Tracker/Module songs

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
SammieVL

Tracker/Module songs

Post by SammieVL »

Hi, is there anyone making tracker/module songs here?

I mean things like: .s3m, .mod, .it, and so on...
Cause i make those.
Ill post a zip including some of my songs (unfinished).

They are called:

Its Over 9000!!! - who dosent knows this sentence from the youtube poops? Altough i dont watch dragonball (or where it may be from), i know that its from that.
Funking - a cool pretty unfinished song.
Generally a song - Srry, that this is generally related. It uses sounds from GR (sorry if they have copyrights)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SammieVL on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Sutinen

Re: Module songs

Post by Sutinen »

What the hell is this?
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Paw

Post by Paw »

You should explain how to listen to them, tell us what software is needed.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well, it's tracker music. You need some plugins for winamp or some dedicated software to play them.
Well, this is not done on one of those formats really, but it uses trackers.. I finished it about a week or two ago and it uses the NES format.

I still have a few things to figure out with the tracker, since this is actually the first one I have done.

Edit: And if you are using Winamp, propably the easiest way to get these to work is to download this: Monkey Audio plugin
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

1nsane wrote:Well, it's tracker music. You need some plugins for winamp or some dedicated software to play them.
Well, this is not done on one of those formats really, but it uses trackers.. I finished it about a week or two ago and it uses the NES format.

I still have a few things to figure out with the tracker, since this is actually the first one I have done.

Edit: And if you are using Winamp, propably the easiest way to get these to work is to download this: Monkey Audio plugin
Not that i know the original, it does sound pretty cool.
I like it.

Wouter.

Well...

ksm314

Re: Tracker/Module songs

Post by ksm314 »

I don't really make them, but I really want to learn how to do it because on of the games I mod (Need For Madness) only accept .mod format (as a music file)
For those who know the game Need For Madness, please check out кรภ-ภŦ๓.๒l๏ɠรթ๏t.ς๏๓ for more of my works!
Sutinen wrote:Monkeys live in trees! MY god thats an interesting fact!1!!
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

ksm314 wrote:I don't really make them, but I really want to learn how to do it because on of the games I mod (Need For Madness) only accept .mod format (as a music file)
Did it? I thought it had some things like .mlg extensions.
If it did, then id say that you should open them up and use their sounds to create a new one.

About making mods, its pretty easy, ill teach you:

Step 1: download a tracker, i recommend modplug tracker: Download there you should click the link to download the latest version.
Step 2: First, you need some samples, (looped instruments or sounds of instruments) so go to the mod archive and then open the tab "Music". Then click "Random Pick".
It will give you a random song. I dont know if its cool, but just download it. At least it has samples!
Step 3: Open the zip and put the file out (the mod is in a zip). Then open it with ModPlug Tracker at the "File" menu. Youll see alot of things, like volume buttons and sliders and effect stuff. I think it should have made a new project at the start, otherwise go to "File" and click "New". Then you got to open the other song. After that, you will see that the song displays in the selection menu at the left.
There, you can open some submenus, in this case, have your song opened at the samples AFTER you opened the samples submenu. Then, slide the scrollbar so youll see all the samples. Then, im sure youll have created a sample. No? Then just press the button that is very right of the samples menu. NOT the toolbar very up. But at least youll start with one sample.
Step 4: Then, press the right mouse button on a sample of the other song in the submenu. Then you select "Play Sample". You will hear it, and if you found a nice one of the other song, drag it into the black area of the sample of your song.
Step 5: Now if you have enough samples, lets start making a song. First, you got to open up the patterns tab. There youll see some channels. Every channel can have a effect. I still want to explain that, but maybe later.
Now it works with patterns, so it means there could be about 4 patterns.
Songs have four beats, and if the first goes "AAAA" the second goes "BBBB" and so on. This isnt good explained, yes? Its actually a very handy system, and it means that if you made the first pattern, then if you want to have it on the next too, then you just press the insert button. The same follows, and no creating another one. So is every pattern unique. But lets go on with making.
Step 6: Now lets continue. First, ill explain how you make songs in a few extra steps:
Step 6b: First, there is a menu list up in the patterns tab toolbar. There you can select an instrument (it means a sample).
Step 6c: Selected one? OK, now then just press your mouse on the first bar of channel one.
Step 6d: The normal sample as it should sound starts with the A button. Cause it works with keyboard, if you press S, D, F, G, H, J and so on youll have the Do Re Me Fa So La Ti Do. Every thing is just a note.
Step 6e: After that, youll know the buttons for it. Now here comes something that you might find a little hard:
Step 7: Just start expirimenting. If you get something nice, just press the floppy disk in the left-up part of the upper toolbar. Then just save it.

Now i hope you can do something with this.
I really do.
And if you, then please post it here :yummy:!

Well...

ksm314

Post by ksm314 »

I have ModPlug Tracker and I know Mod Archive a few years back. Nevertheless thanks for the help! I may make module files in the distant future though...

