Discussion about diseases thread

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Thunderstrucker

Discussion about diseases thread

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Hi.
I created this thread for we discuss about diseases, as the name says.
I'm with flu, (not swine one, regular flu.)
Very ill and I want to know what's your opinion about diseases like that
(what's the worser disease that you had, etc.)

Cheers, Rap. :ill:

Edited by Trigger Happy: topic name corrected from deseases to diseases to prevent various confusions.

EDIT: after 3 words correction, I think I'm with a mind problem, another DISEASE to me. :headbang:
Last edited by Thunderstrucker on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
bduddy

Re: Discussion about deceases thread

Post by bduddy »

I presume you mean "diseases"? "Deceases" is probably not a word, and is far too close to "deceased", i.e. "dead"...
I like short, simple signatures!
Thunderstrucker

Re: Discussion about deseases thread

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Sorry...
I always confuse those two words... :sweatdrop:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Without attacking anyone, I find that people tend to overreact with illness (cold etc is hardly an illness). Once they have a bit of a cold or a headache, they are so sick that they can't do anything and must lay down in bed.
Unless you are really sick, laying down in bed doesn't make you better so you might as well get your act together and start doing something.

Last time I was really sick I must have been 7 or 8 ;), as I don't really rate a cold or a small flu as an illness.
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Now this is really a sick thread!

I'm joking :) . I agree with the words above.
I have 2 interesting stories, maybe you'll find them useful:
2 years ago I had a brief period of panic attacks. It came and passed, I didn't take pills or else. I don't know the reasons, everything was OK before. All I can say that it is a really really bad thing. I was completely down physically and I felt that I was about to decease (or desease or disease, sorry for another joke :) ). But I didn't, after all.

Not an illness but a strange thing, I don't know if you know it: sleep paralysis. I have it from time to time. When you're about to fall asleep or wake up, you are suddenly paralysed, cannot move, speak, nothing. You hear a pulsating white noise (your blood flow, actually), feel a pressure on your body and it's very frightening (even if it's completely harmless). Not a very frequent thing but many people experience it without knowing what it is. It took me a lot of time to realise that this phenomenon has been described by doctors and actually has the name SP. Cool, eh?
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Alex

Re: Discussion about diseases thread

Post by Alex »

The worst illness i had was about 2 years ago. It was my first secondary school day and at 6pm i puked up in the toilet a lot :sick: . I thought it was a fluke until an hour later where i puked up again. This happened about 5 more times, each throw up sooner than the last. I had to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag because of my stupid mum. Didn't get to sleep 'til 1AM so it ruined my sleep and ruined my day. THANKS A LOT BACTERIA :boxing:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Well, last year I had some sort of flu, I couldnt get up from the bed, when I got up, I almost fainted. :boxing:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Had a swine flu in the beginning of this year. About 42 C of fever in the night.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Well, I have asthma, but it's not very serious... I used to have diseases like pneunomia and bronchitis (cool names they have, but they concern the lungs. keuhkokuume and keuhkoputkentulehdus in Finnish) quite often when I was <8 years. But they ended after the asthma was diagnosed and I started using medicine. I've had an asthma attack only once in my whole life, and that ended in like 30 seconds. Nowadays I don't even need to use the medicine anymore :)

But I'm also suffering from one of the most annoying things in the world, allergies. I'm allergic to lots and lots of foods, (apples, pears etc, nuts, and so on...) and also to pollen of some trees. This means that when I go out on a spring day, the evening or next morning I feel like I want to dig my eyes out and rip the nose apart. :mad:

Once last year I had so bad headache, that I couldn't do anything at all, I was just lying on the bed (I had some movies running on, but I couldn't follow them). Then I went to pee, and I noticed that my head didn't ache as much. Then I started sitting instead of lying down, and it went better. 1h later I felt almost normal :really: :really:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

The Noose wrote:Had a swine flu in the beginning of this year. About 42 C of fever in the night.
I know its horrible when you have over 40 C fever. It has happened to me only once.
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