The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Thunderstrucker

Re: The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Post by Thunderstrucker »

The MNZ wrote:
Thunderstrucker wrote:
The MNZ wrote:CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 TITLES IN 4 MONTHS-GOING TO WON BRAZILIAN 2011! TRIPLE CROWN WILL BE OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No one will beat us.
:goal:
Our Ceará took you down! :mwahaha:
Interesting, taking "macumba" on your own team... But remember two things:
1-We have a return game
2-Palmeiras suffered a bigger frstration. :rofl:

Oops, we did it again...

(I only remembered now...) :shhh:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Sometimes I think, what did the Scotsmen so bad, if so terrible referee-curse still lies on them. :scratch:

Slow-motion of the Czech diver since 0:30 sec.
Martyn

Re: Discussion about sport events (out of motorsport) *spoil

Post by Martyn »

If only it was possible to punish a team for their 'fans' not observing a minute's silence before a game.

West Brom's supporters brought shame on the whole country today.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Now that the year is over, how are the national football championship?

Here it was over at first week of December with SC Corinthians champions and CR Vasco runner-up(you dunno how this make me happy! our biggest rival swim, swim, swim and die in the beach :ROFL: . Also it's nicknamed "eternal runner-up", and they did it again). Flamengo ended in 4th place.

We are all sad for Santos however. Messi scratched Neymar 4-0. :(
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard scores from 100 yards

Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

A vital win for myself and all Birmingham City fans - thrashing Middlesbrough 3-0.
cocney

Post by cocney »

If you watched the quarter-final game of Champions league: Barcelona - Milan:
Was the second penalty judge's mistake?
I know answer.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Cracking Championship Playoff match, shame we couldn't quite snatch it. :(
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Did anyone else watch the end of the EPL season earlier today? Wow! O_O

Can't help but think that maybe the QPR players heard their fans cheering (as they were guaranteed to not be relegated) and maybe lost their concentration, allowing the last goal...
I like short, simple signatures!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

bduddy wrote:Did anyone else watch the end of the EPL season earlier today? Wow! O_O

Can't help but think that maybe the QPR players heard their fans cheering (as they were guaranteed to not be relegated) and maybe lost their concentration, allowing the last goal...
Queens Park Rangers are terrible, that's why they let in the 3rd goal. They deserved to be relegated. Joey Barton should go to jail for his actions during that game, he truly is a disgrace, an insult to the human race.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Martyn wrote:
bduddy wrote:Did anyone else watch the end of the EPL season earlier today? Wow! O_O

Queens Park Rangers are terrible, that's why they let in the 3rd goal. They deserved to be relegated. Joey Barton should go to jail for his actions during that game, he truly is a disgrace, an insult to the human race.
That's a bit harsh on QPR. Trying to contain Man City with 10 tired men at a lower-end club whom have worked their socks off for 88 minutes is like trying to stop an express train with your thumbs. But Barton is a complete disgrace.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Also a pity, Luke, that your team didn't manage it better. BTW don't we have here a football thread? :scratch:

Edit: posts moved.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

How are people feeling about the Euros? I'm worried, based on Hodgson's statements about the status quo.
cocney

Post by cocney »

My Croatia will suck so much on damn Euro. Our best players have not playing too much, situation in our association is bad,...
I think that Sweden could be nice surprise (especially in group).

I am glad that Tottenham reach the qualifications for Champions League and money from Mansur haven't gone with the wind.

Who will win in Final of Champions League?
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I don't care about EURO :D I know our team is full of bad and lazy players except goalie and few exceptions :D. So nothing to expect.
But team from my city just won a tittle, that was awesome :). FC Slovan Liberec if you want to know the name.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Hodgson should have chosen a young experimental squad because, as usual England are not good enough to win, at least this time the fans realise this
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Even if it wasn't experimental, several players there shouldn't be anywhere near the Euros - particularly Downing, Wallcott, Milner and Barry. The only good thing about the squad is the inclusion of Oxlade-Chamberlain.

