Gaming memories

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Gaming memories

Post by egamad »

Quklis wrote:Also now I remembered that we had an old DOS computer with only couple of games.. One that I played most was this game with different winter sports, there was cross-country skiing, skijumping and bobsleigh. I was very proud when I first time got the bobsleigh track through, it was quite hard to keep the sleigh on track. Other games on the computer I can't really remember :shrug:
Maybe you're referring to Winter Challenge by Accolade? :scratch:

Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

egamad wrote:
Quklis wrote:Also now I remembered that we had an old DOS computer with only couple of games.. One that I played most was this game with different winter sports, there was cross-country skiing, skijumping and bobsleigh. I was very proud when I first time got the bobsleigh track through, it was quite hard to keep the sleigh on track. Other games on the computer I can't really remember :shrug:
Maybe you're referring to Winter Challenge by Accolade? :scratch:

Exactly that one :nod:

Though I remember that skiing was so boring :P
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

I got my first computer from my parents, a Commodore Plus4. Unfortunately, C64 games were not compatible (they had to be ported somehow) and I hadn't many games for the Plus4.
My favorite was Mercenary. Did you play it too? It had a great SF story, an amazing world to explore, different vehicles. Now that I think of it, the game was a bit like GTA (my favorite)! Free movement (no loading or area borders, haha), walking into buildings, using vehicles (cars and planes), fighting, story! In 64 kbytes!
Then I had a PC (486 I guess), I loved Doom 2, it had great music. Sometimes, when I play a computer game a lot (I mean too much), I still see the images, characters when I fall asleep and the first time it happened was after long hours of playing Doom2... It was a bit like experiencing the virtual reality (no surprise it was an FPS).
Other milestones (not in any order): Half-Life, GTA3, No One Lives Forever (incredible voice acting), Starcraft, IL2, Portal, Braid, Far Cry.
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

:lol:,talking about GTA.

When GTA (1) was just released, dad got it off his work. When returning home, he told me he had a new racing game. Installed it on his (the 'fast' work) pc only to find out it had a top-down view. Found it a really poor game, removed it immediately and didn't touch it until years later. If I only knew what it really was for a game!
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I used to play Pokemon, the Ace Combat series, and the Gran Turismo series of course ;)

I have GT2, GT3 A-spec and GT4. Love those memories. But still, I had a long way to go to complete the game (about 50% completed). I even haven't completed the LM24 and the 24 Hours of 'Ring yet! :D I also had a load of photos in the Photo Album but still don't know how to transfer them to my USB drive. But now my PS2 is shelved for good and I really miss the moment I used to play those games :weep:
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

First game I played is... Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed... and then V-Rally 2... Ridge Racer 4... Gran Turismo 2... Test Drive Le Mans 24 hours...

I remember when I was first grade, a friend of mine who's big has a GT2 save game with a mysterious car... It is CLK Race Car but listed as "[R]". Its power is listed as 0hp but when it revved at the start, it sounds like a police car.

I played with that car on GT2's Test Course (the long oval one), and when the car reaches its top speed, it does a wheelie, and if the wheelie is too hard to handle, it'll going backwards, and probably flies from track and can't go back.

But for some reason, I can't reunite with that save game anymore, it's because... You know, PS1 is now gone outdated and it's next-gen console age. However, PS2 are still common...
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

My first game was NFS II SE which I bougth on a flea market for 1€ :)
And then I got THPS 2. I played it a long time and always got combos of 2.000.000 in all levels.
I think it was 2004 or 2005 when I discovered :gr: .
I downloaded 4 games from a german computer magazine's website (computerbild):
Boona Racer: Image
Becher Race: Image
VW Lupo Cup: Image
and GR.
After those games, I think I bought nfs underground 1 and thps 3. So I forgot about those 4 games.
In 2006 or so, I cleaned my computer and saw those games. Only GR and lupo cup survived (both top-down view), the rest was too crappy :lol:
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

My first console was a PS1 I got for Christmas. Had a few racing games, a football game and a winter olympic one. However moments in gaming I remember are:

Getting 100% on CTR. Now going for 101% :heyea:
Completing MGS,MGS2 & MGS 3(I also have a PS2). Some cutscenes are so sad. :weep:
Killing 40 enemies in a ship on Star Wars Battlefront, as I was the only person left on my team. :shock:
Last edited by andrew2209 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

Crash Bandicoot is genius, I still play it once in a while.

I also have FIFA 99, which is great.
I played it about 3 monts ago XD

Last, I have ToCA2, DTM Race Driver 2 and 3.

I also play Grand Prix 4, and used to play rFactor, but it takes too much space from my computer.
Listen to my favourite song here

And subscribe to my YouTube account here

aka. Inca4life
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Oh, I almost forgot. I also played the Tony Hawk series. I have THPS 1, 2, 3, Underground, American Wasteland and Project 8.

I also had Monster Truck Madness 2 lying for ages on my HDD and I still play it till now.

@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

ford racing 2:
I deleted nearly all from my old 98pc with 2gb hard disk to install this - later I regconised that it didn't work :(
so I had no paint and so on :doh:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Unfortunately i'm not as old as some of you are so i only have a 6 year gaming history. In 2004 my parents told me that a friend was going to sell me his PS1. About a week later it was set up but none of the games worked because they were too scratched so i had to wait another month before one of my dad's friends sent some games to me. I always played a Rugrats game because it was so addictive. Eventually me and my mum started buying some games. The first ever games i got were F1 98 and Destruction Derby 2. I still have those games. Eventually by November 2005 i had bought over 40 games for the PS1 but my friends were criticising me because i had such an old console. I got a PS2 and the first games i ever played on it were cel damage overdrive and Extreme Express. The first game i bought was Crashed! I have over 100 games for the Ps2 now, 95% of them are racing/driving games. Around August 2006 i was offered a computer which i accepted quickly. We had to pay £200 but it was worth it. For christmas 2006 i got a PSP with a Tekken game and Pursuit Force. During 2007 i bought a Nintendo DS Lite and a Game Boy Advance SP. The most recent console i have purchased is a Game Boy Color in Greenish Blue. It came with Killer Instinct and i already had Robot Wars Metal Mayhem for GBC. Oh, and my PS2 is still my main console even though the Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 have since come out. So, there you are. 6 years in a paragraph.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's actually funny to read the memories from the people who have started gaming after Y2K, knowing how many great memories they will miss.

I wonder wether there are debates at school about which game is the first one of the series. For example something like... Need for Speed. I'm sure there must be some smart youngster who claims that NFS underground was the first NFS ever, or something. :D Or something like Call of Duty, there's millions of those games now so I wonder if the youngsters even know anything about the first CoDs.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Alex

Post by Alex »

I know the first NFS was called The need for speed and was released in 1994 by Road and track.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Mystic Peaks!

Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Alonsomania wrote:Mystic Peaks!
I remember racing in NFS II for ages.

The Hollywood track (Monolithic Studios) has a section similar to Laguna Seca's Corkscrew. It's one of my favorites.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Only that style of the monolithic studio track isn't similar to LSeca ;)
I also played that for ages :bowdown:
When my level of tracks and cars was lower, I tried to recreate the whole game. pity I didn't finish. :mrgreen: