Remember the racers who have passed away

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Martyn

Re: Remember the racers who have passed away

Post by Martyn »

Phillipe Bugalski, Citroen's first WRC winner, has died after falling from a tree.

RIP
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Martyn wrote:Phillipe Bugalski, Citroen's first WRC winner, has died after falling from a tree.

RIP
RIP...

The Bugalski actually drove some of the most badass Kit Cars, but it's a big loss for us here, and another for the rallying world.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
felipebart

Post by felipebart »

‎"Este homem será um campeão mundial. É só uma questão de tempo", profetizou Peter Warr, dirigente britânico, durante a assinatura de contrato com um certo Ayrton Senna.

Há exatos 28 anos, Léo Batista e Reginaldo Leme traziam a notícia no Globo Esporte: "Ayrton Senna assina contrato com a Lotus!"

"This man gonna be a world champion. It's just matter of time", prophesy Peter Warr, Britannic manager, in a contract signature with a certain Ayrton Senna.

In exactly 28 years ago, Léo Batista and Reginaldo Leme bring the news to Globo Esporte: "Ayrton Senna signs with Lotus!"
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Not a racer, but a truly influential man in motorsport, breaking reports are saying that Professor Sid Watkins has died at the age of 84. An incredible man who we can thank for saving so many lives throughout motorsport. A massive loss.

https://twitter.com/5LiveF1/status/245985205259735040
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Bouncebackability wrote:Not a racer, but a truly influential man in motorsport, breaking reports are saying that Professor Sid Watkins has died at the age of 84. An incredible man who we can thank for saving so many lives throughout motorsport. A massive loss.

https://twitter.com/5LiveF1/status/245985205259735040
Hear Hear.

This thread would be a lot longer if it were not for this great man. Maybe now him and Ayrton can finally go fishing.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Glen

Post by Glen »

Yesterday, I race driver like me passed away... (same age, same kind of car, same kind of races...)

I want to laugh, but it would be disrespectful! He got hit while he was out of his car, commissioners had not told to go out and there was no danger. :doh:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Prior to the season showdown of the WTCC, two drivers have lost their lives: Luis Carreira and Philip Yau. :rip:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Now we've lost Allan Simonsen - a death has been on the cards for a few years at Le Mans, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Ah, and that all of a sudden... Just when everyone thought he would be alright, then are there inner injuries. (or at least I suspect there were)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Bakkerud passed not long ago, and his fellow countryman has lost his life... That proves yet again how dangerous Le Mans can be even today.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

A sad ending showing how even today's advancements in motorsport safety can't save everyone's lives in the racing world. Rest peacefully, Allan Simonsen.

Here's hoping no further deaths occur in today's race.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
puttz

Post by puttz »

This is a little late. RIP Jason Leffler, who died in a sprint car crash a week ago.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

R.I.P. Andrea Antonelli - victim of a Marco Simoncelli-style crash. Horrible, horrible incident.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Karl-Heinz Kalbfell, the former Executive Director of BMW Motorsport, died in a motorcycle crash in Brands Hatch.

The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Another great racing driver has passed away as Sean Edwards was killed today
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

This is tragic news, the photo of the scene in that article show how violent the crash must have been.

Sean still leads the Porsche Supercup championship by 18 points with just two races in Yas Marina remaining.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

:rip:

The other guy had really a misfortune in his luck, three hours stuck burned in the car, terrible. Fingers crossed.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

It was hard enough hearing about Maria de Villota passing away, now with Sean Edwards dead...
:weep: :rip:

What a screwed up week for motorsport fans. :worried:
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Haruna wrote:It was hard enough hearing about Maria de Villota passing away, now with Sean Edwards dead...
:weep: :rip:

What a screwed up week for motorsport fans. :worried:
You're right, Haruna, it could be even worse, I recalled it when looked at Luke's post bit more above:
Lukeno94 wrote:R.I.P. Andrea Antonelli - victim of a Marco Simoncelli-style crash. Horrible, horrible incident.
This happened this Sunday in Moto2 at Sepang (yes, where Simoncelli lost his life, it's two years ago already :rip:). At least two of guys had really intense luck there while lying lying on the road, I couldn't believe all are OK.

DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

:rip: Kurt Caselli, one of the participants of Baja 1000.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Looks like it was an actual racing driver, Roger Rodas, who was driving in the accident that killed Paul Walker. http://www.motorsport.com/obituaries/ne ... be-missed/
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Lukeno94 wrote:Looks like it was an actual racing driver, Roger Rodas, who was driving in the accident that killed Paul Walker. http://www.motorsport.com/obituaries/ne ... be-missed/
Sad thay not only was one car enthusiast died, but were there two; a racing driver, and the guy who plays a street racer in a certain movie. Both of them will be missed... :rip:
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Paul was a real car enthusiast.

"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert