What other games than GeneRally you play?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: What other games than GeneRally you play?

Post by Lukeno94 »

I (finally) got Left 4 Dead 2 during the Steam sale... I always get lost. :D
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Got addicted to GTR2 after I bought it yesterday. I have to say that I can get a grip or two for this game but somehow I'm a bit "D'oh-worthy" evident by my habit of going off course and fear of bumping others/walls...

However, I wanted GTR2 not only because I like the gameplay, but also I want a BPR Mod so badly, I have to use proxy connection since the site that has it doesn't allow SEA countries... Now I need some good steering wheels, and I trust Logitech ones since I'm afraid non-brand wheels won't have either Force Feedback, Shifter, Clutch, or all combined, but I'm also considering cheaper alternatives too considering I'm not economically able to buy hardcore-expensive stuffs... :v
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
cocney

Post by cocney »

I really got into Football manager recently.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Rendy wrote:Got addicted to GTR2 after I bought it yesterday. I have to say that I can get a grip or two for this game but somehow I'm a bit "D'oh-worthy" evident by my habit of going off course and fear of bumping others/walls...

However, I wanted GTR2 not only because I like the gameplay, but also I want a BPR Mod so badly, I have to use proxy connection since the site that has it doesn't allow SEA countries... Now I need some good steering wheels, and I trust Logitech ones since I'm afraid non-brand wheels won't have either Force Feedback, Shifter, Clutch, or all combined, but I'm also considering cheaper alternatives too considering I'm not economically able to buy hardcore-expensive stuffs... :v
I *still* haven't gotten my wheel set up correctly with the game yet... and I can't use the multiplayer at present (I bought the steam version, so had to mod it to give me the Porsches and Ferraris... now it doesn't accept my key, oh well.)
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

when you guys set up everything properly, we could race with defualt GTR2 cars someday, or race with the Power & Glory 3 mod.
BTW, you dont need to mod the game to get the porsches and ferraris, just need to apply the official patch
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Otto Wilson wrote:when you guys set up everything properly, we could race with defualt GTR2 cars someday, or race with the Power & Glory 3 mod.
BTW, you dont need to mod the game to get the porsches and ferraris, just need to apply the official patch
Yeah, but then you need a NoCD crack, and that's what breaks the online mode. (Or at least, it broke mine) That's what I meant by modding it :)
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

weird, it really broke only your game, because i use the NO-CD too :rofl:
BTW, have you tried the Online Funcionality Patch? it fix the online lobby...
If this dont solve your problem, try at NoGrip Racing forums :bg:
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I don't know why I kept playing Dota 2 even though I suck terribly after at it after all these years.

Also watched The International last week. That last match of the grand finals were amazing.
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Lukeno94 wrote:I (finally) got Left 4 Dead 2 during the Steam sale... I always get lost. :D
I think that if we can find 4 (or even 8 for Versus) interested players we could set a game of L4D2 up, at least I'd be up for it :)
edit: I went ahead and created a Steam group for it. Join it if you're interested in this :bg: link to the group

I bought Europa Universalis IV at the release on Tuesday, and after that I've spent like 95% of my spare time playing it... I just can't control myself :mrgreen:
Last edited by AleksiNir on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

AleksiNir wrote:I went ahead and created a Steam group for it. Join it if you're interested in this :bg: link to the group
I'd suggest you turn that into the official GeneRally Steam group. That way we can easily organize more games within GR players. :)
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

resir014 wrote: I'd suggest you turn that into the official GeneRally Steam group. That way we can easily organize more games within GR players. :)
Well, I lack the authority to make an official group in the word's actual meaning, but I changed it into a general GeneRally group. :D

link
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

I don't know if I should post it here but... Possibly I will be organizing a rally championship on Gran Turismo 5. If anyone is interested send me a PM. :)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 has just arrived in my country after a long delay. I want to post the pics and details here but once again I'm on mobile and couldn't post the pic of it because the width exceeds 600px...

The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Little brother pre ordered this a while ago and on Friday it arrived!