My squad would be:
GK:
Joe Hart, John Ruddy, Rob Green

DF:
Phil Jagielka, Garry Cahill, Micah Richards, Joleon Lescott, Leighton Baines, Phil Jones, Kyle Walker

MF:
Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Johnson, Ashley Young, Paul Scholes (if he was willing to return from international retirement), Michael Carrick (if Scholes did not wish to return only), Scott Parker, Jordan Henderson

ST:
Andy Carroll (simply due to his strong end-of-the-season), Daniel Sturridge, Peter Crouch (not his greatest EPL season, but his England record is exemplary), Wayne Rooney (he may be banned for the first two games, but he's had a good season and cannot be overlooked), Grant Holt

If Wilshere was fit, I wouldn't include Lampard either. And this squad wouldn't even be that radical!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Dude, Kyle Walker is injured

My squad would have been:

GK: Hart (Man City), Ruddy (Norwich), Fielding (Derby County)
Def: Baines (Everton), Cahill (Chelsea), Lescott (Man City), A Cole (Chelsea), Terry (Chelsea), Ferdinand (Man U), Jones (Man U)
Mid: Barry (Man City), Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Gerrard (Liverpool), Parker (Tottenham), J Cole (Lille), Johnson (Man City), Dyer (Swansea), Walcott (Arsenal)
Str: Rooney (Man U), Crouch (Stoke), Hooper (Celtic), Carroll (Liverpool), Holt (Norwich)

- Frankie Fielding would be my #3 keeper, I wouldn't take Green because he will not be anywhere near the 2014 squad so there's no point taking him to a tournament you know you're not going to win.

- I'd take both Rio Ferdinand and John Terry. OK there maybe an ongoing legal matter between Terry and Anton Ferdinand but John and Rio are both professionals so bouth should be in. I don't buy the 'footballing descision' excuse for a second.

- Why has everyone overlooked Joe Cole? How is Frank Lampard still in the squad? Everyone knows he cannot play with Gerrard unless Owen Hargreaves is between the two.

- Nathan Dyer has been mega for Swansea this season, I can't think of any Englishman better at beating defenders and putting quality balls into the box, he can even score goals.

- With Rooney missing for the first 2 games you NEED 5 strikers. Holt has been awesome for Norwich and Crouch's international record is out of this world.

- Gary Hooper's record this season has been one of the best in the world, he's scored 44 goals in 63 games for Celtic.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I wouldn't take Fielding due to him having basically no EPL experience. Ferdinand's injured/unfit, hence why he isn't going and I wouldn't take him (also I feel he is past it). Joe Cole is overlooked as he doesn't play in England, that's probably the only reason why. I must admit I forgot about Dyer and also had no idea about how good Hooper has been - but the Scottish League is mostly Championship standard, so he may not hold up on the international scene. Also, I hadn't realized Walker was injured :rofl:

That said, if one of the three goalkeepers gets injured, then Jack Butland replaces him... now THAT would be interesting.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

You say Fielding has no PL experience, but neither has Butland who as you say is a reserve. Ideally I'd take Hart, Paul Robinson and Ben Foster, but Robinson and Foster have both retired from international football.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I'm as surprised as you at Butland's inclusion, the only reason he can be being included as a reserve is because he's the U21 number one.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Surely that would make him favourite for the Olympic #1 position with Wayne Henessy being injured
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

He IS the favourite, I think. ;)
cocney

Re: About other sports (out of motorsport & football) *spoil

Post by cocney »

Bayern defeated :weep: but Chelsea deserved that win.
I think that the breaking point was in 95th minute. That Robben :mad: !
Bayern wasn't good at scoring and Chelsea scored what he could.
This game reminds me on Croatia:Turkey on Euro in Austria and Switzerland.
Your opinions, if you watched?
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

Congrats to Chelsea, it was a fine game :)
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg: