Multi Lingual Junk!

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Multi Lingual Junk!

Post by Trigger Happy »

I know only Czech and English, I used to learn German 6 years on high school, but it was learning without interest, so I have problems with basic grammar now. Of course I understand almost perfectly Slovakian (but when I speak, I tend to speak Czechoslovak mix), but I don't understand Polish very much (maybe more problem of very different intonation in sentence than words themselves). But once I had read Hey Slavs (anthem of all Slavs since 1848? and anthem of Yugoslavia since Tito? and Polish in original version) in different languages and the Slovenian was most understandable for me out of the Czech and Slovakian lyrics. :bg: But I don't have any closer experience with this language. :(
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Well, since the topic has gone this way, let's go:

I obviously speak French and as you can see, I'm bad in English... I once listened some food channels where they spoke Italian and German... The Italian one was quite easy to understand since about 50% of the word differ of about a letter or two of those used in French... So pretty language to hear... :D German is a little more thug though but the concept is mainly the same...
I personally can't like any Rock music what are singed in French... :faint:
dead14vii1640

Re: Multi-lingual Junk!

Post by dead14vii1640 »

I'm Spanish and I speak Spanish, English (more or less :shy: ), Catalan (only 4 milion people speak it and NOBODY has it as his/her only language :shrug: ) and I also understand Italian pretty well (80%).
Talking about dialects, I hate Latin Spanish because they thought they speak Spanish well and British English because it sounds like if they were talking while bitting a lemon.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

今から日本語でもいいですか? テスト、テスト...

EDIT: Looks like it works now :cool2:
I like short, simple signatures!
Ginseng

Post by Ginseng »

Hm...I just speak German and English (had Latin in school but where for gods sake you need that now??, total waste of time even many words in European languages are actually based on Latin)

But especially the Generally forum aka RSC made me start using my English I learned in school. Actually I was quite bad in English at school and was so very nervous when I wrote my first post in that forum. But in fact with Generally I learned to use English and improve it. Later that extended with chats via MSN messenger to Soltys, BGW, Topi, etc...
Now, working for international company I need English almost as often as German..no wonder when a helpdesk is located in India and Hungary, Purchasing in Romania and the company itself is from US :rolleyes:
But would really love to speak at least one more language...
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

I speak Italian, english decently, spanish (argentinian spanish, which is slightly different from the spanish talked in spain) and Esperanto (I got 29/30 at the first level exam :flip:). I also know some words of french and croatian.

I'd really appreciate if you warned me when I do some mistakes :)
Signatures are overrated
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Darjo wrote:Esperanto (I got 29/30 at the first level exam :flip:)
This is future :) Is there any songs in this language?
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

Well I speak obviously Dutch, English and German. Where the latter is my worst language... As I don't use it very often.

Furthermore I do speak some words of Japanese, French, Latin and Swedish. But that is like I said, just a couple of words, I'm certainly not able to keep a conversation in those languages.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

So far my native language is Indonesian ('nuff said), then English as my second language...

I'm trying to learn Japanese, but I'm on the basics right now (Not yet reaching the kanjis for these and those Jap words). A little Spanish (The result of watching Dora The Explorer at 6th Grade, know only words Lluvia/Rain, Salta/Jump, Abre/Open, Rapido/Fast, and some others), and maybe... Some others...

I think I want to learn German and Dutch right now...
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

DXTR wrote:Well, I can speak Hungarian (would be a wonder if I couldn't... :sweatdrop:), English and thanks to living close to Austria, I can also use German quite well. Slowly I'm thinking that I use English better than German, although I've got an ECL C accreditation from the latter one, and currently I don't have any kind of certification from English... Is it maybe because I used to speak with you in English? :cool2:
That last bit's my fault. Sorry. :hattip:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

I speak Finnish, English, Swedish, German (only few words: Sch**ße, führer, heil :D ).
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Sutinen wrote:I speak Finnish, English, Swedish, German (only few words: Sch**ße, führer, heil :D ).
Those aren't the best words :shake: a bad part of the german history, the last two.. :shake3:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I speak Finnish and English. I'm too lazy to learn any swedish. :P Actually I'm not even interested speaking Swedish. :shake3:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Is speeding fine really in German: Geldstrafe wegen Geschwindigkeitsübertretung ? :shock: No wonder why there are no speedlimit in autobahns
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

XYY wrote:
Sutinen wrote:I speak Finnish, English, Swedish, German (only few words: Sch**ße, führer, heil :D ).
Those aren't the best words :shake: a bad part of the german history, the last two.. :shake3:
Yeah... I thinked twice before I posted them, but really i've just learned those. :lol:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

GeneSuomi wrote:Is speeding fine really in German: Geldstrafe wegen Geschwindigkeitsübertretung ? :shock: No wonder why there are no speedlimit in autobahns
The also call it a "Knöllchen", which means the same, at least in the part of Germany where I live.
But you can also get one for parking wrong, driving dangerous, ignoring red traffic-lights, etc.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

The lost Ninja wrote:
GeneSuomi wrote:Is speeding fine really in German: Geldstrafe wegen Geschwindigkeitsübertretung ? :shock: No wonder why there are no speedlimit in autobahns
The also call it a "Knöllchen", which means the same, at least in the part of Germany where I live.
But you can also get one for parking wrong, driving dangerous, ignoring red traffic-lights, etc.
you have to keep in mind that "Knöllchen" is not the official name ;)
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

XYY wrote:You have to keep in mind that "Knöllchen" is not the official name ;)
What would YOU tell your friends, if you'd get one? :?
BTW, in Holland, the official name is: "Proces Verbaal", "Bekeuring", or "Boete".
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

The lost Ninja wrote:
BTW, in Holland, the official name is: "Proces Verbaal", "Bekeuring", or "Boete".
But also used are 'bon' and 'prent', but indeed the three mentioned by TLN are more commonly used for a fine.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

The lost Ninja wrote:
I can't get one with my bike :flip:
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

XYY wrote:
The lost Ninja wrote:
In The Netherlands you can actually, when being cought with cycling during the dark hours and not having your lights on. In such cases I do think that the cops would do better if they caught some real criminals instead of bothering the common folks with such small offences. On the other hand though, if you start with this, where does it going to end?!

But now we're talking about the cops etc. what other name do you give them?

In the Netherlands they've got some nicknames i.e. 'de juten', 'de wouten', 'de kit'; I know that in the Flanders part of Belgium they call them also 'de flikken'.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

CaLu wrote:
XYY wrote:
The lost Ninja wrote:
In The Netherlands you can actually, when being cought with cycling during the dark hours and not having your lights on. In such cases I do think that the cops would do better if they caught some real criminals instead of bothering the common folks with such small offences. On the other hand though, if you start with this, where does it going to end?!

But now we're talking about the cops etc. what other name do you give them?

In the Netherlands they've got some nicknames i.e. 'de juten', 'de wouten', 'de kit'; I know that in the Flanders part of Belgium they call them also 'de flikken'.
sometimes we call cops "Bullen"...
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

XYY wrote:I can't get one with my bike :flip:
Ofcourse you can, just ignore the red light when the police is standing next to you...voila!
Or try to drive at the wrong side of the road!
You really don't need a driver-licence to get a fine. :wave:
Btw, existiert das Chinesische restaurant noch, in der strasse mit dem Stadttor? War ich früher ziemlich oft.
(Does that chinese restaurant still exist, in the street with the city-gate?)

@CaLu: thanks, forgot about these.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

The lost Ninja wrote: Btw, existiert das Chinesische restaurant noch, in der strasse mit dem Stadttor? War ich früher ziemlich oft.
(Does that chinese restaurant still exist, in the street with the city-gate?)

@CaLu: thanks, forgot about these.
Keine Ahnung, guck ich morgen mal :mrgreen:
(I don't know but I'll have a look tomorrow)
The lost Ninja wrote:
XYY wrote:I can't get one with my bike :flip:
Ofcourse you can, just ignore the red light when the police is standing next to you...voila!
Or try to drive at the wrong side of the road!
You really don't need a driver-licence to get a fine. :wave:
I better don't do that ;)
Paw

Post by Paw »

We call them (cops) "gliny" (one cop would be "glina"), the other names are rather not to be posted here ;)

The "glina" (material) is this.