the PSU but I checked it and it works. I'll send MB to reclamation today. Hope, when good MB will come to me, everythinng will be just ok.
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Well... I think you have to stick with generally for a little bit more time :P
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

YoNnie wrote:F@%k! D#$n!
Yesterday I bought the last parts for my new PC. So I started to merge it to the one.
When I merged everything, I connected it to the power, clicked on the power button and.. Nothing.
After some tests I reach the conclusion my motherboard is failed. Also it could be the PSU but I checked it and it works. I'll send MB to reclamation today. Hope, when good MB will come to me, everythinng will be just ok.
It's not very common that a new motherboard is bad... Are you sure everything else was OK? No loose connections or mis-wiring or anything like that... If it doesn't do anything at all, make sure about the power button wire and of course all of the power supply wiring.
I like short, simple signatures!
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

@YoNnie: I know your sad, on the first power-on accident. Because I've been there.. My first made DIY computer BURNED by the first power-on. That causality, I wrong placed the power connector of a 3.5-inch floppy (out of alignment 1 pin). I hope, your PC doesn't have any problem and starts. :)

p.s. When my PC burnt, I have laughed. hmm..it would be why? :vsad:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

@bduddy: I'm not sure everything was OK, and I'm not sure motherboard was ok but I merged it many times at school and merged some parts at home so I don't think I injured something or stopped some connection on printed plate. I was looking for some damages on the MB and I didn't see anything (but it's hard to see it, yeah). However the PSU is working (I know some tricks) but I don't know voltages, 5V and 12V are OK, but I think they would have to be bad during the long time to go bad other parts od PC. Also, I think the front panel od case is OK, when I connected wires from the front panel to the pins, when I connected PSU to electricity, at the first pressing of power button the power diod light, but it was only when I disconnected PC from the power and connected again, when I pressed button twice and next, the diod din't light. I'm afraid PSU or MB could went bad other parts of computer - I've never checked it because everything is new and my computer is too old to check every part which I bought. Also, even if I could test it on my computer I wasn't to do it (ekhm, now I know it maybe could rescue my new PC). When Monday comes, I'm going to my uncle, we'll think about it together, because he have some tools and more experience than I have. If that not help, I'll try give the MB to reclamation (and other parts, which could be bad before I merged it witch mobo). I wouldn't lose all of parts, it costs me about 800 USD, and earn it wasn't so easy, I know the value of that. Hope at least only this mobo will be bad, if the store won't change it to good part, I could pay that 100 US for new part.
However, talking about this is only talking, after Monday I'll write what we'll find and what I'll make with that.
@masa: Hmmm, I don't know what PSU you had, I think if it would have good security, some fuse would stop elictricity connection. But it's only my assumptions and we only can say: what it could be, if...
ALL TRACKS
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

At first, sorry for bumping.
Some thing happend and I didn't write about it ;) To write it shorter, after some tests I know... The same as before. Almost. Some way I concorted pins on the socket. We was trying (I bring my PC to guy leaving quite near to me) to fix it, but it wasn't help. So the solution is: or we didn't make it well, or CPU is failed. I gave him my CPU, he told me his mate could check is it at least starting. I will wait.
ALL TRACKS
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Oh man, why does my PC have to crash these days (exam period)?
I'm pretty sure it's the HDD (again), that would be my fourth 500 GB drive in six years :shake3: On the other hand, my backup HDD (an almost ten year old Seagate HDD with 40GB) is still going strong. :pillepalle: I'll get a Flash/SDD after the current 500GB HDD, that's for sure...
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Yeees! Yupeee!
Finally, my mate rang to me and said my CPU is all ok. Yes! Now, my only problem is, do the store take my MB on guarranty, if no, no problem it's better to pay 100$ than ~250$. But I think they take and change my botherboard, then I'll install everything and I'll be happy :D
ALL TRACKS
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Finally!
Courier bringed me brand new motherboard. Everything works properly. Tomorrow I'll install everything and will work on my new PC!
ALL TRACKS
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Been having overheats/crashes lately when trying to play DiRT 3 and some other graphics glitches, pretty sure my graphics card is failing... not surprising considering I bought it used from some random guy... oh well, good excuse to get a new one!
I like short, simple signatures!