What other games than GeneRally you play?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Gzehoo

Re: What other games than GeneRally you play?

Post by Gzehoo »

Plants vs Zombies - anybody knows that?

(screen from Garden Warfare)
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

I play Cubic Castles.

screen
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

My character on Knightshift
2015-07-18_00004.jpg

What think about thread "Guess a game"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
RodSk8Punk

Help with other games?

Post by RodSk8Punk »

I don't know if there's some thread like this, and if this specifically could be a separate one from What other games than GeneRally you play? i.e. (since it's kind of about games you're NOT playing but want to):

I wanted to play NFS Most Wanted (the old one), but just can't get it to work (PROPERLY). It can't install already because it doesn't detect my computer specs, I use a different installer I downloaded. Then, it runs, but after a while playing (in races or open world, not counting menus), it starts to freeze, never really crashing, but stopping, the screen going black, just being able to hear the sound frozen, then going back to normal.
If I reduce the graphics it helps, but it still happens (just take a bit longer to start doing so), and I shouldn't need to, my pc is good enough.

Tony Hawk Underground 2 has a similar problem; and Need for Speed Underground 2 aswell, but much less, making it actually playable, EXCEPT for the few times it does happen for a brief second, which can be annoying and ge in the way a little. With NFSU it seems that after opening it, then going to Task Manager -> Processes, selecting it (speed2.exe) and setting CPU affinity to just 1 core, it resolves the problem...
...BUT NOT FOR THE OTHER ONES.

Also, I recently bought Euro Truck Simulator just to see what all the "simulator" fuzz was all about, and when messing with the graphic settings, I ran into what appears to be the same problem and found the probable culprit: Hardware Acceleration. When [ON], the problems occur, when [OFF], although the graphics take a hit, it works. Problem is, I can't turn that off in the older games (or can I?)

Does anyone know any solution? I came here to ask because I didn't want to create an account on another website just for this (although I can create it if anyone knows a very good one, which you would recommend).
puttz

Post by puttz »

Some screenshots of some skins I've done for a couple of old racing games I play: NASCAR Heat and GTR2. I also race in a couple of leagues for NASCAR Heat running recent mods (made in the last couple of years).

If anyone is interested, you can get the NASCAR Heat engine for free legally (only the stuff needed to run mods, does not come with cars or tracks) and download mods and tracks and be able to run them. (Shameless plug warning :hide: ) Anyone would be welcome to join us for some racing as long as you have at least a controller (wheel is better) and aren't a crasher. For most of you the race times would be early in the morning (races usually start at 9PM EST/-5GMT), and you'd need to be able to speak English (or at least understand spoken English, there is no requirement that you must speak) as most of the leagues have mandatory voice chat :scared: If anyone is interested (unlikely), PM me for details.

And without further blather, here are the skins:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
puttz

Post by puttz »

Wow. Just wow. And how exactly does this harm F1? Pathetic.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
sam1225

Post by sam1225 »

I play GTA 3 , GTAvc , GTAsanandreas , GTA4 and 5 and some PS2 games. and My favorites NFSMW , NFSMW2 , Nfs underground 1 and 2 . Counterstrike1.5 , CSGO , wwe :compko: And my favorite MMORPG game Delugerpg You should also try .
RodSk8Punk

Post by RodSk8Punk »

sam1225 wrote:[...]GTA4 and 5[...]
On PC?

I came here to ask if anyone here has GTA V on PC to play online with me. I just bought it like two weeks ago, and after one week downloading, plus one tweaking and trying to get it running more or less... playable, I'm confident it might work well enough.
For online on PC you DO need to play only with friends though, I played solo at the beginning, then I wanted to do some races, went to a public lobby, got someone, did 4 races, got back, and about 5 minutes later already found a hacker.
sam1225

do u play MMORPG game . And what kind of MMORPG you play.

Post by sam1225 »

I play DelugeRPG [Pokemon game] . You should also play it please . :goodvibes:
zgr

Post by zgr »

puttz wrote:Some screenshots of some skins I've done for a couple of old racing games I play: NASCAR Heat and GTR2. I also race in a couple of leagues for NASCAR Heat running recent mods (made in the last couple of years).

