Multi Lingual Junk!

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Thunderstrucker

Re: Multi Lingual Junk!

Post by Thunderstrucker »

cocney wrote:I think that my sister told me that Croats from middle Croatia have very good predispositions to learn all other languages. I think that Slavic languages are very hard to learn for western people but western languages are easy for Slavics. All western languages have a lot words from Latin and that makes them very similar and easy to learn.
Actually, almost all languages have words from other languages. I noticed that when I was studying English, and noticed again now that I'm studying Japanese. Japanese seems pretty hard for most people because of the writing, but it's not very hard when you are studying vocabulary (Maybe it if if you only know how to speak english, since english doesn't use "r" sounds as Japanese and other languages (Portuguese, for example) does.

But that applies to some words in PT, too. One rule of PT language is that every word starting with an R will have the /H/ sound (e.g. 'Rápido' = 'Ha-pee-doe'. Rápido means fast. In Japanese, I think it would be read as 'ラーピド', 'Raapido').
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

I speak Spanish, English, a bit of Catalan, Portuguese and a bit of Korean (i only know speak, but i don't know write it :P )
ps. Sorry for the bump. :bump:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

I can speak German, Polish (relatives), English, a bit Spanish (I'm learning it, but bad. :hide:) and a bit Latin (also learning, but better then Spanish :P)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

RobertRacer99 wrote:I can speak German, Polish (relatives), English, a bit Spanish (I'm learning it, but bad. :hide:) and a bit Latin (also learning, but better then Spanish :P)
I atleast know few words in Polish, and what words you know in Spanish? :misch:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Much, I can speak it (a little), but not too much. (I learn it for 1,5 years.)

And BTW, you're younger then me, but you know SOOO much languages?
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

RobertRacer99 wrote:And BTW, you're younger then me, but you know SOOO much languages?
Nope, those languages is all that i know to speak. ;)
zgr

Post by zgr »

I can speak german, polish, english
learning: italian, french :)
Hello.