You may also like to hear some music from Need For Madness 2 (.mod format, link below). I like gina best

http://radicalplay.com/madcars/music.html
For those who know the game Need For Madness, please check out кรภ-ภŦ๓.๒l๏ɠรթ๏t.ς๏๓ for more of my works!
Sutinen wrote:Monkeys live in trees! MY god thats an interesting fact!1!!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Mod format has often been my chosen method for my electronic composition. Have made lots of tracker songs and released many many composition online but since the majority of them are quite experimental, I'd rather start with something more accessible. ;) Here you can find two of my earlier compositions in mp3 format: http://music.mp3lizard.com/stereospace/index.cfm
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Now I get it, thanks for explaining :D
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ah yeah, I could have put the original in the previous post so you can compare, so... Here:

I have to say I personally like the 8-Bit trackering(uhhh) more, because it limits possibilities of different sounds. And it also limits the amount of tracks you can have. As seen in the vid I posted, on NES platforms you have just 5 tracks. 2 square channels, 1 triangle channel, 1 noise channel and 1 sample channel. You can then tweak the sound further with the modifiers of the instruments.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

1nsane wrote:Ah yeah, I could have put the original in the previous post so you can compare, so... Here:

I have to say I personally like the 8-Bit trackering(uhhh) more, because it limits possibilities of different sounds. And it also limits the amount of tracks you can have. As seen in the vid I posted, on NES platforms you have just 5 tracks. 2 square channels, 1 triangle channel, 1 noise channel and 1 sample channel. You can then tweak the sound further with the modifiers of the instruments.
Why would you like sound limiting, thats why i make more mods than midis.
Square channels? Triangle channels? You mean sound waves? I use audacity, and so i think i might understand it a little...

Well...

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Wouter wrote:
Why would you like sound limiting, thats why i make more mods than midis.
Square channels? Triangle channels? You mean sound waves? I use audacity, and so i think i might understand it a little...
Well, the answer for the first question is quite simple... It's sometimes more fun to create something with more limitations. I have used FL-Studio for about 4 years now. I produce the harder styles. This requires quite a special way of tweaking and making sounds, so I know pretty much of how to do a specific sound and stuff like that. The thing is, when you know too much and know too well what works and what doesn't it can easily become a bit boring. So I use the limitations of NES hardware to bring some nice excitement into the process.
(A non-tracker song I finished just yesterday):

The 4(or 5) channels should really be called as channels. Yes, their main waveform is what I said, but they can be transformed, so they aren't pure triangle or square waves anymore.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

:wow: Rich nagel posts in my topic... (i think that should be pretty much a honor)
Sounds nice. Fun using sounds of GR, before i did with my Generally a song song(included in my pack of three songs, up here in the first post).

Well...

Rich Nagel
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Rich Nagel »

Wouter wrote:Sounds nice. Fun using sounds of GR, before i did with my Generally a song song(included in my pack of three songs, up here in the first post).
Hey, sounds great! :) BTW, the four that I linked to use nothing but the GR sound effects; except for "GeneRally Overdrive"... it also includes a single sound effect of the woman's voice "Overdrive!" <grin>.

@All,

A few more Tracker related things... quite historical to say the least:

http://www.cmoo.com/snor/weeds/Echoing.htm
http://www.cmoo.com/snor/weeds/Lars.htm

...and *my* choice of players for Tracker format music (as well as MIDI's using SoundFonts for MIDI synthesis):

http://www.cmoo.com/snor/weeds/SoundFon ... XMPlay.htm

P.S. Lots of my music here -> http://www.richnagel.net ... been busy the past few months :)
Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
www.richnagel.net
¥Weeds¥ GeneRally Stuff - ALL broken links FINALLY fixed!
¥Weeds¥ File Archives - Music, stuff, and more.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Oheeey! Yep yep, time for something new on this field. There is a great ED in an anime called Gosick and I wanted to create a Nes version of it. Ahh, doing these gives such a nice breather of the other stuff I do these days..

And the original for comparison:
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

New song! Its only with GR sounds, and its very sad.
I named it "Shattered Dreams" (even sad title lol).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Well...

egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Wow, did you make it all alone? It's very good, and it doesn't seem sad to me.. I'd say it's "intrigueing". :scratch: :bg:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

egamad wrote:Wow, did you make it all alone?
Yes, all myself. :yummy:

BTW, heres another song im working on. Im calling it "Survivaled" because its inspired by another mod song, called Survive, and i also took some parts from it.

Well...

resir014

Post by resir014 »

This one is a legend. :D

@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

I must say, I love 1nsane's music :o
Listen to my favourite song here

And subscribe to my YouTube account here

aka. Inca4life
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Haha, thanks! :D And there's going to be more stuff like those coming next week since I made a 8-bit song for our game project. :shhh:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

And then I kinda managed to forget to upload it. So... Here's the song.

SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

New songs!

Theyre not all done BTW.

Warrior - a cool fast song.
Spepic - Made for my WoutStopmotion intro. The intro music came out a little different.
Shitter - Try and reverse that low-pitched talking sample :P
LolGro - Weird, random madness.
FEE-EN-BALLEN-ZIEK-WORDEN - Kind of a remix from a weird song i made called FEE-EN-BALLEN-ZIEK. So called because the google translate voice said that.
Bbbo - Remade after a song from my Anti-Jan game.

Well...