If anyone is interested, you can get the NASCAR Heat engine for free legally (only the stuff needed to run mods, does not come with cars or tracks) and download mods and tracks and be able to run them. (Shameless plug warning :hide: ) Anyone would be welcome to join us for some racing as long as you have at least a controller (wheel is better) and aren't a crasher. For most of you the race times would be early in the morning (races usually start at 9PM EST/-5GMT), and you'd need to be able to speak English (or at least understand spoken English, there is no requirement that you must speak) as most of the leagues have mandatory voice chat :scared: If anyone is interested (unlikely), PM me for details.

And without further blather, here are the skins:
Maybe an old post, but I like your skins :) I play F1 Challenge 99-02 and rFactor and created Skins for fun, currently making some skins for FormulaGP teams :) but great to see other member working on skins in racing games :goodvibes:
Hello.
sam1225

Do You play online games ? What do you play online .

Post by sam1225 »

I play Happy Wheels , deluge rpg , Ace gangster , Hawaiian race , Free rider HD , Pokemon Trading card online ON play R [OLD 1995 Games] , Hot wheels online , Uphill rush 4,5,6 , Renegade Racing , freeway Fury 2,3 And coaster Racer 3
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

zgr wrote:Maybe an old post, but I like your skins :) I play F1 Challenge 99-02 and rFactor and created Skins for fun, currently making some skins for FormulaGP teams :) but great to see other member working on skins in racing games :goodvibes:
I'm doing skinning too, most prominently on TMUF and GTR2. I have two prominent WIPs I'm currently working on, yet I haven't continued it at the moment because I was too busy.

Nevertheless, I have two cars that I am working: first one is a Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring car, and the other is the Taylor Swift-themed Porsche. Lots of new models are now floating on TrackMania Carpark, but if I were to return skinning, I would prioritize these unfinished ones first.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

I've been playing a browser game called NationStates. Have you guys heard about it? It's a browser game where you create a nation and you can run a type of government (i.e. Left-Wing Utopia, Inoffensive Centrist Democracy, Anarchy, Right-Wing Utopia, etc.) that it's up to your choice. You can set the currency, the national animal, motto, create you own flag. You can even join the World Assembly (which is exactly like the United Nations). Also: You can have more than 1 country in the game (For example, I have 4). Like I wrote before, you create a country and you develop it. Every day, you'll have AT LEAST 5 issues to solve or to ignore.

Open the spoiler, the link is there:
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
sam1225

NFM

Post by sam1225 »

who plays NFM
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Has anyone here played Overwatch yet? I viewed some of the storyline videos and the story aspect of the game attracted me, yet I haven't experienced the game hands-on.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
zgr

Post by zgr »

I've started a "super" career mode with the codemasters F1-series, starting in 2010 with Renault, continue 2011 with them and now drive for McLaren in 2012. Also I make my own "driver market".
Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes
01. Myself
02. J. Button

Lotus F1 Team
03. R. Kubica
04. K. Raikkonen

Red Bull Racing
05. S. Vettel
06. M. Webber

Mercedes Petronas F1 Team
07. N. Rosberg
08. L. Hamilton

Scuderia Ferrari
09. F. Alonso
10. S. Perez

Williams F1 Team
11. P. Maldonado
12. R. Grosjean

Sahara Force India
14. N. Hülkenberg
15. A. Sutil

Sauber F1 Team
16. F. Massa
17. G. van der Garde

Marussia F1 Team
18. C. Pic
19. J. Bianchi

Scuderia Toro Rosso
20. J.-E. Vergne
21. D. Ricciardo

Caterham F1 Team
22. H. Kovalainen
23. B. Senna

HRT F1 Team
24. N. Karthikeyan
25. J. Alguersuari
Well, this season...I really dominate it... 9 races (just finished Silverstone), 9 wins, lead the championship with 225 points, 96 (!) points in front of Kubica and 134 in front of Button. I SWEAR I do not use any help or assists. It's quite impressive and I scare myself how well it's going. :goodvibes:
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

zgr wrote:Well, this season...I really dominate it... 9 races (just finished Silverstone), 9 wins, lead the championship with 225 points, 96 (!) points in front of Kubica and 134 in front of Button. I SWEAR I do not use any help or assists. It's quite impressive and I scare myself how well it's going. :goodvibes:

AI level: Beginner :mrgreen: :liar:

[quote="zgr"]
Sauber F1 Team
17. G. van der Garde

Marussia F1 Team
19. J. Bianchi

Caterham F1 Team
[/quote]

The old times. I want to go back :vsad:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

RobertRacer wrote:
zgr wrote:Well, this season...I really dominate it... 9 races (just finished Silverstone), 9 wins, lead the championship with 225 points, 96 (!) points in front of Kubica and 134 in front of Button. I SWEAR I do not use any help or assists. It's quite impressive and I scare myself how well it's going. :goodvibes:

AI level: Beginner :mrgreen: :liar:
On Legend (or whatever the hardest difficulty name is). I got to admit, races like China, Spain and Monaco were really lucky. (Weather in China, perfect strategy in rainy Spain and good timed safety car :D )
RobertRacer wrote:
[quote="zgr"]
Sauber F1 Team
17. G. van der Garde

Marussia F1 Team
19. J. Bianchi

Caterham F1 Team

The old times. I want to go back :vsad:[/spoiler][/quote]

Yea, that's why I like to edit some things :P and finally van der Garde gets his seat at Sauber :shhh:
Hello.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Playing the sequel of my favorite game:

Lambda Motosports

Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I created a GR logo at pxls.space :)
pxls01.png
pxls02.png
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Mad Dan wrote:I created a GR logo at pxls.space :)
pxls01.png
pxls02.png
We are internationally known, yay! ^^ (Not if it wasn't the case before...)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
RodSk8Punk

Post by RodSk8Punk »

So, at the moment I am stuck with an old PC (and probably will be for quite a while) and wanted some recommendations for racing games. I play some Gran Turismo 2 and TOCA 3. GT Legends, which I have on Steam, ran OK, but at nights it lags a lot, and since it has night races on the career mode, that's a problem.

Overall TOCA 3 is very good, I loved playing it on my PS2, but I miss some tracks (the Nordschleife), cars, and a career mode, with events, car shops and car modification, like in GT.

Anyone know some older, light on requirements, racing game that has a nice variety of tracks and cars, or at least good support for modding (and a good amount of light-on-requirements car and track mods too, light game but all mods being ultra-hi-poly and res won't work)? And, if possible, also a career mode, car buying and car modification/tuning?

My PC
- Windows XP Professional
- Pentium 4 3.0ghz
- 2gb RAM
- AMD Radeon 9250 128mb videocard
- XBOX 360 CONTROLLER, the game needs to have good support for controller (if possible, mapping everything to it, no needing to use keyboard/mouse for anything, either in game or on menus)

For reference, TOCA can run well (not sure if smooth 60fps, but feels like might be more than 30) with high graphics at 1024x768. WITHOUT anti-aliasing, this is important.
Config.PNG
I was testing the graphics just now, and while it runs with the shadows at high like in the picture, the controls feel a tiny bit laggish, and I think i might prefer with it at medium for better controls.

And the videocard is REALLY BAD with particle effects, so options for that are very important (Tony Hawk's Underground 2 doesn't have any option for that and it lags A LOT when these effects show up)

(Also, I'm stuck with WinXP, since the videocard's drivers won't install on anything newer, so the game needs to support it)

EDIT: My bad, TOCA actually runs with high graphics at 1024x768. I changed it on the text up top. Also added image of settings.

EDIT 2: Also REALLY IMPORTANT: The videocard's Shader Model 1.4 is a big problem as well. I wanted to play Need for Speed Pro Street, which is pretty close to what I wanted, but it requires Shader Model 2.0. Even many low end 8/16-bit indie games also tend to require at least 2.0. Only one I found that runs is Hotline Miami

EDIT 3: I leave the draw distance lower because it doesn't seem to do anything for some reason, both for looks and performance.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Try NASCAR Heat. Don't discount it just because it is a NASCAR game, there are quite a few good road racing mods available for it. Also, you can run mods without having the base game for free, legally. The game engine and mod manager is available at The Mod Squad. It has very low system requirements, too. It may not be as robust as some other games, but you can't beat it for the price :D
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Age of Empires 2 would be working on it for sure :D. Honestly old games are awesome, don't feel down having a pc like that :).