"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Rendy wrote:Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 has just arrived in my country after a long delay. I want to post the pics and details here but once again I'm on mobile and couldn't post the pic of it because the width exceeds 600px...
So here's the catch: Days ago, the mentioned game's cabinet has just arrived at one of the malls in Jakarta after a long wait. While other countries like Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong already have several cabs of it, we just had one, meaning that we are late, REALLY late. :v

The game features a series of all-new stuffs like new cars (even Sprinter Trueno AE86 is THERE!), online ghost battle (race ghosts from around the world!), Japan Challenge (like ghost battle but you race against Japanese players), new dress-ups (more than 3DX+ had), HD graphics (judging from several gameplay videos), and a maximum horsepower of 830HP! Glad that my country has this game.

However, in order to play it, a Japanese technician is expected to be on that location for activating the cab. So far, it's unplayable for this moment but let's pray that it will be active BEFORE 24 October :) Here's the picture of the cabinet, while the terminal (right side of the most right cabinet) is not pictured...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Oh, I'm super jealous. Over here in the Northeastern US we only have Maximum Tune 2 and 3, and the machines up here are practically on their last legs.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Haruna wrote:Oh, I'm super jealous. Over here in the Northeastern US we only have Maximum Tune 2 and 3, and the machines up here are practically on their last legs.
Northeastern Brazil... We have Battle Gear 2 here, in one of my city's shopping centres. I believe it was directly shipped from Japan, but stood there for a long time, because one of the screens (the left one) has terrible resolution and its steering wheel has duct tape all over it. Not to mention all the rust. :rofl:
We still have lots of Cruis'n USA, World and Exxotica arcade machines, also Daytona USA, all from the US.

Here's a photo from the arcade. You can see Battle Gear 2, Cruis'n Exxotica and Ferrari F355 Challenge (which is also imported from Japan):
17_candyplay1_1324581524.jpg
EDIT: found a close picture of the Battle Gear 2 machine:
battlegear21.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thunderstrucker on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Any racing arcade games from Sega in the 90s are pretty much heartthrobs; even with their lack of selection against newer games, they made us addicted. In fact, there are still Daytona USA games, Scud Race cabs, Sega Rally, and F355 Challenge anywhere I go :)

Battle Gear 2 is also quite great. I remember trying to complete Mt. Haruna stage only to fail meters before finish as the time ran out... :doh: Battle Gear 3 is also great, especially Tuned where you can drive a rallycross track set in the rice fields... :)

BG4 is awesome as I remember played once a long time ago, too bad there no longer are BG4 cabs at that same place... :(

Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Stop making me jealous guys ;_;
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

I remembered that at another arcade here, we had the "cabin" version of F355 Challenge. Pity though, that it's not available anymore. :shrug:
F355Challange.jpg
ferrari-f355-challenge.jpg
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Thunderstrucker wrote:I remembered that at another arcade here, we had the "cabin" version of F355 Challenge. Pity though, that it's not available anymore. :shrug:
F355Challange.jpg
ferrari-f355-challenge.jpg
Ah! That version! I remember playing that one at an arcade somewhere! Pity that the gas pedal is... stuck :(

I would love driving in that version, even using the hardest mode using clutch if the arcade techs there are... arcade techs (sad that they just left those games not touched by maintenances to keep the machine's condition durable and comfortable :weep: )

Btw I have the PS2 version though. I feel like wanting to buy a steering wheel with a clutch pedal and a proper shifter as I play it...

bduddy

Post by bduddy »

There are a couple arcades around here with that version, also... Unfortunately, the maintenance is terrible, so the best part of that cabin (the clutch+shifter combo) very rarely works right... :(
I like short, simple signatures!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I remember playing that game long ago :mrgreen: Had fun driving in the opposite direction of the course and crashing head on with the opponents :lol:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

:p good to see someone other than me listing my videos in here xD
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Another game I played quite a while ago, didn't like it very much possibly because I sucked at it :P

Another racing game, but one most people won't have heard of.
I will. :P Although I only played the original Xpand Rally and not the Xtreme version. That said, I struggled with the handling though.

BTW Luke, do you happen to play Cross Racing Championship Extreme 2005? If yes, are you going to upload a test video of it?